Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MRDETROITMETAL

Dodge Charger 2010

14 posts in this topic

straight up pencil sketch.....Now THIS is a CHARGER !!!!

chargerdrawingnh9.jpg

OK ..dis where the shiz led to : ( off the current Charger ! )...'

chargerrenderphotopix1ez9.jpg

post-1820-1211362046_thumb.jpg

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Not bad, I can clearly see the influence from the '99 Charger concept.

Now that's what I'm talkin' about! Only thing that bugs me is the way the top character line coming out of the fender vent has a kink. I think it'd make more sense if it went straight back.

Not bad, I can clearly see the influence from the '99 Charger concept.

that's what i thought.

THX...translated it into a photo render :

chargercolorshop1la1.jpg

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Not bad at all.

On another note, I never understood why so many people loved the concept and thought it was better than what we have now. It's swoopy and all but it's very 90's in design and the nose is kinda droopy and the proportions aren't the greatest. Plus to me it looks a bit awkward from some angles (front 3/4 especially). I do like it, and it had a better interior than what we got but overall I still prefer the LX Charger.

The proportions of this design are quite similar to the current Charger, I just borrowed the "classic" chrysler body style from the concept (early 70's style)...the greenhouse is much larger, the shoulder lines higher & front more straight, theroretically this could be built off a current Charger platform. That was my idea anyway !!..???

THX !!

EDIT : SUPER BEE 2 THE BOO 2 DA BAH ;

chargerrenderphotopix1ez9.jpg

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

On another note, I never understood why so many people loved the concept and thought it was better than what we have now. It's swoopy and all but it's very 90's in design and the nose is kinda droopy and the proportions aren't the greatest. Plus to me it looks a bit awkward from some angles (front 3/4 especially). I do like it, and it had a better interior than what we got but overall I still prefer the LX Charger.

To me, a low, swoopy, aerodynamic car looks far sportier than any tall, broad-faced musclecar. I understand the chopped-roof look that the Charger, Challenger and Camaro go for, but having a higher beltline to reduce the greenhouse height just makes the car look chunky and clumsy, in my opinion. "Aero" styling may have been a staple of the '80s and '90s, but I think it's a far more modern look than many current cars have.

I'm starting to get tired of retro styling anyway.

Sorry MDM, I don't think either of those chops looks as good as your original drawing. The notch in the rear window of the first is very strange, and the second one doesn't have as nice a stance.

Pretty cool execution, but the proportions are chunky. Thin up that A-pillar! Some elements of it are descent though.

Yeah translating the drawing into a production car "chop" does make it more "boxy" but thats more a function of the current platform, perhaps if I use a longer lower car as a base pix, then the drawing may have more elements delivered into the chop that way....hmmmm.

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Great ideas, you could use so more polishing. Honestly your ideas and always liked the 99 Charger Concept.

As for your sketch that is a very good. You have a way with a pencil not everyone can do that.

As for your sketch that is a very good. You have a way with a pencil not everyone can do that.

Well THX for that comment, you made my day Bro !! :camarosmile: .

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0