Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

(singing) Hot Fun in the Summertime...

New gold on tan with tan top Bentley Continental GTC convertible...at...Wal-Mart. Hah! Stopped there yesterday to grab a few things, and ended up following the GTC through the lot (little old lady, too, crawling along), out onto the highway. Gorgeous car, even in old lady gold.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Nut, speaking of the Galaxie, I saw a '73 Cutlass four door with the roof chopped off parked next to a gas station in Ocean City (I think it was at the Wine Rack/Exxon station) when I was down there. Poor thing sat out overnight in a thunderstorm. It had a "For Sale" sign on it.

Speaking of '73-77 Collonades, I was at a Dave & Busters for a company bowling event yesterday afternoon and when I came out, in the parking lot a distance from me I saw a white vinyl top on a '73-77 Collonade something (I couldn't see the rest of the car)...it was just strange to see a mid '70s design amidst all the modern cars in the lot (a mix of Toyotas, Lexuses, SUVs, etc.)

a LOT of new Jounreys. Has anyone else been seeing them? I've seen at least 10 so far this week, from base models to R/Ts....they seem to be selling very well around here.

I've seen a few... what is interesting, though, is that I saw one yesterday driving beside a current-gen Grand Cherokee. Scary how similar they're shaped in the back.

I've seen a few... what is interesting, though, is that I saw one yesterday driving beside a current-gen Grand Cherokee. Scary how similar they're shaped in the back.

We're sold out. IMO, it looks deceptively small outside & the interior is the best Chrysler has done in years.

My gut tells me that despite Chrysler's woes, the Journey with DSG (currently available in Europe, IIRC) and a clean MB diesel, might have the best chance of all Chrysler's offerings of being a breakout hit. The Charger, Challenger, Journey, Patriot, 09 Rams, minivans & Wrangler are the backbone of the Corp. right now. There's real automotive talent around Chrysler...the real question is whether they'll have the $ to execute.

Not surprisingly, nearly a dozen SUVs with "For Sale" signs on their windows, driven by well-to-do looking 30-something women. Most husbands around here work for oil companies and drive not-so-tiny trucks.

A dark grey '06 BMW M6 - Not surprisingly across from the lawyer's office. I've seen it twice now in as many weeks. I'll have to keep the camera in the car next time. My dentist drives a white '05 M3 - the tooth business must be good.

A few more new CTS's / STS's than usual. Such pretty cars. (Driven by retired-"poor farmers")

I'm awaiting the local McDonalds owner to bust out one of his two 'Vettes soon. Rumor has it he traded in his '02 for something new.

A Mary Kay car?

pink1.jpg

pink2.jpg

pink3.jpg

thast the ugly colored car I saw, I also thought it was a Mary Kay car but this one didnt had the little MK plaque all Mary kay cars have so I just thought it was a color offered from Cadillac.

Phuck me standing in a pile of dung! You know, GM could offer a variety of colors that many people would love to have wrapped around them, but don't... and yet, they offer THAT color?!

It boggles the mind.

Well, it's not "offered" as much as it's ONLY a Mary Kay corp. only orderable item, and one that by their contract has to be repainted over with white when the cars are turned back in to sell at auction.

Has always been Deville's and DTS's mainly, but they've also made some CTS's and even a select few STS's and SRX's for special execs.

Well, it's not "offered" as much as it's ONLY a Mary Kay corp. only orderable item, and one that by their contract has to be repainted over with white when the cars are turned back in to sell at auction.

Has always been Deville's and DTS's mainly, but they've also made some CTS's and even a select few STS's and SRX's for special execs.

and Pontiac Gran Prix's and G6 there not pink tho there white

I recall seeing a DTS in this color in June, 2005 when I was on vacation in Telluride, Co...

Couple of Saturn Auras....

And ya spotted a maroon Aura XR yesterday! Still can't believe we ran into each other there... good meeting you finally. You guys have a good day of car shoppin in Ft Wayne?

Edited by BuddyP

A restored old Mini, in yellow, last night...steering on the passenger's side and all. I've heard of this car locally from someone at work (making fun of it, sort of, as he was behind it in a drive thru once), and it really stood out on the road for that size. Great looks, too, and an awesome little buggy--makes it clear why they came back and are so successful. Like the Beetle.

