Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MRDETROITMETAL

Scott Kalitta

5 posts in this topic

Quite sad...One of the worst wrecks I have ever seen. Apparently, the engine blew, exploding the body off the car & knocking Scott out,...as he never deployed the cutes & the car slammed through the sand trap and into the retaining wall at the end of the drag strip, still doing close to 300 MPH, where upon it exploded into bits !!! The comments from the other drivers noted that this IS a BIG Problem at many tracks, in that the "run off" area is too short & the sand will not stop a car doing that speed. Like Dale Earnhardt's death, this may lead to an improvement in safety for all Drag Racers...just a shame that someone has to die before these things are changed to give these guys half a chance !!..Drag Racing remains a deadly sport, as it should be...but everything should be done to protect these very talented and gutsy individuals.

i was at the the Top Fuel Nats yeseterday, the day after this whole ordeal, and it was a somber event... they had a moment of silence, his whole team and their other cars pulled out of the other races, and his pit was smothered with flowers.... RIP to a great racer

Damn, I hate hearing about this kind of thing. He came from one of the great families of drag racing, and will be missed.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0