People From C&G You Want To Meet

Guest Josh

Okay....I know....TMI....BUT it was really wierd to get them 'cause I never had them before....

....and it was freaky!

(I was SO embarrassed buying the lice medicine at Sav-On Drugs....)

[snapback]174918[/snapback]

Forgive my ignorance (never having had them myself), but are they the same critters as head lice? I had head lice as a kid, it went through my school like wildfire, and those things were creepy. Nasty little buggers that looked like walking dandruff. I had to do the tar shampoo and fine tooth comb thing-nasty.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgive my ignorance (never having had them myself), but are they the same critters as head lice? I had head lice as a kid, it went through my school like wildfire, and those things were creepy. Nasty little buggers that looked like walking dandruff. I had to do the tar shampoo and fine tooth comb thing-nasty.

[snapback]174949[/snapback]

Very similar.....

I had them in my crotch hair and the hair on my stomach.....

It itches....and when you scratch, and they come out, they look like very tiny little crabs....

I had one on my finger and could see it moving around and shit....it FREAKED me out....

They are pretty easy to take care of.....you just get that lice stuff and wash your pubes/hair with it....and wash your sheets....and that pretty much does it.

I trimmed/shaved all my body hair too....just to be careful.

(GOD I can't believe I'm throwing all this out there on C&G.......)

:blink:

BUT I can say that IS the only STD I've EVER had.....ONE (and only one) case of crabs....

<knocking on my wooden desk>

OK, getting off the subject of crabs, I'd like to meet quite a few people on the board but at the top of my list would be: - the Californians on the board - the Floridians on the board - all the WOPs on the board - the Toronto folks on the board - any architect* or architecture student on the board - anybody on the board who speaks Italian, Spanish or Portuguese though there are other individuals who don't fit into this list... * that could be scary, I'd have to meet Reg :unsure: - j/k Reg, you're my buddy...perverted and all.

OK, getting off the subject of crabs, I'd like to meet quite a few people on the board but at the top of my list would be:

-  the Californians on the board
-  the Floridians on the board
-  all the WOPs on the board
-  the Toronto folks on the board
-  any architect* or architecture student on the board
-

I used to live in Florida, work in California, and my job title is 'Software Architect' but I suspect you mean people that architect 3-dimensional solid objects rather than computer code.. :)

Id like to meet everyone especially my adversaries because I know for a fact that I am not what everyone pictures me as. I guess there is only a handful I have much in common with however. Until then Ill just have to continue hanging out with my own friends............all one of them........... :lol:

I used to live in Florida, work in California, and my job title is 'Software Architect' but I suspect you mean people that architect 3-dimensional solid objects rather than computer code.. :)

[snapback]175039[/snapback]

Very funny. Hahaha. Actually, you, razoredge and a couple of others are people I would want to meet that don't fit into the list. The list was sort of an overall "broadbrush."

I say we arrange a C&G NAIAS '09 meeting.  Lets be realistic, if we make reservations for hotels 2.5 years in advance, get plane tickets and all that now, by the time it rolls around its like a free vacation!

[snapback]174805[/snapback]

I'll be there! haha

I don't murder people with an axe, however I have killed many pieces of pine and hickory with an axe, so does that make me an axe murdered?

[snapback]174766[/snapback]

No, 'cause I'm guilty of doing the same thing to oak and maple.

OK, getting off the subject of crabs, I'd like to meet quite a few people on the board but at the top of my list would be:

the Californians on the board
-  the Floridians on the board
all the WOPs on the board
-  the Toronto folks on the board
-  any architect* or architecture student on the board
-  anybody on the board who speaks Italian, Spanish or Portuguese

though there are other individuals who don't fit into this list...

* that could be scary, I'd have to meet Reg  :unsure:  - j/k Reg, you're my buddy...perverted and all.

[snapback]175036[/snapback]

:wavey:

and we semi-Italian-Californians prefer the term greencardally challenged. or dago. that works too.

• 8 months later...

This was quite a scary little thread! The more I read, the more afraid I became! :smilewide:

So, who's up for a GTO get-together at PCS's house? 8)

Sunday, SUNDAY, SUNDAY! Come to the outskirts of Wilmington, DE to see the match race of the decade! Two Ponchos, mano e mano... Camino's GTO v. Custom-S' GXP! Place your bets and come to watch this thrilling spectacle! :AH-HA_wink:

I will be at the Nextel Cup race in Richmond on May 5. Although I don't think that there are many NASCAR fans here, just the haters who will probably call me a stupid, drunk, redneck, or something to that effect. I digress. Let's not turn this into a NASCAR thread. However on the off chance that anyone from C&G is going to be at the NNCS race in Richmond on May 5, let me know if you would like to meet up. Edited by Screaming Trees

Reminder numero dos... Anyone nearby is again welcome to meet up at this year's Laurel Festival car show in Brookville. It's the third week of June, I think, but may be the second. Either way, it's on a Sunday, the 17th or the 24th.

Yo, BV, have you and "the ocn" (as in "the Donald") ever met, as you live so darn close to each other? Or, for that matter, have you met any of the other Pennsylvanians on here?

Pennsylvania's a pretty big state. I think I went on Mapquest once and found it would take like 4 hours for me to get to Brookville... not quite a daytrip. One of these days. Viper, you could come down to Carlisle next weekend for the Spring Swap Meet.

It's about 3.5 hours from Brookville to Carlisle (Thanks, Google Maps), though, with the way BV drives, probably could shave about an hour off that. I'm going to be there Friday parts-hunting with my dad and his friend. I don't think I'll have the time to meet anyone, since we're doing it in one day and it's about a five hour drive for me, but I do intend to be at the All-GM Nats with or without companions, and possibly the Corvette show in August. I want to stay overnight for both of those, so clear your schedules :D

Pennsylvania's a pretty big state. I think I went on Mapquest once and found it would take like 4 hours for me to get to Brookville... not quite a daytrip. One of these days. Viper, you could come down to Carlisle next weekend for the Spring Swap Meet.

