C&G Pontiac census

Too close to home? Do I know too much?

My money's on the real story being that Pontiac has...lost its identity. What isn't a blatantly rebadged Chevy is a blatantly rebadged Holden (which is badge engineering just the same)

Also, as an addendum to my survey response, It's worth adding that my dad and I are going, in a few years mind you, buy a 1994-1995 Pontiac Trans Sport 3.8L and fix it up. Never Again wouldn't be exactly 100% true.

Edited by vonVeezelsnider

1) Hmm... if you loosen the limits on the dates:

'88 Grand Am LE - Quad4/4A (given to cousin at 120k - driven into ground after 280k)

'89 Grand Am SE - Quad4/5M (given to another cousin at 98k - driven into ground after 180k)

'04 GTO, converted w/ Monaro bits

2) Maybe, depends. If I replace the Monaro, then maybe a Solstice GXP coupe. If the wife replaces the Trailblazer EXT, then maybe the G8 - but nothing's for sure.

Edited by traumadog

1. Bought new:

1990 Grand Am LE

2002 Grand Prix GT

2002 Firehawk Trans Am

2004 Montana (still have)

2004 Vibe

2007 Grand Prix (current company car)

Bought used:

1969 GTO

1968 LeMans Convertible

1967 LeMans Hardtop

1968 LeMans Hardtop

1970 GTO Hardtop (still have)

1981 Formula Firebird

1995 Firebird

2. Would like a G8 GXP or Solstice Coupe GXP

Let's see, I had a 98 GP GTP, 01 Aztek, 04 GP GTP and now have a 06 G6 GTP. In my eyes, I don't see purchasing anyhting but a Pontiac.

My next car will either be a G8 GT or Solstice GXP. I've also been checking out some late model Trans Ams and GTOs. I'm thinking a retirement toy when the time comes. :)

Borger, now be nice. After all, FOG knows you only by your posts. And your posts led him to the logical conclusion! :AH-HA_wink:

I just enjoy messing with Borger. In fact, since news is relatively slow, it's one of my favorite ways to pass the time now.

:AH-HA_wink:

I just enjoy messing with Borger. In fact, since news is relatively slow, it's one of my favorite ways to pass the time now.

:AH-HA_wink:

Oh I love when you get so angry with me, I know I am on the right track at work when you are! :smilewide: Besides what else is there to do in Podunk, N.C? Hmmmmmmm? :scratchchin:

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

1. How many new Pontiacs have you purchased (or leased) in the last decade (since the '98 model year)?

2. Do you intend to purchase/lease another new Pontiac in the next two model years?

1. Two--2002 Grand Prix 4DR Sedan, 2004 Grand Prix GTP Comp-G
  2. Yes--Either G8 GT or G6 GT or GXP (Decision will be based on the price of fuel.)

1. Bought an '02 Aztek, since traded in for an '07 Malibu. (My used '87 firebird doesn't count, but it was my first car)

2. I'd consider a G8 sedan, but in all honesty, sad as I'd be to see Pontiac go, maybe it should. Aside from the G8 line, there's really nothing unique to Pontiac; they could fold the G8 into Chevy as a low-production model as it is now, call it the Impala, the ST becomes El Camino, the wagon becomes Nomad.

1998 - Pontiac Grand Prix

2002 - Pontiac Bonneville

2005 - Chevrolet Trailblazer

2008 - Chevrolet HHR

2010 - ? Like the Acadia right now (really miss the HUD I had in my Pontiacs), but by then, who knows?

Oh I love when you get so angry with me, I know I am on the right track at work when you are! :smilewide: Besides what else is there to do in Podunk, N.C? Hmmmmmmm? :scratchchin:

Meh... I'm not in podunk anymore sir.

I'm actually with a company that is eerily close to you as a GM employee. :AH-HA_wink: In fact, there is nothing else like it in the world.

1. None. I've never bought new. I have gone to the Pontiac dealer three times (2002 Trans Am, 2004/5 GTO, 2006 Solstice) to try to get in one, but was unable to come to a decent agreement. I have about 15 used Pontiacs.

2. G8 GXP Coupe... or G8 Coupe with a 600hp aftermarket supercharger kit... G8 wagon (prefer GXP wagon)... G8 ST... might settle for a G8 GXP Sedan.

3. What GM cars would I by in Pontiac's absence... A coupe version of the STS/DTS. Failing that, I'm a BMW/Mercedes buyer.

Stephen

1. Two, an '01 Montana. Great milage in a minivan. I know they didn't get great reviews but ours has been frugal and pretty dependable. I also have an 08 Vibe. Maybe I saw the gas crunch coming because I got out of a 99 Catera (worst car I ever owned) and into the Vibe, which so far has been WAY more reliable and frugal, but crude compared to the

Caddy.

2. I'd buy another Pontiac. I've bought more of them new than any other brand. I'd like another hauler like the Monatana. Since Pontiac doesn't have a Lambda that could force me into an Enclave, Acadia, Outlook or Traverse, or maybe a Torrent.

1. Two, an '01 Montana. Great milage in a minivan. I know they didn't get great reviews but ours has been frugal and pretty dependable. I also have an 08 Vibe. Maybe I saw the gas crunch coming because I got out of a 99 Catera (worst car I ever owned) and into the Vibe, which so far has been WAY more reliable and frugal, but crude compared to the

Caddy.

2. I'd buy another Pontiac. I've bought more of them new than any other brand. I'd like another hauler like the Monatana. Since Pontiac doesn't have a Lambda that could force me into an Enclave, Acadia, Outlook or Traverse, or maybe a Torrent.

Wjfox I love my Torrent it is a great small nearly midsize SUV.