Reason #421,572 why I hate TOYOTA

Maybe you'd just have different friends...

Maybe...it's just my demographic (late 20s-to 40-something software engineers and other tech industry folks in suburbia), but everyone drives Japanese or German...I know a few people w/ domestic SUVs and a couple of Mustang owners, but that's about it.

Edited by moltar

Maybe...it's just my demographic (late 20s-to 40-something software engineers and other tech industry folks in suburbia), but everyone drives Japanese or German...I know a few people w/ domestic SUVs and a couple of Mustang owners, but that's about it.

...and how will they feel about their vehicle purchases when THEIR jobs are outsourced to India?

...and how will they feel about their vehicle purchases when THEIR jobs are outsourced to India?

Haven't been outsourced yet... there was a lot of outsourcing about 5-6 years ago, but that was mostly backoffice IT work and maintenance and call centers..new development is still alive and well in the US, in small companies, medium size and large companies.

It seems like some of the routine stuff was outsourced, but the creative and high end stuff is still alive and well here.

My job market seems to have been unaffected by the current downturn, I had a ton of job leads in Denver and many here in the Phoenix area when I was on the hunt last month.

Maybe you'd just have different friends...

:)

It's no wonder so many posters are completely out of touch with the realities GM is facing. You can't even let your prejudices get past your neighbor's driveway.

I have to laugh when you try and site numbers like there are existing statistics on bad drivers and what they drive. You wanna say that people on cell phones are distracted, and thus dangerous--fine. But as soon as I hear about Camry this or Prius that, it simply loses all credibility.

Suffice it to say that there are tons of terrible drivers out there, whether driving a new Lexus or a rusted out pick-up, they're certainly evident everywhere.

I just find this thread high comedy. It's no wonder a bunch of you read the biz pages (or god forbid, GM's own SEC filings and PR) and can't understand the depth of GM's issues.

Thanks for the unintentional humor provided. Really. I genuinely pray that GM isn't listening to a bunch of you, for their own sake.

Edited by enzl

It's no wonder so many posters are completely out of touch with the realities GM is facing. You can't even let your prejudices get past your neighbor's driveway.

I have to laugh when you try and site numbers like there are existing statistics on bad drivers and what they drive. You wanna say that people on cell phones are distracted, and thus dangerous--fine. But as soon as I hear about Camry this or Prius that, it simply loses all credibility.

Suffice it to say that there are tons of terrible drivers out there, whether driving a new Lexus or a rusted out pick-up, they're certainly evident everywhere.

I just find this thread high comedy. It's no wonder a bunch of you read the biz pages (or god forbid, GM's own SEC filings and PR) and can't understand the depth of GM's issues.

Thanks for the unintentional humor provided. Really. I genuinely pray that GM isn't listening to a bunch of you, for their own sake.

...no actually a much LESS rational group of people is going to be voting for our new political leadership in November.

Sleep better yet?

Chris

There is nothing wrong with a little passion. Both GM and Ford could use an injection of it. Hell, America could you a dose of it. Maybe we wouldn't be so damned complacent about our problems and anaesthetize ourselves with moronic TV programming.

...but passion should be positive...we should talk about what a GOOD car the volt is rather than bash the Prius. enzl is right, without positive, thoughtful forward momentum both the forum and GM are in trouble...

Chris

Eh, venting is a good thing. I have to be PC and all nicey-nicey at work all day.

Venting is good. But seriously I agree Carbiz again I decided back when I was in college never to buy a forigen car. Never have, hopefully never will and if that day comes it will be a Honda or Nissan. Toyota products don't appeal to me nor does the styling... 66 Stang a little venting/pissing never hurt, this is a GM forum after-all and no were not in trouble.

Edited by gm4life

My heart is always with Mopar and Detroit, but I'll buy whatever appeals to me most. I would have no problem with an Accord coupe in my driveway, a 350Z, a Lancer Evo X, and varrious other cars from various other makes. Toyota is the only real exception because nothing they make appeals to me at all. They're either bland or hideous. There are some nice Lexus cars though.

Things is though...I want a Challenger and a Camaro more than anything right now (and a Coupe 60 is it existed). :smilewide:

:lol: so on my way to my date tonight me and two other cars all got cut off in our respective lanes... a guy went across all three of us from one side of the road to a turning lane in one fell swoop... in a tC with the window sticker still in place. at least he wasnt on a cell phone so he could fully concentrate on the task that was at hand.

i will have to say that my conclusion as to the many toyo terrors is just that. they have a high share of the market therefore numbers are only going to show that toyo drivers are being stupid. mainly we got the fast and furious crowd to worry bout though, in fact some kids got caught street racing just last week on main street... i wonder why they cant figure out how easy it is these days to call the cops with a cell phone?

i will have to say that my conclusion as to the many toyo terrors is just that. they have a high share of the market therefore numbers are only going to show that toyo drivers are being stupid.

Good observation.

I was thinking about this thread when I observed two Camrys (one current, one last-gen) and a RAV4 driving like discourteous maniacs.

My heart is always with Mopar and Detroit, but I'll buy whatever appeals to me most. I would have no problem with an Accord coupe in my driveway, a 350Z, a Lancer Evo X, and varrious other cars from various other makes. Toyota is the only real exception because nothing they make appeals to me at all. They're either bland or hideous. There are some nice Lexus cars though.

