Sign in to follow this  
MRDETROITMETAL

Ford Galaxie 500 XL

14 posts in this topic

I've liked some of your more recent work... but not this so much. Hmm... constructive feedback...

- the silver stripe on the side looks flat, like it's just a big decal. Needs to be a body line, or it's gotta go, IMO.

- has kind of a generic, blobby look to it overall, needs more character lines

I can see you incorporated many retro touches, good

effort. Seems a litte awkward though with that sweep

spear since the car is so blocky and does not really

resemble a '57 Ford in any other way.

The rest of the car is kind of '60-'66 -ish so why not

go with that theme and give it a more '60s-look side

trim/chrome treatment & save the sweep-spear for a

'57-retro Crown Vic.

Looks like a bathtub.

And fender skirts are nothing more than a tacky thing of the past. They're not coming back.

Not feeling it...looks kinda like a blue brick...too boxy and many elements of the fascia are just floating there...no integration to the rest of the car.

>>And fender skirts are nothing more than a tacky thing of the past. They're not coming back.<<

honduh slapped them on the insight. Maybe that's why it's dead even tho gas is $4 on average.... :duh:

>>And fender skirts are nothing more than a tacky thing of the past. They're not coming back.<<

honduh slapped them on the insight. Maybe that's why it's dead even tho gas is $4 on average.... :duh:

The Insight, while still mostly useless was 10X the car the Prius is.

The Insight, while still mostly useless was 10X the car the Prius is.

...& the Chevy VOLT, is gonna kick both of those "pretenders" straight to hell !!! :pokeowned:

But Hey !!!...if ya can't wait for the VOLT, go check out the TESLA !!!!.....oh yeah, an electric sports car !!!!

http://www.teslamotors.com/

:idhitit:

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

I think it is like 70,000 but hey c'mon...0-60 in 3.9 seconds, a total CF body, built upon a Lotus Elise frame, and ya don't hafta deal with George Bush & his crooks ever again !!!...it's a FU**** deal & a half at that price !!!...plus it LOOKS GREAT !!...def better lookin than the Elise !!!...Plug 'n Play Bro !!!

I think it is like 70,000 but hey c'mon...0-60 in 3.9 seconds, a total CF body, built upon a Lotus Elise frame, and ya don't hafta deal with George Bush & his crooks ever again !!!...it's a FU**** deal & a half at that price !!!...plus it LOOKS GREAT !!...def better lookin than the Elise !!!...Plug 'n Play Bro !!!

I think it's 109k. It definitely cool, but certainly is in a different league than the Volt will be. The Volt will be for average people to be able to afford, and that's what makes it so amazing.

I don't know what that has to do with my post, but as I was saying, fender skirts are dead. They're tacky, and unless Chrysler resurrects them (I wouldn't put it past them after they resurrected an entire design 30+ years after it debuted), I doubt they'll make a comeback.

IDK, fender skirts DO have an aerodynamic purpose,...so perhaps they do have a comeback chance.

DF, yeah, the Volt is amazing no doubt as a "family car" & if they do get a govt credit deal bringing the price down to 20 -25 k, they will sell a s**tload of those cars worldwide.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this