Pickup Cars on Parade

I love 'pickup cars', too; not so much El Caminos (too common for me- tho I'd consider a '64-66), but the real oddballs, plus -yummy- flower cars.

On my other machine I believe I have a pic of a circa '49 Buick converted into a tow truck... and I saw another one of the same vintage at a junkyard in PA this spring.

I also looked at a '62 Pontiac/Armbruster flower car for sale a number of years ago, but didn't pull the trigger.

I love 'pickup cars', too; not so much El Caminos (too common for me- tho I'd consider a '64-66), but the real oddballs, plus -yummy- flower cars.

On my other machine I believe I have a pic of a circa '49 Buick converted into a tow truck... and I saw another one of the same vintage at a junkyard in PA this spring.

I also looked at a '62 Pontiac/Armbruster flower car for sale a number of years ago, but didn't pull the trigger.

Mr. B...you might appreciate this vehicle.

This is Kaiser after they moved to Argentina.

funeralkaisercaraa7.png

This would be more akin to a hatchback (the first?), but I think still meets the intention of a dual-use, cargo-centric car.

1949-1953-kaiser-traveler-vagabond-1.jpg

Old '54 Olds custom- love the changes & proportions on this one:

54oldscustom.jpg

george_hamlin_packard_flower_car.jpg

The only literal '4-door coupe' possible:

P5050014.jpg

Edited by balthazar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Here's an Oldsmobile 'Bravada' pickup:

(scroll down....)

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/your_garage/...tviewed_1.shtml

That '87 Chevy S10 "Bravada" pickup is really cool looking. I've seen older 2-door S15 Jimmy's converted into 2-door Bravadas, but never a pickup truck. In my head, I've tried to picture what a '98-'03 GMC Sonoma converted into a '98-'01 Olds Bravada pickup would look like. :scratchchin:

In my head, I've tried to picture what a '98-'03 GMC Sonoma converted into a '98-'01 Olds Bravada pickup would look like. :scratchchin:

I've seen something like that on one of the S10 forums I used to frequent, although I think it was the '95 - '97 front clip instead of the '98 - '01 one.