The 2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ

The Malibu LTZ looks way beyond Chevrolet's position in the marketplace.

Looks so good on the street....it grabs my attention constantly. I'm talking

the top level LTZ only, with those nice spidery wheels, heck this car almost

has an Audi cache about it.

I see more and more new Malibus around town so obviously the public

is getting it. If I was in the market for this sort of car, this is the car of

choice for me. So impressed. A job well done, GM and Chevrolet.

I like especially it's profile...that lower greenhouse makes it so elegant

as it glides by.

tanbc0.jpg

Edited by HarleyEarl

Agreed, and even having one in the driveway everyday since January...that aura (no pun intended) just doesn't die off. Still get comments and stares, and I stare at it myself. The feeling continues with a drive, where thankfully it backs those looks up with the feel behind the wheel, for sure.

too bad the too narrow epsilon platform kept this car from getting the width it so is crying out for visually and funtionally inside the cabin. the car would be so much more drop dead gorgeous if it had had 2 more inches of width. they should have antied up for better materials inside the cabin also.

Edited by regfootball

I love the wheels that come with the 4 cyl. LT2.

yes, they are great, and the wheels are a huge part of Malibu's upscale feel and appeal. it's amazing that we've been hitting them at this site for so many years on these points and they finally got around to addressing the critiques....now the car is universally praised. sat in one the other day just for a freshening, the dash material really is upscale and expensive in feel, helps the rest of the car, enhances the quality feel all around.

I really like the Malibu after seeing one. I think it's the best thing GM has done in awhile, I wonder why the Fusion sells just about equally? Older design etc...

1) Can't get Malibus (see strike)

2) Can't get 6 cylinder Malibus (see GM blaming 18" wheel shortages on LT2)

3) Ford is giving away the Fusion. There is no deep discounting on the Malibu at this time. (See #1, #2)

What I think is super silly around here is the ads Ford is pulling out with huge discounts on the F-150. Why are they bothering? Nobody in Ontario has any Silverados or Sierras, so effectively Ford owns the market, yet they are still blowing their brains out on discounting. Foolish, very foolish.

1) Can't get Malibus (see strike)

2) Can't get 6 cylinder Malibus (see GM blaming 18" wheel shortages on LT2)

3) Ford is giving away the Fusion. There is no deep discounting on the Malibu at this time. (See #1, #2)

What I think is super silly around here is the ads Ford is pulling out with huge discounts on the F-150. Why are they bothering? Nobody in Ontario has any Silverados or Sierras, so effectively Ford owns the market, yet they are still blowing their brains out on discounting. Foolish, very foolish.

I could find no evidence of Ford giving away the Fusion. In May they sold 18,088 cars. How many Malibu's ? I'm sure the strike hurt some but it sounds like poor planning on GM aka camaro Mindset. Ford also sold 35,000 plus Focus cars. I'll have to ck on Cobalt sales. I think the new Malibu will do very well if GM can get it's head out of it's ^%$#$@

I've had a V6 LTZ since January. There are more of them now, but people still look and comment on the car when I fill gas and go places. We really like this car. At 6500 miles, mileage is starting to get better. The 26mpg highway rating seems low. I get around 23mpg 40%highway 60%city.

I love the wheels that come with the 4 cyl. LT2.

I must agree...I'm still SO pleased with my trim and final color choice for my mother's, and so is she:

Image00001.jpg

Image00008.jpg

Beautiful lines in the first place...then add in a perfect color and almost too good looking of wheels, and it's just a stunner.

I must agree...I'm still SO pleased with my trim and final color choice for my mother's, and so is she:

Image00001.jpg

Image00008.jpg

Beautiful lines in the first place...then add in a perfect color and almost too good looking of wheels, and it's just a stunner.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

the wheels on your LT are my favorite design for the malibu. obviously the V6 LTZ are hot too, but for a 4 cyl model GM went out of thier way to make an attractive design and I commend them for it, so this is my favorite model of the malibu line and i definitely would want to own one like yours. I don't know if it was you who was looking for a new car...I think you are. I remember wanting to post that you should consider Malibu cause it has such a young professional look to it, it just looks like an urban professional hipster's kind of car, one that wants to remain modest. but I remember reading too you had fun with the G6 coupe, and fun is an important consideration when you're plunking down all this cash, too. back to the malibu though, I've said it various times, but it really is the best looking sedan out there under $30k.

the wheels on your LT are my favorite design for the malibu. obviously the V6 LTZ are hot too, but for a 4 cyl model GM went out of thier way to make an attractive design and I commend them for it, so this is my favorite model of the malibu line and i definitely would want to own one like yours. I don't know if it was you who was looking for a new car...I think you are. I remember wanting to post that you should consider Malibu cause it has such a young professional look to it, it just looks like an urban professional hipster's kind of car, one that wants to remain modest. but I remember reading too you had fun with the G6 coupe, and fun is an important consideration when you're plunking down all this cash, too. back to the malibu though, I've said it various times, but it really is the best looking sedan out there under $30k.

