Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Who sets up the member types around here?

So, I'm an "I Have No Life Member"? What the hell is that? It seems to me it doesn't encourage ppl to post much if that's the reward for sticking around this joint. Now, if it were edited down to, say "Life Member", it might be seen as a positive thing to continue to contribute to the site.

I think Fly made that up a while ago. Is it really that big of a deal? If it is, I can change it...

Sal - you can PM me or any of the other admins. (z28luvr01, Camino LS6, CSpec, VenSeattle, and there are more if you go to the bottom of the forums page and click the link.

Hmm... let me see if I can figure these out in order, 'cause I always wonder about the "level up" process myself.

Stock = new

Redline = 100

Super Sport = 250

GXP = 500

OSV = 1,000 (guess)

Denali = 2,500 (guess)

Ultra = 5,000 (guess)

V-Series = 7,500 (guess)

Too Much Time = ?

I Have No Life = ?

... is that right?

Admins, what are the actual post thresholds for each level?

Edited by Lamar

I think OB should get to make his own custom member type like the admins do for all his years of faithful posting around here if he doesn't like the title he's got. Personally, I think the standard title is funny, but to each his own.

I've got a slightly less insulting title.... (too much time member) so I see O.B.s point.

I'd like to be "V16 Member" or better yet "Firing on all sixteen cylinders member"

Edited by Sixty8panther

So, I'm an "I Have No Life Member"? What the hell is that? It seems to me it doesn't encourage ppl to post much if that's the reward for sticking around this joint. Now, if it were edited down to, say "Life Member", it might be seen as a positive thing to continue to contribute to the site.

Sorry about that, Ocn.

I think that you are an unwitting victim of Fly's humor. I guess he set that up as a sort of "time bomb" when he set up the titles. I don't think any of the current staff knew anything about it (I sure didn't). I'll make sure we get it changed for you.

If I recall correctly, at a certain point a member qualifies for a custom title.

I think you've reached that point.

However, you don't get to choose it yourself... :AH-HA_wink:

How about ME?

I'd like a V16 or B-59 themed member title PLEEZ. :smilewide:

Swweet, think I can make 548 posts in one day? :P

Fellow FWD-G-body member.... you got special treatment. :lol:

Me, my member title is pretty boring, but I do like that I have my own member group. *nods*

I think your title should be "C&G's Resident Mo".

ha ha HAH... I just now realized the"boldest" in my shiny new title refers to my font... not my attitude.:lol:

You just realized that now? Uh... let's hope they don't change your title again based on that delayed reaction... :AH-HA_wink: