Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

I saw...

AAS

Four people:

Larry King - at Nate 'n' Al's Deli in Beverly Hills - an institution for its deli-type food and large portions - took my cousin from Europe there - sheez, he's an ugly roach.

James Garner - in Westwood Village part of LA - I was in my early teens, so I was shorter then - he's very tall, about 6'-4"

Michael Dukakis - in LAX - he had lost the election a couple of years before - it was Thanksgiving weekend - he was in a running type outfit - the person seated next to me on one of the benches and I both looked at each other like "WTF" - it was definitely Dukakis and no security people around him

Stanley Tucci - at Newark airport - I was returning from Europe summer of '07 (from which I posted pictures) and changing planes on Continental. He's one of those Italians that looks more Jewish than Italian* - maybe that's why he's cast as one quite a bit. (* two ethnicities that are often interchangeable, my Dad used to get "hit on" by Jewish ladies in LA at the supermarket all the time)

I think there may be more... Edited by trinacriabob

QUOTE (Satty @ Mar 9 2009, 04:18 PM)
I saw a guy who looked exactly like Ludacris. I assume it wasn't Luda since he was driving a rusty, late-80's Accord through Springfield during rush hour.

Who knows....as seen on the Simpsons, it seems a lot of big stars spend time in Springfield...maybe the Accord is his down low transport, keeping a low profile. smile.gif

QUOTE (Pontiac Custom-S @ Mar 9 2009, 04:07 PM)
Only with those Southern Italians Bobby Boy ...

Northern Italians on the other hand (che bella) ... smilewide.gif

Yeah, but your Italian 1/2 is Southern Italian...and your German side is hardly a dominant gene. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Pontiac Custom-S @ Mar 9 2009, 06:01 PM)
I'm German on the inside (makes me smart), Italian on the outside (makes me handsome) ... neenerneener.gif

- I'm smart and I'm not German - you mean that Teutonic belief in superiority hasn't abated?
- handsome? with that monobrow?
Nothing but love, PCS, nothing but love...

QUOTE (Croc @ Mar 10 2009, 10:05 AM)
OK, Carla...

Who's Carla?
(I can't hold a candle to you for pop culture) laugh.gif
I hear this phrase at work to describe people who are (in reality) disliked.
But wait, PCS is ok. Unique, that's for sure.

QUOTE (trinacriabob @ Mar 10 2009, 01:55 PM)
Who's Carla?
(I can't hold a candle to you for pop culture) laugh.gif
I hear this phrase at work to describe people who are (in reality) disliked.
But wait, PCS is ok. Unique, that's for sure.

You should watch Top Chef. That was Carla's catchphrase from the NY season that just ended.

• 3 weeks later...
I didn't see him, but my sister just called from the Sacramento airport where she saw and chatted briefly with Robert Redford at the airport bar...she's been a fan for 40 years, so it was a cool thing for her.

Big Boi from Outkast. Drove his 'roller', a 300 Hemi with not-too-bad looking DUBs, into a BP station off of Cotillion Road in Dunwoody, Ga to fill-up. His female companion (damned longest legs I'd seen in a while) got the gas and Big Boi went inside, following me as I held the door, and scooted toward the cooler for some Red Bull. The people behind the counter seemed plenty familiar with him and it wasn't until he turned to pick up a pack of gum that I recognized him from the video back in '03 for "The Way You Move". I told him nonchalantly that I had willfully confused him w/Sleepy Brown in the video. He said my 'accent' was 'foreign' or words to that effect and said "Didja like that video?". "Yeah", I said. "The 'man-whore' part where every outlet that played the song edited that naughty word out". This was on Thursday August 25, 2005. About 4 days before Katrina tried to dissolve New Orleans.

We went outside into the humidity and heat of that prototypical-Georgian summer's day. I was on my way to work. I admired his car and his leggy friend was lightly leaning against the passenger rear fender of my GMC Sierra Denali which was parked at the pump on the same side as his Chrysler. Her lipstick and nail polish matched her crimson stilettos and brief introductions were exchanged. I shook his hand and when I took her hand in mine I was struck at how cool and thin it was. Not weak but very delicate as the dainty hand of a porcelain figurine. 'F*ck'; I thought to myself. She was tall, very lithe and comely. 'I'm in the wrong line of work'; thought I. So then Big Boi mentions my truck. "Those back wheels turn?". "Yep"; I said, "4 wheel steering takes about a week to become accustomed to the effect and then it's pretty sweet". His lady-friend stepped lightly to stand almost between us and said that she liked the depth in the black paint. Rhonda was her name. I weakly thought that I might plaintively ask her to help me..
...I always allowed plenty of extra time to get to work and do sight-seeing. I remember thinking clearly that I was about to be asked if I would take them for a spin in my truck. I was giddily nervous yet eerily in control outwardly. I didn't want 'em to think that I felt overwhelmed by them but I guess I was. I was thinking that I'd buy a magic-marker and ask them both to sign my leather seats. Then, 'Boi's cell rang. Some casual chatting ensued and while Big Boi was talking on his cell, Rhonda's got her leg up on the tubular step of my truck and is unwittingly providing me with enough X-rated footage, stored-in-memory, for the rest of my days. I kept thinking, 'I'm about to run off and become a roadie for Outkast'. A previously un-thought of fantasy of mine...

...Big Boi gets off the phone and starts off toward the Chrysler and Rhonda twigs to the idea that departure is at hand. She passes me while lightly brushing against my right thigh, saying "So long sugar". I thought my leg had been seared by the fires of hell. My throat felt dry. The moment was over and she got in the 'roller' and thunked the door solidly closed. Big Boi put the car in gear and maneuvered around my truck and headed-off toward Cotillion Road while I stood next to my truck just taking it all in.

*uses last kleenex to clean up the area not because of the chick per se but because of longtooth's writing hey mr longtooth how does it feel to have such an effect on a dude when he's reading your entry for penthouse forum?*