HEAT!

104 and dry now... only 3+ more months until it's cool (under 100) again.. :)

We will see how my first summer goes in the Valley of the Sun.... as long as I drink a lot of water, use the pool every day, and stay in the air conditioned indoors, I'll be ok, or so I keep telling myself... or I will run screaming back to Colorado..

Mid 90's and humid. It means my classroom will be well over a hundred. Sigh... I refuse to wear a tie on Monday. I ruin them when I'm physically drenched in sweat.

I could care less if it was 110 if it was a dry heat, but this everything sticks to everything else $h! is no good at all. I got my AC up full blast!

Cranked-up my A/C last night to full blast, it will likely stay there until mid-September.

I hate Summer.

I've been somewhat the hermit today. This morning I went down to mom's to help her put her two window a/c in, then I went to Lowe's to pick up some filters for my Shop-Vac... then I came home with the intention of mowing my lawn, but it was like 11:30 by the time I got back, too hot to mow, imo, so I've been laying around the house all day. No a/c (still in the closet, I haven't put it in the window), windows closed, blinds are down and ceiling fan on overhead, on full blast. Not as bad as it sounds. I like summer, I just wish something would happen. Something good. Edited by ocnblu

A/C FTW!

I miss central air, but hey the A/C units work too and the one in our room is on full blast...but then it's been on since like April...I like it cool. No joke...when it's -5 outside I still have the window cracked with the fan on. :P

I hate heat, but humidity + heat is another level of suck altogether. Thank goodness the cars have working A/C (well besides mine of course, but I don't drive it that much lately anyway, so whatever...although I drove it today before it got hot).

My idea days are upper 60's to low 70's with a slight breeze and no humidity.

It has been pretty humid and warm here too. Glad the A/C in the Caprice now works and of course it does in the Equinox. The Bonneville is still waiting for its compressor. Then it will work in all 3. Thank the powers for A/C as a whole. I have had the central on here in the house for about 5 days. Only problem here in Wisconsin they size it to just keep up and thats it. Get to 90 degrees or above and it runs nearly constant to keep it at 70 degrees. Yes 70. Most people here are cheap to the point where they will keep it in the upper 70's. So thats what a lot of A/C contractors seem to size it at. It doesnt seem to bother people though to run their heat at 80 degrees.

Yeah... we had the "let's gripe about the hot summer weather" thread over on sixthsphere earlier today. Then the guy on the board who's over in Iraq right now made everyone else's weather look like a brisk spring day. Count your blessings. ;)

97 and humid.

I hate this weather more than I can say.

I hope it is a short summer.

About 97 and near zero humidity in my new home town.....(Las Vegas.) I've learned that anything up to 100 or so is hot, but actually still pleasant.....with wonderful, breezy evenings.....

It's already been 106 and 103 here.....about a week to ten days ago......

Cranked-up my A/C last night to full blast, it will likely stay there until mid-September.

I hate Summer.

It's funny.....here in Las Vegas, I keep the A/C at 84 (!) inside the house.....and while a bit warm, with shorts on, it's okay. Turn it down just to 80- 81, and it seems downright cool in the house.

That surprises me.....maybe the lack of humidity makes relatively high temps inside the air conditioned house feel cooler.....when in CA (which isn't that humid either, but more than Las Vegas) I would keep the A/C at around 70- 72- 74 degrees. Here, I'm happy with 81 or so.

It's funny.....here in Las Vegas, I keep the A/C at 84 (!) inside the house.....and while a bit warm, with shorts on, it's okay. Turn it down just to 80- 81, and it seems downright cool in the house.

That surprises me.....maybe the lack of humidity makes relatively high temps inside the air conditioned house feel cooler.....when in CA (which isn't that humid either, but more than Las Vegas) I would keep the A/C at around 70- 72- 74 degrees. Here, I'm happy with 81 or so.

So far, I've kept the A/C at home in Phoenix at about 78-79...which is pretty comfortable for me. At work in Scottsdale, my office is set at 73, and I and others find it a bit cold... some of the guys in my group have been wearing sweaters or jackets in the office, wierd when it's over 100 outside.

Just made a run to Wawa, still 88 degrees after 9 PM - absurd for June in PA.

Wow...I talked w/ my mom in eastern Ohio today..sounds like it's similar there. Unusual to be that warm in that part of the country this early in the year. Doesn't bode well for how it will be in July-August.

I'll take a New York summer over a New York winter any day.

I'll take an Arizona winter over even a Colorado winter. Not sure about Arizona summers yet. Eventually, I'd like to spend summers in Colorado and winters here.

I'll take an Arizona summer over a NY summer any day. San Diego summers are probably my favorite.

I agree with Dodgefan and CaminoLS6, I like the weather 60s-70s with low humidity. When I came home at 10pm it was still 91 outside, I really hate this time of year.

Of course its storm season too, we had some strong thunderstorms come through our area on Wednesday that brought tornados, which doesn't happen often here.

I actually like Winter, can't say the same for Summer.

I love Winter, but Z28 is referring to Long Island's infamous ice storms. A typical winter storm here is rain -> freezing rain -> snow -> freezing rain. So, power lines go down, you can't get into your car the next morning, and you fall while trying.

I'll take an Arizona summer over a NY summer any day. San Diego summers are probably my favorite.

Amen. The humidity hurts here.

In the summer, because I like to air out my place, I will keep the windows open all day. But come around 4-5PM, that a/c has to go on, because I won't cook or sleep in the heat anymore. I grew up where my parents refused to put the a/c on, and I will not go another night drenched in bed from heat if I can avoid it.

My neighbors had a pool party yesterday. It started at 3:30 am and wasn't over until about 9:30 last night. :rolleyes:

I wonder if Target has any Sponge Bob wading pools left... :scratchchin:

That's better than my new neighbor's puppy barking until 1 a.m. this morning!

Ontario has the WORST weather in the known Universe. (I hear parts of Mars are considered by some to be a little worse.)

We hit over 100 yesteday and Friday with the humidex. Where else on the planet do you get 110 in the summer and - 10 in the winter? Spring doesn't exist any more. It was 60 degrees on Thursday, over 100 on Friday. The Great Lakes are one huge heat sink, pumping humidity right over southern Ontario.

Although, :scratchchin: Buffalo seems to get worse storms than we do and we don't get hurricanes or tornadoes to speak of................

Although, :scratchchin: Buffalo seems to get worse storms than we do and we don't get hurricanes or tornadoes to speak of................

We had a tornado warning today, and my friend said she saw clouds a swirlin' as she was driving over. We had 4 separate awesome thunderstorms though :)

Well many of you know I am a low carb fanatic, but tonight, I loaded up the family, even the beagle and we went to Bruster's Ice Cream. I got a double waffle cone with 1 scope of banana, and 1 scope of chocolate ice cream. That's how I beat the heat tonight. :yes:

Link: http://www.brusters.com/

You had to post that right now, didn't you? :( :AH-HA_wink:

Man, now I really want a banana split.... :yes:

OY! Still pretty warm out, now I have to go play softball.

Ok, some advice regarding summer team sports. If you're going to play baseball/softball, make sure you have an even number, otherwise you end up with one person pitching to both teams, which leads to all sorts of problems. Also, make sure you're never on the opposite team of a spouse/significant other. And, most importantly, make sure that if you're the person pitching to both teams, you do not throw at your significant other, no matter how much she is crowding the plate, just to placate the members of the other team who think you're giving her preferential treatment by pitching her over the plate and throwing inside to all the other team's hitters. She's got a bruise and I have had the day from hell because of it.