People From C&G You Want To Meet

Guest Josh

Basically, post here who from C&G you'd like to meet AND WHY. (If there's no WHY, it will be deleted :P ) I'll give my responses tomorrow. You can chose as many as you want, etc. Just give a reason why. It can be anybody. Previous, present, etc. You get the idea. Anybody on C&G that has posted that you want to meet post about it.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't mind meeting up at the LAIAS with my fellow SoCal members...why? Because Cali people are cool. I'll add Fly to the list...because he's funny as hell. Northie seems pretty cool, and Scott's pretty cool (where is he?) even though he's going to the east coast for college evok's the crap, need i say more? TED seems pretty cool as well. Satty seems dece as well, as does FOG. Honestly, I wouldn't mind meeting most of the people on here, if only once. Only a few exceptions, too (cough *adsd* cough)

Those who are around my age for the most part... NOS, Mute, Nick, Bimmer, and a few others. All because I think they're cool... someone I'd like to hang out with. That and I'm more comfortable with those around my age. But specifically... Bimmer, because I want his maturity to rub off on me while checking out his IS. NOS, because I want to race his Camaro. Nick, because I want a ride in his Bimmer while asking to borrow some money. Mute, because I want to laugh at his Blood Red van of Doom and punch him for being hot... :lol: :P j/p I'll make a serious post with more later... Edited by blackviper8891

I want to meet everyone....68, BV, NOS, Croc, Satty, Bimmer, (I'm not gonna go through everybody so if I left you out don't feel too bad...it doesn't mean anything)...I just want to meet up with everybody...see everyone from the forums, meet everyone face to face...

I would want to meet AH-HA, Evok, and Hogan's Heroes for their insiders knowledge and high intelligence. I would want to meet Mule and Wildcat because I think I would get along with them pretty well. They like the same kind of cars I do and seem to be the most like me around here.

Seems many of the more recent things I've posted or have said have not been perceived as "fair."

This is all for fun, no offense should be taken a tall. There are certain reasons why we'd like to meet certain people. That doesn't mean we wouldnt want to meet others.

Technicalities on everything.

I would want to meet AH-HA, Evok, and Hogan's Heroes for their insiders knowledge and high intelligence.

I would want to meet Mule and Wildcat because I think I would get along with them pretty well.  They like the same kind of cars I do and seem to be the most like me around here.

[post="34416"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I'd like to meet ehaase because he's a Christian and likes bigger American cars but knows his stuff, the insiders (also thegriffon), Blackviper-to see what he's really like, Ninety-Eight, everybody-what am I saying? Meeting everybody would be awesome or anyone! I used to talk to one guy who was on the old boards-haven't heard from him in a while, and Cadillacfan85, who lives in the next major city to mine. Edited by Mule Bakersdozen LS

Here goes a list...
  • Staceface! She's awesome as hell and practically our only lady.
  • Sixty8: because of our many similarities. I'd love to see his cars and bring mine to him.
  • Fly, Satty: These two are funny as hell. I could sit there all day listening to them go back and forth w/ each other lol
  • oblu, Chief, Plum: Very outgoing guys with a good personality. They're very knowledgeable and would probably lead to a great convo.
  • Nick, BV, Northie, CS, mute, Bimmer: They're my punkass teenage boizz. haha We'd be like Terror Squad or something if we got together.
  • ehaase, evok, thegriffon, AH-HA: Very insightful and intelligent. And they know what's going on around w/ the industry. That would make for a long, amazing convo.
  • z28luvr, camino, turbojett, Croc, crispey, FOG, Ted, Ven: All passionate about the industry and they're all great people.
And I guarantee I left off some dudes.. Edited by NOS2006

Pretty much everyone. Believe it or not when I'm not discussing more FWD GM products that are supposed ot save the day I get along with all kinds of car enthusiasts. I often times talk to guys with rides I'd never touch wiht a ten foot pole. There's something abotu car nuts that transcends the car's mechanicals and country of manufacture. Just because I think it's a waste of time to build a 12 second FWD Honda does not mean I don;t check them out at the dragway and see what makes them tick. That being said I think I'd have a good tie hanging out wiht a lot of the enthusiasts here. These select few come to mind in particular. Balthazar: C'mon now the guy has several awsome classics that's reason enough, add to that he's a fountain of knowledge and on top of that he wons a 1959 Buick. The guy is cooler than Fonzie. LordStafford: All around cool guy, now the owner of a Lincoln MarkVIII. We see eye to eye on the BOF/RWD/pushrod argument. I know we'd have a cool time crusin in the CoupeDeVille or Mark8 and peeking in people's back yards at '70 Impalas and '68 Cadillacs. OcnBlu: Always makes the funniest damn comments. I think he's like my buddy Ross... always has something wacked out/funny/shockingly histerical to say. NOS: Fellow Camaro guy, loves 'Merican Muscle as much as I do. WMJ: Pack rats always get along wiht other Pack Rats. Besides this guy also likes obscure and weird cars. Nick: GM and BMW enthusiast. Nuf said. Plus I'd love to go race him down Mulhollands Drive with my Camaro once the brakes are adequate enough. And for what's its' worth I say bring back the bouncin' boobs!!! Censorship sucks! Razor: I've never met a Buick & Olds fan I didn't like. I'm frineds wiht several. Harley Earl: Gotta love the trivia and the friendly reminders about GMs glory days. Eh? Mustang84: Yes he's into Mustangs, he's into a lot of cool American cars. Even though he drives a FWD Lumina his heart's in the right place. *J/K* GT1750: Now this guy's an artist! Wow. Plus he's Czech. Crispey: Still love those retro Camaros. I printed out both of them and showed a few friends. You should be working for GM! And all the rest like Josh & Northstar and even Fly & BlackViper I'd like to meet. Satty seems like a little smartass but I'd give him a chance. :P I'm sure I left a few of you out, don;t get offended please. EDIT: see what I mean... I left out Camino, FoG, Z28lvr, Ted, Moltar, Bimmer, Mute... Edited by Sixty8panther

[*]ehaase, evok, thegriffon, AH-HA: Very insightful and intelligent. And they know what's going on around w/ the industry. That would make for a long, amazing convo.

[post="34491"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Thanks, but I don't belong in that group. I just read the message boards and the car magazines and speculate like everyone else. I don't have a clue what GM is planning after the 2007 model year. Edited by ehaase

I'm just going to put down the two top of the list ones: VenSeattle: For heavens sake...we live 15 miles apart and haven't yet talked in person. Fly.....just so I could get some specific angle shots for Gary Coleman comparisson... :P

Okay dudes and dudettes... Here's a serious list... NOS: He's cool... and our personalities are wired in similar ways, although our likes and dislikes are bit different. He likes to pop his collar, for christ's sake! He's also easy to joke around with. All that and I want to his riced "Series III" Camaro. And race it! lol Bimmer: He's very muture and he's an open-minded car enthusiast. He's easy to get along with. He's intelligent too... And ofcourse I want to see his IS. I love those things... it's been over a year since I first and last drove one. Nick: He's a nice guy and likes un-Bangled Bimmers as well as GMs. We're similar in some ways... like our self esteem, lol. Anyways, I want to see this BMW of his and see what he thinks of Pennsylvanian roads. Mute: He's from Brookeville!!! I'm from Brookville!!! Lol... different states, though. He's cool and critical. I mean, he has a Blood Red van of Doom! Which I must laugh at... Although he'll be laughing and mocking later in the night, if you know what I mean. I must punch him for that too... lol. Sixty8: He's almost the complete opposite of me, but no matter how much he pisses me off, I can't find it in me to hate him. Just argue with him... But he's a true GM fanatic and all around car guy, even if he despises FWD and Honda. I'd like to see his Camaro and one of his wild burnouts. That way he could laugh at my GA and my pitiful excuse for a burnout. Ocnblu: He's very helpful, very nice, and very very funny. He also happens to live in the same state as me and is about the same height as me. I'd like to just have a good long talk with him... and then test drive some Pontiacs. Chief: What more can I say? He's extremely funny and an all around good guy. Camino: He's from PA (Firehawk) and a great guy (Firehawk). He's a true car (Firehawk) guy. He's great... (Firehawk) (Firehawk) (Firehawk) (Firehawk) He even owns a (Firehawk) new GTO. How cool (Firehawk)! Croc: He's a good guy. Very open-minded and nice. Not always easy to get along with, but he's been cool lately. Josh: He, too, is a good guy. He's nice and usually considerate. He also likes to party... I'd like to get some pointers off of him. It'd be just for women (probably older), but that's more than what I have now. Which is nothing if you couldn't figure it out. Did I forget anything? ...SOLSTICE!!! He's getting a SOLSTICE!!! I'd like a ride in his SOLSTICE!!! Satty: He's Satty-licious, lol. He's super hilarious and serious. He can be an ass sometimes, though... but so can I, damnit. I want to see if he'd give me a free pizza, too. Flybrian: He's a funny bastard. I mean the bastard part, literally. He makes alot of Fiero jokes. So, in return, I want to spray 'Gary Coleman' all over his Aurora. I hope we meet soon... lol. Caprice SS: He's the poll king. Was, anyways. He also likes Puddle of Mudd, the band... not that thing in my driveway. He's good B-body loving guy. Chris: He's a sensible guy and gives great advice. He's also a car-guy that's fun to talk to. I would like to see his Prelude, too. I like them and his is a stellar example. I'd also like to talk about Fieros with him... FOG: He's just like me in many ways. Into real rock and doesn't take any BS from anyone. He gives the media what it deserves. Alpha: He's another funny one. He's easy to get along with and fun to talk to. ***I'm sure there are more, but my fingers are starting to hurt...

