Followers 0
MRDETROITMETAL

Ford Galaxie 500 XL

14 posts in this topic

Time for the heritage to be reborn !!!...:

galixie500xlmx9.jpg

post-1820-1212936949_thumb.jpg

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

I've liked some of your more recent work... but not this so much. Hmm... constructive feedback...

- the silver stripe on the side looks flat, like it's just a big decal. Needs to be a body line, or it's gotta go, IMO.

- has kind of a generic, blobby look to it overall, needs more character lines

I can see you incorporated many retro touches, good

effort. Seems a litte awkward though with that sweep

spear since the car is so blocky and does not really

resemble a '57 Ford in any other way.

The rest of the car is kind of '60-'66 -ish so why not

go with that theme and give it a more '60s-look side

trim/chrome treatment & save the sweep-spear for a

'57-retro Crown Vic.

Looks like a bathtub.

And fender skirts are nothing more than a tacky thing of the past. They're not coming back.

Not feeling it...looks kinda like a blue brick...too boxy and many elements of the fascia are just floating there...no integration to the rest of the car.

>>And fender skirts are nothing more than a tacky thing of the past. They're not coming back.<<

honduh slapped them on the insight. Maybe that's why it's dead even tho gas is $4 on average.... :duh:

>>And fender skirts are nothing more than a tacky thing of the past. They're not coming back.<<

honduh slapped them on the insight. Maybe that's why it's dead even tho gas is $4 on average.... :duh:

The Insight, while still mostly useless was 10X the car the Prius is.

The Insight, while still mostly useless was 10X the car the Prius is.

...& the Chevy VOLT, is gonna kick both of those "pretenders" straight to hell !!! :pokeowned:

But Hey !!!...if ya can't wait for the VOLT, go check out the TESLA !!!!.....oh yeah, an electric sports car !!!!

http://www.teslamotors.com/

:idhitit:

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

...& the Chevy VOLT, is gonna kick both of those "pretenders" straight to hell !!! :pokeowned:

But Hey !!!...if ya can't wait for the VOLT, go check out the TESLA !!!!.....oh yeah, an electric sports car !!!!

http://www.teslamotors.com/

:idhitit:

Yeah but the Tesla costs what, like 100k?

I think it is like 70,000 but hey c'mon...0-60 in 3.9 seconds, a total CF body, built upon a Lotus Elise frame, and ya don't hafta deal with George Bush & his crooks ever again !!!...it's a FU**** deal & a half at that price !!!...plus it LOOKS GREAT !!...def better lookin than the Elise !!!...Plug 'n Play Bro !!!

I think it is like 70,000 but hey c'mon...0-60 in 3.9 seconds, a total CF body, built upon a Lotus Elise frame, and ya don't hafta deal with George Bush & his crooks ever again !!!...it's a FU**** deal & a half at that price !!!...plus it LOOKS GREAT !!...def better lookin than the Elise !!!...Plug 'n Play Bro !!!

I think it's 109k. It definitely cool, but certainly is in a different league than the Volt will be. The Volt will be for average people to be able to afford, and that's what makes it so amazing.

I don't know what that has to do with my post, but as I was saying, fender skirts are dead. They're tacky, and unless Chrysler resurrects them (I wouldn't put it past them after they resurrected an entire design 30+ years after it debuted), I doubt they'll make a comeback.

IDK, fender skirts DO have an aerodynamic purpose,...so perhaps they do have a comeback chance.

DF, yeah, the Volt is amazing no doubt as a "family car" & if they do get a govt credit deal bringing the price down to 20 -25 k, they will sell a s**tload of those cars worldwide.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0