Yes, it's the same vice versa. Plus, Lancaster is confusing to someone used to a small town.. And all those Amish, my, those Amish. :P

Anyways, the closest I've came to meeting someone has been Drew but things never worked out on my side, and he seems to be busy at times. One of these days, since Pittsburgh is only and hour and a half or so from here. Although, I think Lancaster is confusing, so Pittsburgh is whole 'nother story. I've never actually been to either by myself, but I'm not looking forward to it. City driving is not my cup of tea. :D

Viper: Road Trips are a rite of passage. Change your tires, then go on one. You will not regret it.

Well, Lancaster is definitely bigger than Easton, MD, where I lived before, and traffic here gets on my nerves, but really, the city isn't very big... the suburbs are gigantic, however. It's really easy to get to my house from Rt 30, a pretty major route through this part of the state.

It's about 3.5 hours from Brookville to Carlisle (Thanks, Google Maps), though, with the way BV drives, probably could shave about an hour off that.

I'm going to be there Friday parts-hunting with my dad and his friend. I don't think I'll have the time to meet anyone, since we're doing it in one day and it's about a five hour drive for me, but I do intend to be at the All-GM Nats with or without companions, and possibly the Corvette show in August.

Say what? The way I drive? How do I drive? Wait... not only that, but, how do you know how I drive? Have you been spying on me? Should I... like... call the police or something? :P

To be honest, I'd be scared for him to make such a long trip in his car, with bald tires.

Actually, myself, I'd be more scared of my engine... I've still yet to get the miss fixed and I don't trust it on long trips. Good news is that the check engine light finally came on a few weeks ago, so if I can find a place with a pre-96 diagnostic hookup, I might be able to finally find out what is causing it. My uncle, a mechanic, couldn't figure it out by looking at it and neither can my dad. So... This should be fun.

As far as my tires, they should be fine for a few more months now that the snow is gone. My tires aren't completely bald... they still have a tiny bit of tread left on them, which is good enough for dry pavement and wet pavement as long as there isn't sitting water on the road, like in a downpour.

Say what? The way I drive? How do I drive? Wait... not only that, but, how do you know how I drive? Have you been spying on me? Should I... like... call the police or something? :P

Have you ever gotten all the brush out of your grille and A/C condenser from that time you swerved off the road and into a field?

Oh, I've taken road trips, albeit small ones, but I hate city driving. T'is no fun. :P

I hear that. I won't ever travel NYC by car. Hats off to anyone who does. But Carlisle should be cake...I don't know the area well, but I don't envision any big city issues there.

Here you go - city-to-city directions from Brookville to Carlisle

1: Start out going EAST on MAIN ST / US-322 / PA-28 / TWENTY EIGHTH DIVISION HWY toward BARNETT ST. 1.1 miles

2: Turn SLIGHT LEFT onto ROUTE 28 N / PA-28. 1.1 miles

3: Merge onto I-80 E. 78.4 miles

4: Merge onto US-220 S via EXIT 161 toward US-322 / BELLEFONTE. 11.3 miles

5: Merge onto US-322 E via EXIT 73 toward STATE COLLEGE / LEWISTOWN. 45.0 miles

6: Take the PA-75 exit toward PORT ROYAL. 0.4 miles

7: Turn RIGHT onto PA-75 / INDUSTRIAL PARK RD. Continue to follow PA-75. 4.7 miles

8: Turn LEFT onto PA-74. 0.9 miles

9: Turn RIGHT to stay on PA-74. 0.2 miles

10: Turn LEFT to stay on PA-74. 7.9 miles Map

11: Turn RIGHT onto VETERANS WAY / PA-74. Continue to follow PA-74. 21.9 miles

12: Turn RIGHT onto N COLLEGE ST / PA-74. 0.5 miles

13: Turn LEFT onto W HIGH ST / US-11 / PA-641 / PA-74. 0.3 miles

14: Turn RIGHT onto S HANOVER ST / PA-34.

My youngest brother (10 years younger than me, the bastard) and I did a road trip to Floyd Garrett's Muscle Car Museum, Sevierville, TN, last Easter, we had a blast. We spent the weekend there, it's in the Great Smoky Mountains. We also went to Dollywood. If you get the chance, you should go. We went down in my 1969 Pontiac Custom-S RWD! Yeah, I've turned into a redneck! :smilewide:

Here are the links:

http://www.musclecarmuseum.com/gallery.shtml

http://www.dollywood.com/ Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Viper: Road Trips are a rite of passage. Change your tires, then go on one. You will not regret it.

Road trips are ADDICTING.

What, Z, no Big Apple by car? Even I have driven the Cross Bronx Expwy (:scared:) (from JFK onto the Van Wyck and across the Whitestone) before crossing into Jersey. And, as an L.A. boy in my California plated Cutlass Supreme, I was NOT ready for what I saw on the Cross Bronx...the gutted cars and all...and I was saying my "hail Marys" that the car would not break down and that I didn't get into any fender-benders or what not. Edited by trinacriabob

Road trips are ADDICTING.

OH my ... INDEED they are :).

I absolutely LOVE road trips ... not that ya'll didn't know that already ... he he.

But, I agree ... city traffic is no fun with tons of traffic :(.

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
my radio show:CD SHOWCASE.7:30p central.Friday/April 20 = www.wrmn1410.com

I think the big bad B-59 will be making the roadtrip down to Tulsa, OK this June. I will try to visit as many of you guys as humanly possible in the time I will have set aside.