Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

This sucks... car accident

Well a detective showed up at my door to inform me of an accident involving my Camaro and Kim was at the hospital. I have been through a lot, but i almost feel down from the shock. This was last night at dusk. Some guy ran a red light and t boned the camaro. Today, I'm at the hospital and just waiting. I really haven't been able to see her because she has been in and out of it all day and different procedures. I'm told theres some internal bleeding, but everything should be okay. Hopefully. :(:unsure:

What makes it worse is this guys insurance company keeps trying to ask me questions like the car f@#king matters at this point. I can careless about all the cars in the world right now. I know there a big corporation and she is trying to do her job but at least show respect.

Hopefully everything goes right. and how come time goes so slow in a waiting room.

Best of luck with Kim.

& do NOT say a F&^$#ng WORD to the insurance co.

NOT A WORD. Anything and everythiung you say will be used against YOU!

Unfortunate news, I'm sorry. Hopefully everything will be well her health and all of your wellbeing.

Concerning insurance, I completely agree with 68, that absolutely no discussion should take place with insurance right now, especially the insurance company of the other party.

Dude, Cap, I am so sorry....the drivers are so crazy around here..... :(

We will keep you and Kim in our prayers.....

I hope still gets better quickly. And I agree with the other guys on the insurance company....wait till after she is home and safe...screw em' if they don't inderstand.....

Let me know if I can help....

Thanks Guys!

I found out it happened on hall road near lakeside mall. I never liked hall road to fast paced. 50 mph on a 8 lane boulevard with stores and traffic lights every 5 feet. I was told rolling blackouts from the storm may have been a factor.

The officer that talked to me this morning said the impact was on the driver side door. the driver seat was crushed and rolled over the trans tunnel and into the passenger side. The dash is destroyed, the steering column ripped out of the firewall. Air bags didn't go off.

luckily i have been watching infomercials that keep me laughing. this one was about colon cleansing and this doctor was talking about his 7 years old daughters bowel movement.

Thanks Guys!

I found out it happened on hall road near lakeside mall. I never liked hall road to fast paced. 50 mph on a 8 lane boulevard with stores and traffic lights every 5 feet. I was told rolling blackouts from the storm may have been a factor.

The officer that talked to me this morning said the impact was on the driver side door. the driver seat was crushed and rolled over the trans tunnel and into the passenger side. The dash is destroyed, the steering column ripped out of the firewall. Air bags didn't go off.

luckily i have been watching infomercials that keep me laughing. this one was about colon cleansing and this doctor was talking about his 7 years old daughters bowel movement.

Oh, Hall Rd? No one ever slows down there... I myself had a near miss near Lakeside a few years back. Scares me beacuse people don't even look when they pull out....

We had blackouts around here too...It has made things crazy around here....

Yeah, I have to say those infomercials are quite funny...

Thanks every one! It means a lot.

Well I saw her today and I'm out of words. She is to drugged up to talk and make sense and they think there might be swelling of the brain. They stopped the internal bleeding. When I left tonight she was still in intensive care. I have seen people die and tents filled with hurt people and not even flinch but, I really cant handle this. The one person I love and come home for everyday is helpless and i can't do anything. Its a position i wish on no one.

I called my lawyer and he is taking care of everything. Apparently the camaro is at a collision shop being fixed? which i really don't care. and the guys auto insurance is only covering the parts of the medical bill where my insurance is covering the rest.

I just ordered a New laptop Dell XPS M1530 since my Toshiba is crapping out on me all the time in the waiting room. My guys at work sent me this sweet gift basket. And a bunch of soldiers and troopers I know stopped by today to help me out. My superior officer, 8 years ago when i retired from the special forces, I think he is a general now, came and talked to me today. That helped a lot. I looked up to this guy for many years and It shocked me he found out and made time for me. He reminded me of all the stuff i handled and to stay strong, but maybe i have become soft. I think Im slipping in to depression. I'm just speechless. sorry.

I will try to keep you guys up to date. Thanks again guys I need every prayer i can get even though I'm not that religious at times.

I understand how you feel. When my Mom had her accident 6 months ago, she wasn't even expected to last 48 hours. That's a hard pill to swallow. My Mom's accident happened back in December on the day of my parents wedding anniversary, we had christmas without her, and that sucked. There was no christmas spirit in our family. I went to see my Mom at the hospital on christmas eve the hardest thing I ever did was walk out of that hospital room that night and leave my Mom behind. The hospital was some 70 miles from the house, and I cried the eniter way home, when I heard a happy christmas song I almost ripped my radio out.

The happy ending is now, she is pretty much being back to normal, she can walk and drive and she is back at work.

My heart just breaks for you because I have been there and can relate to it.

Another long day...sigh

Her condition is getting worse. Doctors don't understand. I just dont know anymore.

Thanks guys!

Screaming Trees Im so glad that she is back to full health! Hearing that gives me hope. When I was driving today I lost it I became filled with rage and beat my dash. Its hard to control.

Keep us posted dude, I am sooo sad and angry about this...hell I don't know you personally and this thing has gotten me torn up.

Keep us posted for real.

Chris

Well Things are at a stalemate i guess. this will be her 6th night in Intensive Care. The Doctors don't know whats wrong, but I have all my faith in them. They have new ideas everyday and practice them.

One thing i have learned is that people do care for me. I always thought that people just dealt with me but after seeing the reactions of people that are around me it really changes my perspective on things. like Friday when i had to return to work to finish up the paper work and hand paychecks out. everyone was just quiet, Thats odd because it a blue collar shop and everyone usually is scream and talking about something, but When I walked in everything just dropped. It was awkward, but I knew it was because the guys cared, The owner then came up to me and said That he would cover my work and that i could leave. I guess its simple acts that mean the most.

I think I will get by though yesterday all i thought about was that it was my fault like why wasn't i there I should have been driving or something I could of done. We just need to take this day by day i guess. And thanks for your support. It truly means everything to me!

I think I will get by though yesterday all i thought about was that it was my fault like why wasn't i there I should have been driving or something I could of done. We just need to take this day by day i guess. And thanks for your support. It truly means everything to me!

No need to kick yourself over things that were completely out of your control; it just adds undue stress to an already incredibly stressful situation. Just focus on the good and concentrate on doing everything you can now as she recovers. Everything will turn out for you two; I know it will. Stay strong, bro.

Edited by XP715

well so far so good. She is still there but in a less critical area. The only thing the doctors haven't figured out is that there appears to be some clotting, but they are going to put screens in some how. But hopefully by next weekend she can come home. A therapist is coming out Monday to see if its possible for her to come home.

Edited by capriceman

• 4 months later...

Well On Monday she is getting some metal taken out of her leg. After a couple more stitches I guess Kimberly id going to be back to 100% :)

Edited by capriceman

prayers are with u and kim my man....i know what its like to have a loved one in the hospital and how unpredictable it can be....just hang in there and surround yourself with family and friends and keep your chin up...shes going to need you more than ever when she gets out

Fantastic. Great to hear. :)