(singing) Hot Fun in the Summertime...

While I was car shopping AGAIN today...fresh black G8 GT with red leather (whoo...) and the Sport package with larger wheels. First of the four my dealer is FINALLY getting, the next of which are a gray GT and 2 matching gray V6's with zero options. For $27k...if only they had a decent lease!

Very impressive car, stunning paint, and door handles (and I presume most else) that feel like finely lubed billet that will last and be smooth for years.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I $h! you not...

A silver Rolls Royce Phantom at the Wendys drive through!

It was two cars in front of me. Had deep tinted windows.

:blink:

Something similar happened to me a few weeks ago, went through the Jack-in-the-Box drive thru, had a black Merc G55 AMG in front of me, and a silver SL AMG behind me..

Three Flexes, all black.

Same here, but just one, at the Ford dealer yesterday on the way back from looking at my new car. Still cool, but not as much of a standout in a completely solid color (roof, body, etc. all black) and the smaller silver wheels (not tiny...but you notice it) of a typical model.

Couple interesting Cadillac sightings today... this morning, I saw an early '80s Coupe de Ville on the side of the freeway, jacked up w/ one tire off...body looked straight, painted a light, bright blue (robin's egg blue) w/o vinyl top. Then later in the morning, from my office I saw a car hauler w/ a variety of cars on it zip by on the freeway, one of the cars being a white '61/62 Fleetwood 75...

Same here, but just one, at the Ford dealer yesterday on the way back from looking at my new car. Still cool, but not as much of a standout in a completely solid color (roof, body, etc. all black) and the smaller silver wheels (not tiny...but you notice it) of a typical model.

I may be in the minority, but in pics I actually prefer the monochrome Flex to the white or silver roof. I'll have to find one IRL to check out.

My last post in this month's thread: first-gen Corvair convertible, light metallic blue/white top/factory wire wheel covers. Cruising nicely, top down. It looked so small in traffic. Cars today are monsters, if you think about it, with their high beltlines and bulky structures meant to save us from ourselves. If we listen to the Safety Nazis, it's a wonder the human race survived this long without 16 airbags, 5-star crash ratings, traction control, FWD, ABS... I dread the day when we sit in our cars like a monorail at Disney World, filing our nails and texting, while the car follows a route programmed into it from our PCs.

About a dozen Flexes at a dealership. I had to do a double take because I thought they were Taurus Xs at first.

Yellow Mustang II with black vinyl roof, at the park. Walked past it 3 times parked in different places.

Red 2nd-gen Corvair 4-door hardtop, now lives at the end of my road. Sadly it will probably end up neglected and rusted like all the other cars in that backyard.