Spotted!

I like the '64-'65 Chevelle (especially the '65) because it reminds me of the second coming of the '55 Chevy. I understand they were dimensionally similar. I wouldn't mind having one myself, even if it were a 283/PG car.

I like the '64-'65 Chevelle (especially the '65) because it reminds me of the second coming of the '55 Chevy. I understand they were dimensionally similar. I wouldn't mind having one myself, even if it were a 283/PG car.

I remember being tempted by a 64 at Carlisle.

i remember when they first announced the ss trailblazers there were very high hopes for it because it was close to the same wheelbase and powertrain numbers as the 67 396 SS's... whether they lived up to that hype i guess is personal opinion.

Edited by cletus8269

I like the '64-'65 Chevelle (especially the '65) because it reminds me of the second coming of the '55 Chevy. I understand they were dimensionally similar.

Not surprising, really, considering that the mission of the Chevelle series was to offer a car that was similar in price and size to the '55 - '57 Chevrolets (Bel Air, Del Ray, etc.) that grew considerably in size, inflated in price, and gained luxury features over the years after their introduction and after the introduction of the 1958 Impala.

The 1970 - 1972 Chevelle, however, will always be the definition of the nameplate to me as well as being the clear zenith of the mid-sized/intermediate Chevrolet model.

The 1964 - 1965 model Chevelle was sharp, though. I wish you luck, Camino. 8)

Edited by YellowJacket894

My personal fave Chevelle (after the '70, of course) is the 66-67 model:

155eeea0.jpg

Camino, is this the blue you're talking about?

65malibu-4.jpg

If so, then :drool:

My personal fave Chevelle (after the '70, of course) is the 66-67 model:

155eeea0.jpg

Camino, is this the blue you're talking about?

65malibu-4.jpg

If so, then :drool:

Hard to tell from that pic, and the paint non the car is spotted in a rough - but I don't think so.

More tomorrow.

Here it is:

1965chevelleforsalexa5.jpg

By CaminoLS6

It is a straight six with a powerglide and 80k original miles. The current owner is only its third and the car is bone basic and original. The condition is what I would call "original rough".

He wants 4k or best for it

Doors and rockers are solid, bottoms of the quarters have been patched, trunk floor replaced, gas tank replaced.

Sorry about only getting one pic - memory was full on the camera.

That powertrain is probably a good reason why the car is still around, not enough horsepower to get anyone into trouble. It doesn't look bad from here. I wonder if there are any performance parts available for the old Stovebolt. It's a 230, right? IIRC. It's gotta be bog slow. Something like that would be cool with maybe a 4.3L V6/700R4 (or yes, a 5 speed manual, I'm just saying 700 because it's already a PG car)... a nod to today's harsh fuel realities, while retaining a factor of fun. Oh, and those Cragar S/S rims would be off like a prom dress immediately, replaced with an "early" set of Rally wheels painted bodycolor with trim rings and decent, blackwall rubber. Just my idears for such a sweet little Mali. Edited by ocnblu

That powertrain is probably a good reason why the car is still around, not enough horsepower to get anyone into trouble. It doesn't look bad from here. I wonder if there are any performance parts available for the old Stovebolt. It's a 230, right? IIRC. It's gotta be bog slow. Something like that would be cool with maybe a 4.3L V6/700R4 (or yes, a 5 speed manual, I'm just saying 700 because it's already a PG car)... a nod to today's harsh fuel realities, while retaining a factor of fun. Oh, and those Cragar S/S rims would be off like a prom dress immediately, replaced with an "early" set of Rally wheels painted bodycolor with trim rings and decent, blackwall rubber. Just my idears for such a sweet little Mali.

He thinks it is a 250, but I would also guess 230. This car is as plain as a Chevelle Malibu coupe could be - the firewall is almost completely blank. No power anything.

The car should be done up right as it is basically a blank canvass at this point and in good condition for a starting point.

It does have a 10-bolt posi.

Nice. It's good to see you looking at starting a project car to fill up some of your free time and make use of all that empty barn space....oh wait :AH-HA_wink:

:lol:

Yeah, I know.

I think I'll be letting this one slide.

If I could, I'd buy it and stash it away for later.

BTW: I am scheduling some "barn time" for tomorrow. :AH-HA_wink:

:lol:

Yeah, I know.

I think I'll be letting this one slide.

If I could, I'd buy it and stash it away for later.

BTW: I am scheduling some "barn time" for tomorrow. :AH-HA_wink:

Re-doing the wagon as practice and then moving on to the Mothertruck would seem to free up time & money for Project Camino and beyond...

Having the storage and work space is half the battle!