Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cory Wolfe

Revised Fiero

21 posts in this topic

Finally!!!!!

Posted Image

As you can see, I finally finished my revised Fiero concept. Very little is shared with the original. The front was changed the least. The greenhouse was moved forward, ground effects added, side intake added, revised body lines, shortened rear, revised rear glass/hatch, new wheels, and it is now shaded. :D

Still, though, it is not what my ideal Fiero would look like. This is a little too exotic, but still makes an awesome Fiero. An Interior view is coming soon to accompany it....

Woa, thats pretty good. You put some time into that. I might like it (for a Pontiac lol). Can the front wheels go forward ? Long nose. Looks good. Like the headlights, brake vents, and the back is growin on me, full wheel wells, belt line is real nice, how we gettin at the motor ? Full tilt - right ? One of my favorite wheels. All nice touches.

you do spend an awful amount of time making your rims near perfect but the front twin port "grille" which I'm assuming is supposed to be honeycomb looks like crocodile leather or snake skin. Not wrking for me, looks awkward. As far as the sketch itself it's very good. The wheelbase is a bit long and I'd loose the rear spoiler on the decklid but other than that it looks great.

How we gettin at the motor? Full tilt - right?

I guess I probably should have put an explanation with it since there is alot of stuff no one would figure out just by looking at it.

The rear hatch/engine cover... Starts with the spoiler, follows the beltline, then above the quarter window until the line that goes across. At the top there is a flap. The hinges for the hatch are even with the flap. It is hinged seperately from the hatch, but opens with it. The flap houses the third brake light. It rises to show it when the engine is started. That's my idea. Don't know how well it would work, though... :unsure:

More... there are LED side markers under the lip on the side of the body in front of the front wheel well and behind the rear wheel well. My shading overtook them, however. Also, there is a targo roof to follow in the foot steps of the old T-Tops. Basically, as you could guess, is located between the windsheild and the rear hatch/flap.

but the front twin port "grille" which I'm assuming is supposed to be honeycomb looks like crocodile leather or snake skin. Not wrking for me, looks awkward.

Yes, that's my attempt at honeycomb. I do it on every Pontiac I draw. It's just a bunch of circles, basically... :P

Anyways, thanks for compliments, Razor and Sly.

This may sound crazy but I've always loved the 92-95 Grand Am twin ports... those have great honeycomb inserts. I remember going to a Pontiac dealer wiht my Dad in late 1991 and seeing a '92 GA GT for the first time. I was like Dad you HAVE to buy that!!!

Excellent except the edge in the center of windshield. The front grille somewhat reminds me Firehawk I did for a supercar comp here. Overall great job! What about drawing a Camaro for current GMI contest?

I really like it!

Only things I'd do differently are:

*Make the front a little more bulbous, like the Solstice...it looks too 80s/90s aero as of now.
*Lose the rear end droop. Look at the G6 concept for inspiration.

*Make the front a little more bulbous, like the Solstice...it looks too 80s/90s aero as of now.

Well, personally that's one of the things I dislike about the Solstice... I guess I could see it looking 80s/90s aero. My two favorite decades, design-wise.. :P

Yea, I stayed away from giving impression of the front, Ill just assume its a personal taste and one that keeps me slightly distant from Pontiac. I do prefer the new Solstice and G6 look to the old 90'sGA & shoot ! what was the little car called ? Im tired cant think. I really like the way this looks though VIps when I just put the very front off the screen. Maybe the point will work if you streamline the beak more like newer Pontiac ? Ah, Im a Buick Olds guy I just cant do a Pontiac front, I dont know how. mid/late 60's was nice, late 80's was nice and I like where their headed now.

Blah... would any of you mind an interior without a steering wheel? Something went wrong and I can't get one to look right so I'm gonna wing-it do without it. I'm going to try to color it...

I think the general concensous would say "Lets see what you got!" btw BV there was a old (but newer) fiero sitting by a historic building that was an old garage in my hometown for nearly two years. It was black almost grey (Fade). I was about to figure out who it belonged to and what condition it was actually in (idk how), when about 3 days ago it disappeard. :unsure: I was shocked. oh well, just thought id tell you of a fiero neglect story. hopefully it didnt get j***ed :blink: ... It had a really straight body. Then again it is probably fg, idk. Ill have to check the local j***yard this weekend.... hmmmmmmm :( oh and the sketch looks great. B) it reminds me of the acura (honda?) hsc concept. Edited by fuel_sipping

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0