Yes, that was me, and it was actually my month with a last gen '07 Malibu 2.2L that sparked the whole Malibu interest, and teamed with the look and exciting commercials, made my mother want to trade her Suburban for the Dark Gray beauty you see above.

GM really got this car so right in looks, ESPECIALLY the 2LT's and LTZ's, it's a knockout. I love mom's like my own and almost went for one, then I went loopy, and got a platform mate G6 coupe instead. The interior and overall sophisticated look aren't at the same level, but the coupe layout and tuning make it really fun.

But yeah...Malibu, oh Malibu, I love you. Funny enough, yesterday out of the blue, I saw 5 and EACH one was a 2LT 4-cyl. Looks great in every color, and the wheels, of course, add to that ritzy aura.

Interesting thing happened today, I was driving into a parking lot and as usual, something caught my eye, just saw bits of it, and thought, jeez another Lexus, then I moved up further, it was a black Malibu LTZ!.....looked damned sexy. So then I started to park and noticed a new Cadillac CTS just a bit further down and had the opportunity to compare the profiles of both....I'll get hate mail for sure, but the Malibu was the hands down winner in the visual allure department.

• 1 month later...

I may be buying a LTZ for my mom Saturday.

We found one advertised ar $29,090 sticker for $23,553 in th paper. It is still there tonight and we will be there in the AM.

I will get the extra $1,000 off on my GM card and it should make for a good buy.

The Malibu was marketed well to start but it has faded into the background. IF Chevy wants to keep it going they need to keep pushing it.

I noted on my new HHR SS that most people think it is a custom job. They can't believe I bought it from the dealer as is. I have been amazed at all the positive comments and looks it gets. With 4519 built and really no advertising most people are shock at what the SS is and what it can do.

I thought I would get more of the you bought a HHR? commnets from freinds but all are like it goes how fast and it only cost how much!

Chevy now has great cars and very good prices and they need to push it a little more.

I will post tomarrow if the deal goes through.

Congratulations, hyperv6.....great choice. This car in LTZ mode is a stunner.

THe congrats need to go to my mother as it will be her gem. I will only get to wax it from time to time. She wants the metalic red and it should look nice.

I have not seen the car yet as she looked at it when I sent her to the dealer to look. She has been reluctant to trade off her 97 Buick but I detected a sound in her voice she really liked this car.

As for the DI engine I expect the DI will ben in in 2010-11. They need it for the milage and they had not planned to have it this soon. But I expect they are moving it up as soon as possible.

The HHR SS with DI was getting 26-27 city and 31-32 highway with DI. I have spoken to other SS owners and they are getting the same. The numbers are much better than the window sticker estimates.

Just 700 PSI injectors and up to 2000+ PSI fuel pressures blow my mind. I wonder how many shade tree guys mess this one up.

Edited by hyperv6

Well we bought a 2LT with a V6 package.

This car stickered at $25,940 and we got it for $21,000.

This is a jewel Red with the 18" wheels and only lacks a sunroof and the Six disc radio. She did not care for those items as she is 72 years old.

I drove the car and ws impressed with it and the 6 speed is a marvel.

We went to look at the LTZ that was advertised for $23,585 and was given a price of $25,800? I would love a phone number to GM to complain about the false advertising. They said that was the price if we had a GM discount and a non GM car in the house hold. It did not state this in the ad.

To be honest the car had a great interior but was not any nicer than the 2 LT we got. It drove, rode and handled the same. It did have a sun roof and rear electric package that we really did not need. If we want the better floor mats we can get them on our own.

While the LTZ is a great car the real buy is the 2LT if you opt for the V6 package. It is just as much car for a lot less money.

This salesman owes me lunch as this is his second sales to me in 2 weeks.

Image00001.jpg

Image00008.jpg

Damn... I want those wheels on my car...

dsc00224uj4.jpg

The two-tone colour really matches my gray.

I must say after spending some time in the Malibu it is a amazing car for the money.

The LTZ is nice but a loaded V6 2LT is one of the greatestr values in the automotive market.

The Six speed tranny is one of the smoothest I have ever driven and the 3.6 V6 is a improvement over the past GM V6 engines. I liked my GP but this Malibu lets you know ow old the present W body was. The platform stiffness is such a vast improvment in ride, feel , handling and safety it is amazing.

At this point other than fleet sales I see no reason for the Impala anylonger.

dsc00442kr5.jpg

dsc00439eb4.jpg

Edited by hyperv6