G8 Sighting

I was just minding my own business, scanning the Pontiac dealership as I always do, almost without thinking...everything all looked the same and something caught my eye....something special....a red G8.....looks good in the bright hot Calgary sunlight.

I was just minding my own business, scanning the Pontiac dealership as I always do, almost without thinking...everything all looked the same and something caught my eye....something special....a red G8.....looks good in the bright hot Calgary sunlight.

LOL! The exact same thing happened to me today at Northland Pontiac. A 2009 Blue G8 GT fresh off the car carrier!

Hilarious!....well, the red one is at CMP in the NE.....what kind of blue is the one you saw?

The Blue is like the ZR1 in your sig... but I've begun to associate that color with headaches if you know what I mean.... just seeing it gives me high blood pressure I'm sure.

I saw a G8 GT in Ignition Orange at a local Pontiac store this weekend with a $5K mark-up on it! Dealer also had 2 base G8s without mark-up.

Another dealer had a Panther Black GT with no mark-up.

I see history is repeating itself. I guess the dealers haven't learned their lesson from when they marked up the GTO sky high. No one with two brain cells to rub together is going to pay that for a Pontiac.

commodore/G8 might do real well in america if GM were to find some resources to invest in Pontiac, keep the current car, build it in America, offer a cheap diesel, say around $26k, drop the price of the V6 by a couple grand and offer a base model with 2.4 DI assisted by BAS for $25k, getting at least 32 mpg in the highway. but the return might not look strong enough on thier balance sheets versus starting over with an EP II Pontiac.

What about a nice Opel Corsa based truck, that's coming very soon, via Brazil.

Hmm...the Chevy Montana from Brasil looks like it's based off of the previous gen Corsa, not the new one. Yawn.

commodore/G8 might do real well in america if GM were to find some resources to invest in Pontiac, keep the current car, build it in America, offer a cheap diesel, say around $26k, drop the price of the V6 by a couple grand and offer a base model with 2.4 DI assisted by BAS for $25k, getting at least 32 mpg in the highway. but the return might not look strong enough on thier balance sheets versus starting over with an EP II Pontiac.

i'd simply settle for this......upgrade the 3.6 with DI and a real transmission ( an actual refined 6 speed automatic) or I would even prefer a 3.6DI/manual 6 speed combo. having driven it, the base powertrain is not refined enough.......and i don't want the v8 if the v6 is fine.

bottom line, this car is a standout visually and performance wise and GM is doing nothing with it.

GM should offer police and cab versions of this car. i bet demand would explode and then chevy could get a version to sell that to.

i'd simply settle for this......upgrade the 3.6 with DI and a real transmission ( an actual refined 6 speed automatic) or I would even prefer a 3.6DI/manual 6 speed combo. having driven it, the base powertrain is not refined enough.......and i don't want the v8 if the v6 is fine.

bottom line, this car is a standout visually and performance wise and GM is doing nothing with it.

GM should offer police and cab versions of this car. i bet demand would explode and then chevy could get a version to sell that to.

The plant is almost at capacity, should GM build cabs and not the G8 ST. :scratchchin:

The plant is almost at capacity, should GM build cabs and not the G8 ST. :scratchchin:

no, silly. but they should build the wagon and send it over.

i see no reason that police forces and taxis wouldnt be able to generate 50k a year sales if it were done through a direct marketing campaign. get cops in the cars and start taking orders when we find out how much they like it. sell the coppies as a chevy tho

• 3 weeks later...

I happened upon 2 Pontiac G8s today at the dealership downtown. First time for me, up close and personal.

Interestingly enough I was drawn to the 6 cyl version first as I like the wheels better. And I was pleasantly

surprised at the price, 33 and change. The 8 cyl was 41.

It has a nice taut, from a piece look....I like it alot. Seeing them got me very hopeful for Pontiac. It made

the Buick sedans nearby look dated.

Zeta Chevy (GMX551) and Buick (GMX553) are dead, planned DTS (GMX556) replacement soon will be, doubt you will see a Zeta coupe or wagon in North America.

Link: http://www3.sympatico.ca/tedkrygier/future.htm

Thanks Ted, I see you have been keeping up!

Ok...so what is going to become of the next Impala, Lucerne, and DTS? More FWD generics? Boring.

Ok...so what is going to become of the next Impala, Lucerne, and DTS? More FWD generics? Boring.

More like FWD geriatrics. *Yawn*

Somebody up in this thread mentioned how the Lucerne and LaCross looked dated... IMHO, they would have looked dated if they came out ten years ago... this from someone who _likes_ Buicks.

Stephen

More like FWD geriatrics. *Yawn*

Somebody up in this thread mentioned how the Lucerne and LaCross looked dated... IMHO, they would have looked dated if they came out ten years ago... this from someone who _likes_ Buicks.

Stephen

The Lucerne isn't bad looking, but I think the Park Avenue was a better looking car...it had more Buick styling cues, and nice curvy Riviera-eque rear quarters..

The Lax is ugly but the Lucerne is a beauty.

Ehh the Lucerne only looks good in fully loaded form. I think it's ridiculous that only the top model (super) has fog lights, it's not even an option on CX and CXL trims. Having them improves the look of the front end a great deal. The interior still does nothing for me, even the last gen Aurora had a more attractive interior design IMO.

Edited by REDO1GPGT