2 Jetta Sportwagens at the dealership, one red 2.5/auto with hugh jass sunroof for $24xxx, other a black 2.5/5 speed with hardly any options, around $20,999. Spiffy.

Very nice. A white or black TDI with 18" Karthoum or BBS CHs would make it the ultimate road trip vehicle. I have a picture of such a car but can't seem to find it...

edit... Ah ha!

P1030159.jpg

Edited by empowah

At one time I owned a couple of vehicles that, taken as a pair, could be seen as ironic: '92 Golf water-cooled VW, and '65 Corvair air-cooled Chevy. Edited by ocnblu

A grey Volkswagen 'Sportruck.' :blink: I've never seen one before.

Someone in my neighborhood has a red 2nd-gen Viper parked in their driveway. I find it amusing that the most-expensive car in all of West Laurel is a Dodge.

Its not the Camry wagon itself that makes this memorable...

dsc02481ne4.jpg

Who the hell takes the water heater with them when they move? Was their last house condemned or something? Sure, there must be a logical explanation, but people keep proving me wrong too often when logic is considered.

Upon closer inspection, that trailer-load 'could' be headed for the local dump. If those are all personal belongings being moved to the next house, it could be said they're STILL likely headed to a dump.

Edited by ShadowDog

Crossing guard, standing in the middle of the street, directing traffic, allowing ppl to cross on their way to work this morning. HE WAS ON HIS CELL PHONE!!!

Chick, driving her multi-hued, old-ass Accent, solid on the cell phone in front of me as we turned into a convenience store this a.m. She walked in ahead of me, on the cell phone. She hung up to pay... then immediately got back on the cell phone. I left ahead of her, she came out of the store, on her cell phone, juggled her purchases as she unlocked her Hyundai, then, without taking the phone away from her ear the whole time, started her car and left the parking lot. Maybe the Accent was multi-hued for a reason. :rolleyes:

Ford Escape Hybrid lifeguard vehicle... it actually looked really good with custom graphics, surfboard, lights, and all.

At first I thought the quietness of electric drive would be a safety concern, but then I realized that with the crashing waves in the background, even a normal ICE wouldn't be loud enough.

Blue Ford Pinto wagon.

There's an odd vehicle been running around the city: a late model Dodge Ram Van, hacked into a pickup, with what looks like an GMC Canyon grille grafted onto the front. Badly.

My dad called me on his cell, had an orange 2008 Dodge Challenger next to him at the light. Took pics.

Edited by §carlet §wordfish

I got to see my first Dodge Challenger SRT-8 in London on Wednesday, in the perfect color, black. As much as I love the Camaro, I really like the Challenger after seeing it in person. Oddly, it was on a car carrier alongside a Saturn Vue, BMW 5-Series, a Beetle hot-rod vert (it's alright, I laughed too), Mitsubishi Gallant, and a newer model SLK.

Wicked white Rabbit 3-door 5 speed, on the dealer lot, optioned up to $19,910, with ground effects, 17" rims, floor mat package and cold weather package. Wow, me want. '09 Eclipse GT, on the lot. Ehh. Too fat for an Eclipse. Red V6 G8, on the road. The paint on these cars is sooo smooth, almost devoid of the usual factory orange peel.

Not a particual car, but I'm seeing more and more right hand drivers here, some unusual Japanese models.

A few I'm seeing are Toyota coupes, which were sold as Lexus here. Don't know the actual model name/number.

Yeah, Harley, I'm seeing those a lot too. Especially in the North East.

Black Jetta, previous-gen, with a huge white shoe-polish penis sprawled across the back window, and some words on the side windows, including the phrase "Guess Who?", and a bumper sticker that read "I... am not wearing pants". WHAT IS UP with black Jettas?:blink:

Brand new Summit White '08 Yukon Hybrid that a young guy who's a CFO of our companies project/land development segment just bought.

Really cool, actually, and I liked it even more in person--and he was sure having fun showing it off.