Things is though...I want a Challenger and a Camaro more than anything right now (and a Coupe 60 is it existed). :smilewide:

Toyota really does nothing for me...too dull (like most of GM's cars). I like some of the Lexuses, but I'd buy a BMW, Infiniti or Cadillac over them... The one Japanese car I'd mostly like buy in the near future is the Infiniti G37..really liking that car.

Toyota really does nothing for me...too dull (like most of GM's cars). I like some of the Lexuses, but I'd buy a BMW, Infiniti or Cadillac over them... The one Japanese car I'd mostly like buy in the near future is the Infiniti G37..really liking that car.

I liek teh G37 a lot too...but I think I still like the G35 Coupe more...I love that car...especially with those sweet double 5 spoke wheels.

I liek teh G37 a lot too...but I think I still like the G35 Coupe more...I love that car...especially with those sweet double 5 spoke wheels.

I like the subtle curves and improved interior of the G37 coupe more..the old was nice also...

Edited by moltar

...no actually a much LESS rational group of people is going to be voting for our new political leadership in November.

Sleep better yet?

Chris

I'm not too sure about that....but it makes life here interesting.

Venting is good. But seriously I agree Carbiz again I decided back when I was in college never to buy a forigen car. Never have, hopefully never will and if that day comes it will be a Honda or Nissan. Toyota products don't appeal to me nor does the styling... 66 Stang a little venting/pissing never hurt, this is a GM forum after-all and no were not in trouble.

I've vented and pissed here myself. The point I am trying to make is that we should be untimately really proud of the current GM lineup and be Positive about that...

I own both Toyota and GM products...there are Zero Current production Toyota products I like, and about 12 current GM products I like...

But please, rant all you want, I am enjoying it...

Chris

One of my friends has a G35, the G35/G37 are growing on me also...

Chris

DF:

I mentioned to SpeedingPenguin your bizzare experience of Toyota drivers

actually yielding & waving you in once in a while... and how that is the

exact OPPOSITE of our experience and he made an EXCELLENT point:

75% of your milage is in a GEO Prizm... so technically you're in the "cult"

with your "GeoCorolla" and they think you're "one of them" . :P:lol:

DF:

I mentioned to SpeedingPenguin your bizzare experience of Toyota drivers

actually yielding & waving you in once in a while... and how that is the

exact OPPOSITE of our experience and he made an EXCELLENT point:

75% of your milage is in a GEO Prizm... so technically you're in the "cult"

with your "GeoCorolla" and they think you're "one of them" . :P:lol:

Had it happen in the Intrepid, Shadow, and Town and Country. How do you explain that one? :P

You must have a bite mark on the back of your neck....

Like Peter Egan from R&T talked about a few years back

in his article about Mazda Miatas.

Or, alternatively, there's no real conspiracy and idiots and assholes aren't bound to one make or model.

I'm not one to think that it's the vehicle one drives that makes them a crappy driver, but the crappy drivers themselves picking a particular make. There's plenty of evidence on my daily drive to show that so many little Chinese ladies lack basic driving skills. Most of them aren't driving domestic cars; however, most of them are driving Toyotas. I don't blame Toyota because that would make little sense.

If I had anything to say, it would be against the stale, old farts in their boats performing amazing, death-defying acts on the streets. I don't blame GM for their dangerous driving, I blame the only one there is to blame... the driver.

I would like to make one more observation. Every time I see a woman driving with her lap-dog between her arms, I'm just begging for something to happen in order to have her airbag go off, sending poochie like a cannon-ball out the back window. It's more likely that the woman would have a permanently fused fur-face, but a white ankle-biting yipper sailing through the air would make my day. Why do I say such cruel things? Simply because I am usually the victim of near-mishaps due to poochie occupying the attention of some dumb middle-aged broad as she unsuccessfully attempts to navigate a straight line.

I'm not one to think that it's the vehicle one drives that makes them a crappy driver, but the crappy drivers themselves picking a particular make. There's plenty of evidence on my daily drive to show that so many little Chinese ladies lack basic driving skills. Most of them aren't driving domestic cars; however, most of them are driving Toyotas. I don't blame Toyota because that would make little sense.

If I had anything to say, it would be against the stale, old farts in their boats performing amazing, death-defying acts on the streets. I don't blame GM for their dangerous driving, I blame the only one there is to blame... the driver.

I would like to make one more observation. Every time I see a woman driving with her lap-dog between her arms, I'm just begging for something to happen in order to have her airbag go off, sending poochie like a cannon-ball out the back window. It's more likely that the woman would have a permanently fused fur-face, but a white ankle-biting yipper sailing through the air would make my day. Why do I say such cruel things? Simply because I am usually the victim of near-mishaps due to poochie occupying the attention of some dumb middle-aged broad as she unsuccessfully attempts to navigate a straight line.

:rotflmao:

...easy on us Miata fan's...

Actually one of the Local SCCA guys is selling off his cars. In addition to his Miata he is selling, he is getting rid of a really nice 63 Cadillac. I was going to go look at both but I think he's got them both sold.

At the very least I could haul the Miata around in the trunk of the caddy...

Chris

• 4 months later...

Speaking of midgets.... before she was my ex, Marcia came home one day

and told me she saw a midget getting into a clown car. So natrualy I asked

what the clown car looked like and she said:

"one of those bubble-roof, skinny fish-looking things made by the Germans,

you said once it was made by the same company that made WWII planes..."

So of course she was talking about the Messerschmitt KR

and NO she didn't take a photo.... :angry: