Energy drinks

Satty

I admit it, I am a complete caffeine addict. Coffee is ok, but nothing gets me going like a nice, unhealthy Rockstar or Rumba, or if I can find it, some Bawls. Like cocaine, only available at gas stations. But today I had a weird experience, I drank my usual mornign Rockstar, and afterwards I was extremely jittery and restless, which never happens to me. I didn't crash either, just kinda slowed back down to normal. It was weird and kinda freaky. I think I'm gonna cut back now.

No caffeine for me, at all, ever. In fact, until this past Saturday when I had a Gatorade, I can't remember the last time I drank something other than water.

Just the slightest bit of caffeine will keep me up for half the night, no matter what time of day I ingest it. I'd imagine an energy drink will keep me up for a coule of days straight. Plus, I'd rather burn my energy at a fairly steady rate while I ride, and I can't do that if I'm on caffeine.

I admit it, I am a complete caffeine addict. Coffee is ok, but nothing gets me going like a nice, unhealthy Rockstar or Rumba, or if I can find it, some Bawls. Like cocaine, only available at gas stations.

Bawls? Hell yes. That is my "drug of choice." :thumbsup: :AH-HA_wink:

i prefer Shockolate!!!!, it's lightning & chocolate. mother earth was like slooowww dooowwwwnnn, and said f' you and kicked her in the face.

:lol:

I drink ~30oz of soda, at most a day, typically more like 12-24oz

It's getting so rediculous with these "energy" drinks that yet another recent article blasted them for the health consequences to teens who are mixing them with alcohol and ending up with poisoning due to the all-night drinking binge. How mental is that?

I'm a one-cup-a-day coffee drinker with the morning hit. It's actually more for taste than anything. Caffine beverages sell like mad here... and even end up being the most heavily stolen product due to their popularity by broke teenagers needing a 'fix'.

Personally, the world could be better off without.

I'm up by 5:30, and wouldn't make it until noon without some caffeine. I usually have a cold Starbucks doubleshot or caffinated Mocha drink, then head to the office, where I have 2-3 cups of coffee before 9:30. That keeps me going the rest of the day...sometimes I have a coke at lunch..

Over the last year at my last gig, I had a tradition of a Red Bull and a candy bar in the afternoon most days... staying conscious at that job was difficult (painfully dull, slow pace to the projects.. but I had a great bill rate so I stuck it out for 9 months). I now usually a cup of tea around 3.

A couple of guys in my office drink the Monster energy drinks quite a bit, I tried one, didn't care for the taste.

Edited by moltar

I've only had 2 cups of straight-coffee in my 17 and 2/3 years. It works well, but I wouldn't call it anything routinely palatable. I think there was more creamer in the 2nd cup than there was actual coffee.

Once I get out of bed in the morning and start eating my cereal, I'm usually wide-awake. I sort of hope to never have to become dependent on something to get me moving in the morning.

I lived on energy drinks the last few semesters of school. Go about 30 hours without sleep fueled with energy drinks and the crash that happens afterward is swift and brutal. I'd come home from a review and as soon as my head hit the pillow I'd be out for 15 hours straight. Even worse is when your hands are shaking so badly from caffeiene / lack of sleep and you're trying to build a model with delicate little pieces of bass wood and super glue.........bad combo.

I haven't touched an energy drink since I've been out of school (knock on wood).

Edited by mustang84

spikeshooterenergydrink.jpg

It has warning labels all over it. They definitely weren't to be taken lightly. A buddy drank one and ended up being rushed to the hospital...I honestly have a hard time believing I didn't get sent to the ER...Combined with the meds I am taking (amphetamines) I should not have downed it as fast as I did...I actually started feeling a bit worried shortly after once i considered the possible ramifications...My heart rate increased dramatically, and luckily due to what I was doing at the time I was able to maintain composure.

Definitely need to get more of that stuff...

spikeshooterenergydrink.jpg

It has warning labels all over it. They definitely weren't to be taken lightly. A buddy drank one and ended up being rushed to the hospital...I honestly have a hard time believing I didn't get sent to the ER...Combined with the meds I am taking (amphetamines) I should not have downed it as fast as I did...I actually started feeling a bit worried shortly after once i considered the possible ramifications...My heart rate increased dramatically, and luckily due to what I was doing at the time I was able to maintain composure.

Definitely need to get more of that stuff...

Redline? Yeah...that stuff is kinda dangerous. They shouldn't pack 2 servings in one bottle like that.

Back in the first dot.bomb era, when I was a crazy 20-something and felt invincible, I drank Shock Coffee, Jolt cola, Vodka and Scotch in the evening, all the while on Prozac (later Zoloft). Fun times. I'm old and mellow now, can't be that intense any more.

I don't do energy drinks at all; they all taste like $h! to me. I did, however, once purchase and drink one of both flavor of Steven Seagal's Lightning Bolt energy drink for posterity's sake. I have the cans in a place of honor on one of my shelves.

lightningbolt.jpg

And, no need to ask which I liked better; they both sucked equally :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't had an energy drink in like a week now. I think last Thursday was my last one, maybe Friday. I dont remember. I also went completely soda-free until this morning, and have been coffee free for a little while. Pretty much nothing but juice and the occasional Gatorade.

I took a sip of one of these when they first hit the market - nasty!

I have outlawed them in my truck (my helpers drink the crap) because I hate the smell and they are so strong that I can taste them in my coffee/food when the guys drank them.

I make the guys wait to open them until they are out of the truck!

When this started happening, I named the stuff "liquid pig $h!" - and that's what I think of it.

I took a sip of one of these when they first hit the market - nasty!

I have outlawed them in my truck (my helpers drink the crap) because I hate the smell and they are so strong that I can taste them in my coffee/food when the guys drank them.

I make the guys wait to open them until they are out of the truck!

When this started happening, I named the stuff "liquid pig $h!" - and that's what I think of it.

Thing is though, not all of them are created equal. Some taste like crap, but some are also pretty good.

I am officially an addict.

I now pop 500mg niacin pills and 2500mcg B12 along with my prescription amphetamines. Combined with my supplements for my workouts and the energy drinks I already consume (in quantities much greater than what is recommended) I think it is starting to take a toll on me...

I have a bit of a cold right now which I am trying to fight off...it sucks...especially when I work all day.

I am officially an addict.

I now pop 500mg niacin pills and 2500mcg B12 along with my prescription amphetamines. Combined with my supplements for my workouts and the energy drinks I already consume (in quantities much greater than what is recommended) I think it is starting to take a toll on me...

I have a bit of a cold right now which I am trying to fight off...it sucks...especially when I work all day.

Wow, you're probably doing your body a lot of hurt. Especially if you're consuming all that caffeine with a supplement that has Nitric Oxide, Arganine, and stuff.

Any last requests you'd like any of us to carry out for you after your heart explodes?