Mozilla Firefox 3 is out!

I like it a lot, had it running since yesterday, a most secure browser, that I highly recommend.

Link: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/?from=getfirefox

It's quite good...I've been using it for a few weeks now (downloaded one of the release candidates in late May), on both Leopard and Win XP Pro...very stable, seems to be less of a resource hog that 2.x was.

only 2 problems i've had.

not all bookmarks were copied from 2. and i got stuck in zoom mode some how instead of scrolling.

other than that, it's good. wonder what they have planned for 3.1 .... workgroup jokes have been going around about it. hehe

I prefer Safari.

Safari is not as fast. And firefox can do everything Safari can. Its a fact. :D

Theres a preview of it running on Vista.

post-1241-1213850558_thumb.jpg

Heard about it a couple of days ago. I'm downloading it now. Will report back once it's installed.

UPDATE: So far so good. I have to let it run for a while like I usually do IE, and that will tell me how efficient it is. But I like the new appearance. :)

Edited by Lamar

+

1. Interface

2. Fast

3. Less Resource Hog

-

1. 45% of my addons are not compatible. Especially Tab Mix Plus, Tiny URL, Fasterfox (Don't need this too much though)

2. Interface

For those who missed the bookmarks, try the add-on Foxmarks (Registration Required), that helps you sync bookmarks on multiple computers.

The new interface is sweet. However, there's still no "create a new tab button" like in IE 7....that is the one and only thing I like about IE 7...but I still never use it.

I agree. I am forced to use IE at work (such as right now) and that's the only feature I like.

The new interface is sweet. However, there's still no "create a new tab button" like in IE 7....that is the one and only thing I like about IE 7...but I still never use it.

I agree. I am forced to use IE at work (such as right now) and that's the only feature I like.

What do you mean? There's a New Tab button in Mozilla...always has been.

Right click on any of the existing buttons on top (Home, Back, Stop, etc.), click Customize, and then just drag the "New Tab" one from there onto your bar, wherever you want it.

I never knew that existed until a friend showed me...and New Tab is my most used button. IE is just a mess to use in comparison, and I only do for weird sites that don't 100% load or print correctly with Mozilla.

Edited by caddycruiser

Right click on any of the existing buttons on top (Home, Back, Stop, etc.), click Customize, and then just drag the "New Tab" one from there onto your bar, wherever you want it.

I never knew that existed until a friend showed me...and New Tab is my most used button. IE is just a mess to use in comparison, and I only do for weird sites that don't 100% load or print correctly with Mozilla.

hah, cool. You learn something new everyday. :P

CNTRL+T adds a new tab also. I use Firefox pretty much 100% these days. At work, I use a Mac, but have a VM running XP since I need to use IE to access Mercury Quality Center (uses an Active X plugin), and I need to verify my code runs in IE as well as FF (it's funny---my development team all use Macs with Firefox to develop our web apps, but our corporate clients all use Windows with IE).

I've run into a few sites that have seem to have issues when you scroll and need repainting in Firefox...and Wachovia's site behaves very wierd--I enter my userid and password and it just keeps reloading (a Javascript issue, I think Foxmarks is great for synching my bookmarks between the Mac and my home XP laptop.

because of how it's set up? if you can bring in thumb drives, i'm sure they / 'll have portable firefox 3 up any time now. (haven't checked)

-

1. 45% of my addons are not compatible. Especially Tab Mix Plus, Tiny URL, Fasterfox (Don't need this too much though)

YES.

I have the new RealPlayer that lets me download internet videos, but it's not compatible with this new Firefox... :angry: