People From C&G You Want To Meet

Guest Josh

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LA: Sure.... in any case a sick inline6. How about a motor out of a totaled last gen. BMW M3. I don't know I love mix and matching stuff... like the guy wiht the VW Golf Mk2, he stuffed a Northstar between the fenders. Or that nutcase with the Lexus DOHC V8 in a '34 Ford. As far as Cheif you know he's a cool guy. I'd just be afraid of him crushing my hand during the handshake. I'm a fan of the real manly firm handshake upon meetig someone, but this dude is like a Seqoia tree. :o :) Edited by Sixty8panther

yo i just met Sixty8 today in NH at a demolition race he was in. i was in the area so i pm'd him and we met up it was pretty fn cool. ocnblu! i didnt know you lived in Lancaster!!! where abouts do you live? my dumb ex girl friend is from Narvon...so i kinda know the area. let me know...maybe you, my girl friend and i could meet up! later all

I didn't really answer before, but I'd like to meet just about anyone from here.

Thanks for the mentions, too!

[post="36204"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Same as above. :P
(If your in Toronto, I can be found at dealerships at night checking out the new arrivals.)

Sounds cool man. Philly's about an hour, hour and a half away from me.

What do you think about meeting up for the Philly Auto Show? It's January or February, I'll have to check the dates.
Edited by ocnblu

My list-- Ted, NOS, Nick, BV- Mah homies. Chief, Josh, Knightfan, Satty, Walt, Croc, Aaaantoine, FOG, Northie, Fly, budman- just cuz they're cool and I somewhat look up to them. I'm sure there's others i left out of this category. Plum, GT1750, Crispey, Sixty8-- swap artistry techniques. Ted and BV also belong in this category I think. thegriffon, Ah-ha and Evok-- for obvious reasons that everyone else has already mentioned. Z26luvr-- cuz he put me on his list and he's got a cobalt. :D Dsuupr and Yellow Dart, too. The four of us can get together and have a "C&G Cobie Club" meet. and even though he left, i'd still like to meet chrominium. I'll give him a chrome bumper as a present. :lol: Edited by Turbojett

Just passin' through this time.

*rolls eyes*

I had a feeling this was the case ... arg! Will you have a cell phone with you on the trip? If so, PM me your cell # ... if I have a moment on Friday, I'll call you...maybe we can work something out anyway, as the workplace is just minutes from I-90.....

deft,

What route will you be taking?

yo i just met Sixty8 today in NH at a demolition race he was in. i was in the area so i pm'd him and we met up it was pretty fn cool.

[post="36554"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yup, that was awsome... what are the chances that you'd be in New Hampshire the DAY of the race. Twilight Zone in a cool way.

I'm so pissed we didnt' shoot a real quick photo of the thre opf us next to the CoupeDeville in the parking lot. Stupid, Stupid... shoulda, coulda, woulda. :(

I'll just have to drive down to Penn sometime soon and meet up wiht all you PA C&Gers. Yes, even you BlackViper as long as you don't buy a Honda. J/K. :AH-HA_wink:

And yes, it was cool meeting up with BBL and BatmanV-dub. Edited by Sixty8panther

Kia? Ummm... let's ont go there... now a 1997 Mistubishi Eclipse GSX would be a neat ride.

I'll be heading south mostly, going through the midwest states. Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas and Oklahoma.

Ah...so not coming through Illinois at all, eh?

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker
MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html
"I missed a million miles of fun" ... Len ... 'Steal My Sunshine'

hey i got an eclipse 2000 gt for sale!

[post="38028"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

How come you never mentioned it when you were up here? Is it yours? Stick?

That's awesome Cort!!! He's an awesome guy from the short conversation I've had with him. So far from the site I've met NOS, I've met Cort and that's about it as far as members go. I made it a point to meet Cort when he was here in Detroit a few short months ago. We had lunch together right across from one of the many entrances to the GM Tech Center in Warren, MI. Always a pleasure Cort. I hope we can become a community of many friends and enthusiasts and become the "ultimate" car club.

That certainly would be nice ... becoming a fine example of the "ultimate" car club ... but we have to have a large gathering first ;). I'm glad I got to meet Josh while I was in Detroit in August ... and now OldsGuy when he drove back to Detroit last Friday. *shrugs* I've always said it is awesome to meet members...he he he.

My pleasure. As I said, it made the trip a little less boring to spend some time chatting over lunch. And, Josh, yeah we've chatted a few times and I met you in person at your place of employment. Always fun. So far that's it for me. Josh & Cort. Maybe more at NAIAS this year.

Ah...so not coming through Illinois at all, eh?
Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker
MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html
"I missed a million miles of fun" ... Len ... 'Steal My Sunshine'

[post="38049"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Depends on how close you are to the border. I could make a small detour.

I'd certainly go if it weren't for such a busy holiday season for retail. I did forget one person. I've also met "crispey2k" Chris Pauwels as well as a certain "insider" here on the site that will remain nameless. I'd like to get some kind of orginization together for a C&G meet...an "official C&G meet" for this years NAIAS since it seems many people will be here. That would be good times.

Well so far I'm going to meet up wiht GM1, Ocnblu & Balthazar on Friday which should make for a busy day since they do not live in the same neighborhood but heck it'll be worht it! Anyone else game? In the morning to mid day I'll meet up wiht GM1 in Glenolden PA, then in the afternoon I'll meet up wiht Blathazar in centeral New Jersey somewhere and later that night I'll be meeting up wiht Ocnblu in Lancaster, PA. Anyone in the are at those times?

Bummer, KF you KNOW I'd meet up with you if I could. Maybe if I win a scratch ticket on the way for like $40,000 I'll buy a Laptop, go on eBay and find an excuse to drive to Illinois. You know like a '69 Camaro or '58 Coronet that is for sale down the street from you. :D

Okay, I'm finally addressing this post! :)

Thanks BV for the okay, cause if I was around I think it'd be fun to teach ya a new trick or two ;)

Z28 and aaaantoine, we should meet some time. I need Z28's help to get my Century pimped into an STS somehow LOL

Okay... let's see if I can do this:

Nick cause he's a really nice guy, drives a Bimmer, fucking adorable (sorry man, you are), and kinda knows what I'm going through and has beaten the misery!

ocnblu cause I want to see if he's really that funny in person LOL I just have a feeling our senses of humor would mesh perfectly and we could have everyone in a room in tears. Either by bad jokes or some really good ones lol

CD/BP cause I have such a difficult time keeping a secret--I'd love him to show me a picture of something and then just say, "Now don't tell anyone!"

Sixty8 and Sofia cause both are cute in different ways. Sixty8 has some awesome posts and he told me I could drive the Deville if I went up north B)

LordStafford who isn't on the new C&G and I miss! He was my friend who still appreciated a nice large, floaty ride. Now I hear he has a MarkVIII? I LOVED THAT CAR!

Venseattle cause I think I'd love to finally get it through my head that he's not middle aged, he's young. I don't know why I can't seem to remember that.

Cananopie cause I'd need him to scream his name at me so I would stop reading it as "canopy".

Northstar cause he has a really cool avatar that just makes me want to take out a mortgage and get an XLR-V

Mike the Canadian cause he's obsessed with Buicks and that's the way it should be!

Wildcat cause he could teach me a lot about the history of Buicks. My car history only extends back to about the late 80's early 90's.

staceface cause she is JUST SO DAMN SWEET! But a closet-bitch (I'm not calling you one, I just have this feeling that if push came to shove, you'd knock me out on my ass! LOL!)

Satty cause he's a nutjob.

Flybrian cause he's an awesome moderator, has an Aurora, and is just an all around nice guy.

FOG cause he would hurt anyone physically if they ever said anything negative about GM.

I'm sure there are tons more, but man, it's Saturday night. I am not going to spend another minute doing this when I could be doin' something like drinking and getting laid!

Which border are we talking?  WI/IL or IL/IA?

I'm, actually, not all that close to either border ... BUT...let's see what we can arrange, alright?

[post="41195"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

OK, well i'm gonna be leaving this coming saturday. Probably be in Iowa around the evening hours 5-6? maybe earlier