91z4me

Buick Velite

14 posts in this topic

This is an update to a chop I did a short time ago. Tell me what you think

Old chop
Posted Image

New chop
Posted Image

No no no..... No more Epsilon based cars. The 9-3 is kinda small to be a Buick. If Buick wants a convertible, they need to look at the 1995 Cutlass Supreme and duplicate that in every dimention. Throw the 3.6 in it and find some sort of outlet to get rid of all the Sebring trade ins.

I think it would be a better idea to start with the G6 convertible. It has a hardtop and the longer wheelbase, even if it has no trunk space.

I started with the 9-3 because I think it would appear different than the G6 vert since they are in the same show room. It might bring a different audience.

I started with the 9-3 because I think it would appear different than the G6 vert since they are in the same show room.

pretty good thinking and the red chop is awesome looking.

I think it's too small to be a Buick.

To have a Buick convertible, it needs to be able to sit four 6+ footers comfortably. The 9-3 is just too small. Put a real American sized car out there.

I disagree that Buick should not have an Epislon based offering. If Buick is supposed toe a Lexus competitor (and thus an Audi competitor), why wouldn't they have something A4 and IS sized? I don't think that Saab was a great brand for GM to buy, at least for this country, because their brand image is kinda cute, but kinda weird. Buick on the other hand HAD a reputation as luxury without ostentation. If they start building products with good basic underpinings, like the Epsilon platform and dress them well (no low buck, tacky interiors), I don't see why they couldn't do well with an Epsilon. I prefer that size of car. For my commuting needs and basic family hauling I don't need a Lucerne and I can't see myself in the warmed over Taurus styling of a LaCrosse. But an Epsilon based Buick would give an offering that would get me into a Buick dealership. They have nothing for me now. But having grown up on an endless string of LeSabres, there's still one in my Mom's garage, I am pre-disposed to this brand. I just wish they'd build something I want to buy.

I think a smaller conv. for buick might be a good idea...I've never known someone that has a convertible, at least up here...that uses it to the whole family to the lake or whatever. They are usually used by just one person for commuting or a fun drive somewhere. Plus, too big of a convertible and your gonna end up with a big POS boat like a sebring that looks stupid.

We have plenty of smaller convertibles. If you want a larger convertible you can choose between a Sebring or a Solara. Pardon my lack of excitement for either of those choices. My Cutlass supreme convertible was awsome. It had tons of trunk space with the top up, and was still decent sized when the top was down. 4 of us could travel in it very comfortably. Passengers frequently comented about how the seats where the most comfortable they had ever sat in. Roomiest modern convertible back seat EVER. It had a 3.4 DOHC engine which was the best of both worlds, low RPM torque and smooth high end spin. Even though it was a frankenstien engine it was fairly good. It was putting out 215hp when most other V6s were 150-180 hp. It could hand a V6 Mustang it's ass and could keep up with the v8 mustangs of the day. It could easily break the front tires loose in 2nd. We don't need another smallish convertible. I don't want to only be able to choose between a 6-series or a CL to get a big 'vert. We need an American size convertible at an affordable price. The 1995 Cutlass supreme should be the starting point.

Does Pontiac need to deliver the G6 Convertible, of course they do. Does Buick need a legitimate large convertible, absolutely. I think there is room in the market for both of these. The G6 is not something I would consider a family car. Maybe because I am 6'3 and the misses is 5'10, litte cars just dont work for us. When I first saw the Velite I thought there is my next car. GM should build both for the North American market soon. Both are shows of what technological know how GM can put forth at any time. Convertibles are statement cars. What statement does GM make if they dont deliver.

Very nice chop, but its just too much Saab to be a Buick IMO

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room