First Look: Pontiac G6 Coupe Accessorized

Guest Josh

We thought we'd change things up a bit and release some official images of upcoming concept vehicles or "works in progress" as I like to call them. It's not known of this Pontiac G6 Coupe will come to market with the accessories being molded in clay below show, but either way, here's a look at what could be coming for the future of a performance G6.

Posted Image

Subtle changes to the lower front facia and a more pronounced design of the side profile could be coming soon.

We also have it on good word a new hood scoop/rear spoiler treatment may be on the way. But, we're just guessing on that one. http://www.cheersandgears.com/public/style_emoticons//AH-HA_wink.gif

:D 'Tis music to my ears... err, or eyes; whatever. :rolleyes: :P

I will say that this angle makes the coupe look awesome. It really accentuates the rear body lines. Also, the ground effects look good. Not ideal, but good. Now let's get some pics of the hood-scoop and spoiler... Wait, nevermind, you're just guessing. Or are you?!?!?!? :o :lol:

Guess I am an old Goat! :P But the G6 still does nothing for me. While I kinda Like the new GTO, Pontiac just does not seem to scream at me performance yet. :(

Ugh, we just escaped from Plasticized Pontiac Hell, and now they're at it again? Hell NO to a stupid body kit and a tacky-ass spoiler! NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!! The G6 coupe is gorgeous as is... although I could live with a subtle Ram Air hood.

That picture was in the Tech Center News, and I thought it was of the new GM Auburn Hills design studio for Accessories /SPO parts... If you have too much money, the parts dept. at the dealership will soon be able to hook you up with lots of plastic, and a bag of wood screws. Like a corporate Pimp my ride thing. arrrgh

Ugh, we just escaped from Plasticized Pontiac Hell, and now they're at it again?  Hell NO to a stupid body kit and a tacky-ass spoiler!  NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!  The G6 coupe is gorgeous as is... although I could live with a subtle Ram Air hood.

[post="34128"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Hmm..I have to agree with ocn about the cladding....but in two-tone would
be quite cool.... :)

Oh, Ocnblu... :P

It looks plain as is, to me. Both coupe and sedan. They look good, but they're not something I'd expect from Pontiac. You may think that is a good thing, but I don't. The things that made me a Pontiac fan are going away... replaced by plain and watered-down styling cues. Horizontal black ribbed tailllights, specific trim looks, rear spoilers, ground effects, and overall aggressiveness. All gone. Just like A&S with STS. Gone... just watered down and plain. I'm sorry but I hate it...

However, I am suggesting a return to cladding, but I don't think what see in that pic would be in the form of cladding. It's just the clay molding for the design that would be integrated into the rocker panels and fascias. Not cladding. (I think)

Anyways, I hope to see some Action injected into the G6. It needs it.

Ugh, we just escaped from Plasticized Pontiac Hell, and now they're at it again?  Hell NO to a stupid body kit and a tacky-ass spoiler!  NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!  The G6 coupe is gorgeous as is... although I could live with a subtle Ram Air hood.

Dunno about that bro... it's a bit plain.

Anyone seen this yet?

Posted Image

Posted Image

No, I haven't... it's very very interesting. The color definitely is hard to look past, but the body kit's a little extreme and the hood scoops don't look right. A different style of scoop is needed. Also, that spoiler just doesn't look right. Maybe if it was moved to the end of the decklide... But damn, that color... :blink: :P

I have one word for that: EW. Plus, the spoiler looks like it's off a '95 Sunfire coupe... NOT a car I'd want to remind people of if I were Pontiac.

In the case of the G6 coupe, the drama is built in, no need for tacky add-ons. The sharp, wide hip line (especially cool from front 3/4 view), the flowing nature of the flanks, the long wheelbase, and the fastback roof, coupled with the polished 18" rims on the GTP and bright dual exhaust tips, convey a feeling of elegant yet aggressive motion forward. Any body kit or spoiler would weigh the car down, imo. I don't want to think of Pontiac returning to ridiculous tacked-on "excitement", when it's much purer to incite emotion with sheetmetal, NOT plastic.

I don't want to think of Pontiac returning to ridiculous tacked-on "excitement", when it's much purer to incite emotion with sheetmetal, NOT plastic.

Often, cladding was used excessively, with funky ribs and lines, etc. Now that they've completely stripped of it, it's like the car is naked. The body should have been designed close to the picture to begin with, using sheetmetal instead of plastic add-ons. There there wouldn't have been a need for cladding. Edited by Allen K

Often, cladding was used excessively, with funky ribs and lines, etc. Now that they've completely stripped of it, it's like the car is naked. The body should have been designed close to the picture to begin with, using sheetmetal instead of plastic add-ons. There there wouldn't have been a need for cladding.

[post="34458"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I agree... I want aggressive, not watered-down.

The 97-03 Grand Prix showed that Pontiac could use cladding tastefully. I really thought they were going in the right direction, until they came out with the '99 Grand Am. I agree mostly with ocnblu and Croc on the G6. The car looks pretty taught and athletic on its own, and doesn't really need any help. It's a new dashboard away from being a fantastic car.