Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Possible Concept Shown In Rough Design?

Guest Josh

Yes, I do realize that the image posted below is a bit of a reach, however there's something under wraps seen in the image. Could we be looking at a rear spoiler covered up under the tarp, and possible dual exhaust outlets next to what appear to be a bumper integrated liscense plate holder?

Or could it be a preview of a front end shot with tow hooks and integrated fog lamps with a certain bowtie gracing the grille?

Ah the speculation GM puts us through.

Posted Image

either as shot of a concept/redline Sky or a Colorado SS butt. I don;t know I'm shooting frm the hip... this is a pretty vague photo.

Nope it was part of a larger picture. I cropped it down to this. It is a GM vehicle.

[post="33963"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

would you happen to have the ret of the picture ( just want to see the whole thing)

looking closer at the larger image, you can see a bar going threw the front of the vehicle. that front facia looks sporty and somewhat low to the ground. judging by the bulkyness im guessing its a truck.

im gonna bet a nickel its the next colorado, possible SS version or a sportier version of it. Edited by Fah-King-Cool

If this is a Colorado there are a lot of changes to it, I can tell it has a bug deflector. I don't know why but I have a feeling this may be the Silverado. It shares the fog light location with the Tahoe and has the split grill. It could also be a different front bumper for the Tahoe. Josh more info about where this was found or the background may help us figure it out.

One thing [is]is[/i] clear: we are looking at the FRONT of a vehicle

According to the CD/BP image blowup (referenced below) you can see another circular opening on the far bumper curve...now why would this be on a rear since you can see the towhooks in the blowup? It wouldn't. It's a front with a towhook.

Posted Image

Maybe it's just me, but when I took a closer look it reminded me of the front of an '05 Mustang, and either it's a sort of optical illusion, or there's a horizontal bar on the front. The squared top edge throws me off, though.

I've got a horrible interpretation of what I'm talking about here, and if you look at this you can see the the 'bar' better. ^_^

If you look at the chair legs in the back ground it is low enough to be a car. Now if you look at the bumper it has the look of a truck or SUV. My thought is the still covered top part still is incomplete and not built up yet or this was just used to mock a front bumper section on. There is too lttle under the cover part that is know to make anymore out of what we can see. For all we know they coud be just mocking up a bumper and rocker kits for a truck and not even finish the top. They are cutting cost you know.

I'm going with a Colorado SS concept!

[post="33941"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It occured to me this morning... why would they clay something that already exists (Colorado front end)? So... I'm back to square one. I don't know what it could be, but I want to see more.

The source pic is on autodeadline. It is the far right hand side of the picture Josh posted in another thread of the G6 coupe getting work done to it.

Guys I think it is a Tahoe I found a few more pictures of this concept.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by 91z4me

Guest YellowJacket894
I'd say it's one of the following: 1. Chevy Colorado SS/Facelift 2. Chevy Tahoe Bodykit 3. Maybe GM is making a new, retro S10 styled after the '83 model? 4. Next Chevy Silverado SS

Um...no.

[post="34624"][/post]

Lets compare a few things. Number one see the crease at the bottom of the bumper. It is on both the image josh posted AND on the one of the guys shaping clay next to the chrome rim. Next See the fog light set into the white bumper. Does that look more than a little alike to the one under the cover? Also take into consideration that these were all released talking about the GM designing accessories. All were probably taken the same time on the same day in the same studio. Conclusion it is a GMT900 Tahoe take from a high overhead shot making the covered area appear smaller and shorter to the ground, read carlike, than it really is.

Posted Image

Also HERE is the source picture.
Posted Image

See the guy in the cubicle? He is the one shown below which is where Josh got the picture of the SEMA Cobalt.
Posted Image

Also from Autodealine is a prototype spoiler for a Cobalt sedan.
Posted Image

Chris I normally respect what you have to say but you are wrong. Edited by 91z4me

If you look at the chair legs in the back ground it is low enough to be a car. Now if you look at the bumper it has the look of a truck or SUV.

My thought is the still covered top part still is incomplete and not built up yet or this was just used to mock a front bumper section on.  There is too lttle under the cover part that is know to make anymore out of what we can see.

For all we know they coud be just mocking up a bumper and rocker kits for a truck and not even finish the top. They are cutting cost you know.

[post="34433"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I agree, that is not a complete mock up. to me the top isnt even connected directly to the bottom.(not a bug sheild)

I dont see why everyone keeps saying it is the new Tahoe. we have seen what that looks like. Only possible way it could be is if it is the new Hybrid or the SS version. However, looking at the vague, and I mean vague picture, it looks to me like new Colorado SS. Has anyone though that this picture is rather old. It looks like, based on the other pics with the two guys fitting something that it is a Tahoe because when the Tahoe was first being worked on, GM had a lot of issues with the front fender to headlight fit. It could be anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Lets compare a few things.  Number one see the crease at the bottom of the bumper.  It is on both the image josh posted AND on the one of the guys shaping clay next to the chrome rim.  Next See the fog light set into the white bumper.  Does that look more than a little alike to the one under the cover?  Also take into consideration that these were all released talking about the GM designing accessories.  All were probably taken the same time on the same day in the same studio.  Conclusion it is a GMT900 Tahoe take from a high overhead shot making the covered area appear smaller and shorter to the ground, read carlike, than it really is.

Posted Image

the crease at the bottom of the bumper in the larger pic (in the background) and in the lower right pic are the same, but the one in the top right pic isn't. the way the 'crease' is in that pic is so that it goes into the bumper. the 'crease' on the car in the other 2 pics make it like a lip/chin spoiler. the only thing the top-right pic (the car in the pic) shares with the others is that thay all have foglights.

could you send me the high-res pic for the 'under raps' car? if not here then on my gmi account. thanks
-camaroman22

• 1 month later...

Yes, I do realize that the image posted below is a bit of a reach, however there's something under wraps seen in the image. Could we be looking at a rear spoiler covered up under the tarp, and possible dual exhaust outlets next to what appear to be a bumper integrated liscense plate holder?

Or could it be a preview of a front end shot with tow hooks and integrated fog lamps with a certain bowtie gracing the grille?

Ah the speculation GM puts us through.

Posted Image

[post="33850"][/post]

Now does everybody know what this is? Kudos to Crispey! Edited by evok

Now does everybody know what this is?  Kudos to Crispey!

[post="54436"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I knew they would change a lot of the details I just didn't know how much. So evok wanna venture a guess as to how old the leaked photos are? I guess prior to 2003. My reasoning is that it is VERY close to the 99 GTO concept and has NO cues from the 03 SS concept. Also it doesn't feature the split grill that seems to be Chevy's new corprate face.

Maybe I missed something where it stated what this is, but anyways... To me, it looks like the rear of a sports car of sorts (hopefully concept Camaro but that's only a hopeful guess). It looks as though the taillights are rectangular (if those are taillights). Am I completely in the dark on this one?