C&G Chevrolet Census

1. How many new Chevrolets have you purchased/leased in the last decade ('98 model year and up)?

2. Do you intend to purchase a new Chevrolet in the next two model years?

For me:

1. One (directly that is, though I decided/arranged the purchase of several others)

2005 Silverado HD

2. Unlikely

1. My Optra 5. But I've sold over 1,000 - does that count? :unsure:

Not likely. If the BF needs a car, I'll give him the Optra and take a demo. A nice Camaro would do. :pbjtime: Fat chance! :lol:

I only bought the Optra 5 to get the manager(s) off my back for all the dog hair in my demos. (At least that is what I told them it was.!) :lol:

1. '98 S-10 ZR2. 2002 Silverado 2WD regular cab shortbox. 2004 Colorado Z71 extended cab 4X4.

2. Possibly. Candidates: '09 Colorado, '09 Cobalt coupe, Camaro 3.6L. But I keep going back to the Solstice coupe, G6 coupe, or even a G5 GT.

2. If my financial situatuion looks good, a Camaro

1. 99 MC 3.1L ~146K miles it's what i drive, it's not legally mine

2. see above. prolly keep the MC for a while, I graduate in the spring.....i better.

Speaking for my family here...

1. '98 Camaro Z28, '00 Camaro SS, '01 Tahoe, '08 Corvette

2. Current Cobalt is a possible new car, as are then next gen. Cobalt, Camaro (and next gen)

Edited by AAS

1. 2004 colorado crew cab z71 60K miles and will be paid for in 10 months

2. would like to see an 08 5.3 colorado but for the cost i could plobably just settle for an extended cab silverado.

(camaro would be cool but i got my impy back and my dads 94 z28 to play with if speed is the need)

Edited by cletus8269

1. 1 (my current car and first new car)

2) The next Cobalt coupe is a possibility if it doesn't look as "Asian" as the sedan spy pics seem to hint at. I'd also like to see what they do with the next HHR. I'm putting the Camaro purchase off until after the first-on-the-block crowd buys theirs at huge markups.

1. 1 - 1998 Cavalier, the most reliable car anyone in my family has ever owned. Problem free for 60k miles until I traded up to Cadillac.

2. Maybe I will by the Volt if Caddy's offerings aren't to my likeing.

1. How many new Chevrolets have you purchased/leased in the last decade ('98 model year and up)?

For me:

1. None since 1988.

2. As of today yes. As explained in the Popntiac Census I will buy a 2009 GM product and right now a HHR SS fits my needs for the daily beater.

I would like a Pontiac but none fit my needs for a year round daily driver that can carry more than 2 people.

Long shot I may opt for a V6 Camaro but I expect to stay with the HHR SS.

Three people in the family + dog. I need more than one car all of us can travel in. The wife hates the extended cab of the Sonoma ZQ8 already. I would love to have a Pontiac but any I like will not fit my needs and get good mileage of near 30 Highway.

For me:

1. None since 1988.

2. As of today yes. As explained in the Popntiac Census I will buy a 2009 GM product and right now a HHR SS fits my needs for the daily beater.

I would like a Pontiac but none fit my needs for a year round daily driver that can carry more than 2 people.

Long shot I may opt for a V6 Camaro but I expect to stay with the HHR SS.

Three people in the family + dog. I need more than one car all of us can travel in. The wife hates the extended cab of the Sonoma ZQ8 already. I would love to have a Pontiac but any I like will not fit my needs and get good mileage of near 30 Highway.

I may replace the wifes GP with a G8 in a few years. Also if the Alpha comes along that may make a good replacment for me later? The market is changing so fast!

1. The dreadful 2002 Cavalier.

If anything happens to my G6, maybe a Malibu, but highly unlikely.

1. 2003 Venture LT AWD, 2006 Express 2500 4.8L cargo, two 2007 Express 1500 4.3L cargo vans, and a 2007 Impala LS (the company technically owns these vehicles, but my parents own the company).

2. Again, to answer as-posed, no (student loans). I love the Camaro, and would definitely consider one with the 3.6L V6. I like the Corvette a lot, too. But I also like driving a car that not everyone else has. I guess it depends.

1. No brand new

Used 1998 Lumina, 2002 Z06

2. Cobalt SS turbo (or may be NG if it does not look like Baeyoo), Camaro, May be a Duramax 1500, RWD Impala :P

Possibly used 2007-08 Z06

Edited by smallchevy

For me AND the 'rents:

1. Mom had an '02 Avalanche, '04 Suburban (almost went GMC, but couldn't get the right one), and now an '08 Malibu. I've had none.

2. Mom very likely will, as Chevy is "her brand", and she loves most everything they have. With her Malibu, I almost just did get one until getting turned on by a G6 and it's better $ numbers--but definitely maybe for the next or the next after that.

1. Purchased - 1

2. Intentions - 0; but the future isn't written and anything is possible!

1. 0

2. If GM made a version of the Nomad concept and priced competitively against the MINI (under 25K euros) I'd consider it :yes:

Might also consider a Captiva in case I start a family.

We own a 2005 Chevy Avalanche. Love it. It's a great truck, and it's good for carting around the family too. But we hate putting gas in it. 15 MPG avg isn't bad for mixed city and highway driving, but it's still rough on the wallet. E85 is great, but the mileage is horrible and it's not that much cheaper than gas where we live. Therefore, E85 doesn't make economic sense for us.

Chevy is doing a good job of retooling the lineup. The more fuel efficient, and high quality cars, the better. HHR is a favorite, but it could use a well done interior and some exterior redesign for 2010. The small windows and excessive plastic in HHR have to go. Chevy also needs a new minivan! I hate Sienna and Odyssey!

This is somewhat off topic, but if Chevrolet plans to become a brand that can lure Toyota and Honda buyers into the showroom, there needs to be some clarification of the Chevrolet Brand. Chevrolet and GMC should not have commercial trucks and buses with the Chevy Bowtie or GMC logo. Car and light truck drivers don't want to be associated with a school bus, tow truck or cab-over-chassis truck. These commercial vehicles should be branded with a simple GM logo in the front, much like the one on new GM car door panels. For example, Ford uses the Sterling S and Toyota uses Hino to market their commercial vehicles. It's a vital adjustment that needs to be made to help improve brand impression.

1 ... 2 (1997 Corsica/"malibu" and 2000 Celebrity/Lumina/"monte carlo"

2 ... Nope.

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I want a 2-tone Chevrolet" ... BJ Thomas ... '2-Car Garage'

1. No "new" Chev's, but did buy a '03 Avalanche used (can't justify buying new)

2. No... unless my '68 camaro project comes to a halt, then I'll sell it and put that $$ down on a "new" camaro.

1- ONE. A Chevy Express.

2- Not very likely! I've had quite a few problems with my Express, but it's still a decent vehicle. I wanna try something different next time, I would get a Dodge Sprinter but they are priced outta my line of sight.... but you never know.. I'll drive the Express for a couple more years and see how things go...