#1 on my list is turbie because... Damn, why does there have to be a reason listed? Other than the fact I think he's cool, he looks pretty damn fine, too. Now that I'm done embarrassing myself and being superficial... Edited by sciguy_0504

I guess I'm not that memorable to you guys, but I'll live.... I will say I'm all for that big meet-up in January with the SoCals when the L.A. show happens. My tradition is to go on the first Saturday of the show, though that logic is becoming increasingly flawed, with so much being saved for later in the show's run to coincide with the Detroit debut. So as long as it ain't the last Sunday, whatever day we agree on, I'm all for it. So what's up with it? I'm afraid, however, that I'll be the elder statesman of you all...

What's wrong with the last Sunday?  Honestly, that's prolly going to be my best bet.  Do we have LAIAS dates?  I need that info before I can commit.

[post="34733"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I should be ok with either weekend.

LA: how "elder" are you?

What's wrong with the last Sunday?  Honestly, that's prolly going to be my best bet.  Do we have LAIAS dates?  I need that info before I can commit.

[post="34733"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The last Sunday tends to be ugly packed....every day before then, it's much easier to make moves thru the Convention Center.

The LA Auto Show dates tend to be the first Saturday thru the second Sunday in January. It might begin the first Friday this year, I don't know.

And to AAS, I ain't that old, but the lot of the SoCals seem to be teens or something.

well im flattered of course that i made it on to so many lists (meaning any at all) and that i received some nice comments( BV i will knock you on your ass if you try to punch me lol) but to tell the truth im not keen on meeting anybody.............you all spend soo much time on this site i dont think any of you shower but for sho.........everyone almost.........

I'd like to also meet Mr. Doane so he can teach me some tricks of the trade..

[post="34778"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Oh its a piece of cake. I just carry a portable duck blind and a prototype call. :)

(bonus points for anyone who knows what a prototype call sounds like) Edited by CD/BP

I'd like to meet prety much everyone on here.... very interesting bunch..... Wouldn't mind meeting up with Sixty8, BlackViper, and other diy'ers in this forum so we can share some knowledge and prolly help eachother diy projects.... (too bad we all live like 800 miles apart or something) Harley earl, Croc, probably be able to shoot an interesting conversation....... I don't post enough on C & G for you guys to realy be able to know me..... (used to be Dans900 before C & G's down time) All in all, most of you guys are all big car buff's like me and would all be interesting to meet! (GM car buffs realy)

well im flattered of course that i made it on to so many lists (meaning any at all) and that i received some nice comments( BV i will knock you on your ass if you try to punch me lol) but to tell the truth im not keen on meeting anybody.............you all spend soo much time on this site i dont think any of you shower

[post="34763"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I think BVs just waiting to shower until he can do it with you http://www.cheersandgears.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/AH-HA_wink.gif

[post="34772"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

i think that my gf and i would prolly kill him slowly if he tried lol

[post="34786"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Uh... wow... :lol:

Okay, first off, what I dream about doing and what I actually will do are quite different. Second, I'm sure Mute's girl could join in, right? I'd love that... and third, you guys are bastards. Why would I ever do such a thing? Come on... I'm the most shy person you'll every meet and unless I told you, you'd never guess what my sexuality was. I usually hide it quite well, but being bi, it's easy. So, the chances of any of that happening are slim to none, even if Mute was willing. Duh... :rolleyes: :D

And FYI, I shower regularly thank you very much and you probably would knock me on my ass. I'm 5'6" and you're how tall again? Like 6-something? :P

Also I could take 8 comfortable in my caprice with 5 more in the trunk and we can steal my dads GM tag and drive around the GM Tech Center. Especial the RED BRICK BUILDING or DESIGN. Or have a beer at the GM Renosonce Center in detroit and look at canada in the restarant at the top. Or just sit in front of fords head quaters and hand out GM car posters. lol also BV in that pic you look like on of those "Rebel teens" are you?¿?

I say we all meet at Josh's place.  I call dibs on the sofa.

[post="34858"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

lets bum rush his work and ask for josh and say he said any one on C&G gets a free phone plan and that new samsung blade thing lol.

If not i Call the Lazy Boy. So Josh What street in Roseville Near Gratiot?¿?¿?

yah BV dude im just messing like you were about punching me and my gf getting in on our secret late night action in the shower...shhhhhh and i think you guys have it alll wrong....a caprice is nice but ya got to get an old lincoln and drive it till it dies, thats the way you take a road trip cuz if ya did that with a chevy youd never stop driving hah and im still worried about that whole cleanliness cuz noone but BV has even tried to defend himself

:D Croc, Mute... I know ya'll were just messing. I just had to be... me.

and my gf getting in on our secret late night action in the shower...shhhhhh

Damnit... why must you torture me?!?!? So tempting... Jeesh.. All of this never would have happened in the first place if you hadn't posted pics of yourself... bastard. :P Edited by blackviper8891