Followers 0
Blake Noble

Spied! 2009 Ford Fusion

14 posts in this topic

Spied! 2009 Ford Fusion
They can't be serious ... can they?
ford123.jpg
Link to original Article @ Autoblog

We've known for some time that the Ford Fusion was due for a mid-cycle refreshening soon, but new spy shots from KGP Photography reveal that more might be in store for Ford's successful mid-size family sedan. Previous spy shots have shown prototype Fusions wearing impenetrable front bras that completely obscured any design changes, but these new pics reveal what's been hiding underneath. This prototype features the current car's hood and "squircle" headlights, but sports a different grille style and front bumper. The Fusion's trademark three-bar grille looks like it will become more expressive in the next version, with the top bar bowed down slightly in the middle like a smile. We imagine the production version will have all three bars bowed to some degree, giving the Ford sedan a distinctly happy and swooped back face. The front bumper, meanwhile, reveals the shape of a new lower intake and two air intakes on each side that would house fog lamps. The most telling bit, however, is a character line we haven't seen before that appears to bend down from the front fender. This suggests that the entire front clip of the next Fusion will be all new, rather than just the mild refreshening we were expecting. Consider us intrigued and more than a bit curious at what the next Fusion, which may be a 2010 or 2011 model, will look like.

Spy photo (remove if not allowed):
fusion.mule.unc2.kgp.ed_opt.jpg

I thought they would give it a front end makeover that would make the upcoming updated Fusion resemble the 2010 Taurus and Fiesta. If this is representative of the eventual production version, then all I can say is that I am not fond of it.

Maybe I'm wrong, but that grille just looks like a plastic mockup of the new nose that got hot and bowed. Notice that only the top bar has the dip in it - the middle and lower bars of the grille are straight. I'd bet the grill will be bigger and bolder in the MCE as shown but will not be "smiley". Much ado about nothing.

EDIT: This is what I'm guessing it'll look like, albeit badly done. You should be able to get the idea:

09_focus_upd.jpg

-RBB

Edited by RBB

Maybe I'm wrong, but that grille just looks like a plastic mockup of the new nose that got hot and bowed. Notice that only the top bar has the dip in it - the middle and lower bars of the grille are straight. I'd bet the grill will be bigger and bolder in the MCE as shown but will not be "smiley". Much ado about nothing.

EDIT: This is what I'm guessing it'll look like, albeit badly done. You should be able to get the idea:

09_focus_upd.jpg

-RBB

Now that is not bad...

Here < link is an old chop of the AutoCosmos rendering, if anyone wants to look

really hope the Fusion & MILAN! are shown at LAIAS as expected

The front of the Fusion looks almost identical to the AutoCosmos rendering... the rear has been completely redesigned though

That Autoblog SpyShot doesn't have the new headlights on it

I saw an '09 Fusion in the new Sport Blue at my local Ford dealership. It looks no different from the '08. The only thing I noticed, if anything, is maybe a slight tweak to the dash. We have two '09 Milans on the lot at my workplace. Same story, just a few new colors.

I saw an '09 Fusion in the new Sport Blue at my local Ford dealership. It looks no different from the '08. The only thing I noticed, if anything, is maybe a slight tweak to the dash. We have two '09 Milans on the lot at my workplace. Same story, just a few new colors.

Why aren't there any pictures? :AH-HA_wink:

EDIT: Looking at the spy photos, the dash is changed a bit as is the center stack. The HVAC controls are different.

Edited by Paolino

I wonder if they are going to do the same approach they are doing with the Mustang...largely carryover for a shorted MY '09 and a big MCU for MY '10.

You aren't seeing the refreshed model.

010 fusion bows in january. the 09 is a short year but incorporates many of the powertrain upgrades, etc.

This thing looks uber promising. The Fusion has always scored well in reliability and handling. The new engines and styling help keep it relevant. Apparently they have the capacity to build many more hybrids than currently possible with the Escape.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0