Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zulehan

2010 Nissan Silvia

21 posts in this topic

Nissan is coming out with a ~20K RWD sports car, slotted under the upcoming 370Z. Some say it'll be named Silvia, like the Japanese-market-only affordable RWD sport coupe discontinued in 2002.

2010nissansilvia.jpg

I kinda quit drawing it before I was finished coloring things in, but oh well. I think I'm getting better. As always, all manner of critiques, comments and suggestions welcome.

Kinda cool. The grille seems to be susceptible to damage though, as it appears to be right at the bumper impact level. I am a great fan of the concept of a small, affordable 4 seat RWD coupe, and look forward to entries coming to market.

yes, overall it looks good. the grill should try to changed somehow.

is this supposed to be a 2+2? what's rumored to be the powerplant...2.5L?

The side sculpting is very nice, and the Maxima headlights don't looks bad on it. I'm not sure the angularity of the nose looks quite right with the curviness of the rest of the car.

Graet design overall, the side sculpting is is very nice. I echo the comments of the grill. I also think the wheels and tires aren't flattering it. It looks like it has the ride height of an SUV. Bring them down in size a bit so they look a bit more proportionate and at teh same time bringing teh ride height down to more normal levels.

Other than that nice work...but it has a b-pillar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

The car has a bit too much "muscle car" preportions rather than slinky japanese coupe look, but it looks great anyways. The grill is a bit busy and square compared to the rest of the car.

Great Job.

2010nissansilvia2.jpg

A little less sporty maybe, with the grille up in a more 4 seater position, but more cohesive and better overall.

I like this second one much better.

DodgeFan is right though... (fixed roof pillarless) hardtop would be mega-sick!

I just can't in all seriousness draw a pillarless hardtop coupe in the $20-25k price range. We know it's not gonna happen. The Z itself has a B-pillar. :/

Second one is much better, though I prefer the little outboard inlets on the first sketch than the first. Great sketches though; keep up the good work!

I just can't in all seriousness draw a pillarless hardtop coupe in the $20-25k price range. We know it's not gonna happen. The Z itself has a B-pillar. :/

That's the kind of attitude that has made hardtops the stuff of $50k + luxury cars.

Can anyone here think ________ outside the box!? :P

The Z does not have a backseat so it does not even necessitate a 1/4 window...

but I digress

Wasn't the Silvia marketed in the US as the SX? As in 240SX? Think they'd go with that name instead for the US market? Nice drawing.

Wasn't the Silvia marketed in the US as the SX? As in 240SX? Think they'd go with that name instead for the US market? Nice drawing.

they were for all generations except for S-15; which is a shame, it was the prettiest of all:

Nissan-S15%20Silvia-574.jpg

Yeah outside the box is good ...But,...this design is not all that smooth as the orig car...perhaps thats what is missing the mark here ???...LOOK at TJ's post that car is just clean by design !!....the 2nd sketch is way better tho !!!...do ONE more !

Here is what I am say'in...keep it simple !...So many new Japanese cars are going 10 different directions at the same time, & they look like total S*** !!!...try something along these lines :

2010nissansilvia2ce5.jpg

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

You're right about keep it simple. I think I need to pick two or three distinct traits to highlight and clean up the rest. I don't think I'd do it that way but that is a nice version.

Frankly, I don't like much of the styling that Nissan has on its cars. Until recently, they have had this strange obsession with curved geometrical shapes. While the 350Z is not a bad looking car, it is a bit odd looking in places. Also Nissan has a habit of having sheer vertical rear bumpers, giving their cars the illusion of having giantic asses.

Then they had the concept car called the Foria. It was a low sporty coupe with razor-edge fenders and small rear doors, ala the RX8. The overall design of the Foria was a modern interpretation of the original CSP311 Silvia designed by Goertz in the sixties. After I saw the Foria, I hoped that Nissan would return to the good-looking, clean-cut cars that they used to make (like the old 510).

Then the new Maxima came out. A car, which from all appearances, had had several large tree limbs fall on it prior to its unveiling. The GT-R also seems like two blokes were assigned to style each end of the car, and then the engineers didn't quite know how to fit it together in the middle. None of Nissan's cars are hideous, they just come out looking kinda wonky. Strangely, the Nissan with the strangest name, the Quashqai, actually has one of the most cohesive Nissan designs.

That said, I really like the sharpness of your drawings. The second one is better, but I still don't love Nissan's style.

I agree that the GT-R is a design abortion. :( I love pretty much everything Nissan ever did with "Skyline" written somewhere on it. I totally see where you're coming from as far as the designs turning out wonky sometimes. I think it's because they almost always reach very high and that's risky.

I agree that the GT-R is a design abortion. I love pretty much everything Nissan ever did with "Skyline" written somewhere on it. I totally see where you're coming from as far as the designs turning out wonky sometimes. I think it's because they almost always reach very high and that's risky.

I'd agree with that assesment, after all the G35 is a great design (Skyline in Japan). The G37 is also good, partially because they didn't mess with it much. Now that I think about it, I don't have much complaint with Infiniti. The EX as well as the old FX look great (the newer FX isn't as good loking). The old Murano was nice and clean, but the new one looks somehow older to my eyes. I guess they are just a bit hit-and-miss with it all.

they were for all generations except for S-15; which is a shame, it was the prettiest of all:

Nissan-S15%20Silvia-574.jpg

I agree 100%

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0