C&G Cadillac Census

I have not leased or purchased a Cadillac ever. However, a couple of month ago my 93 TA may have blown a head gasket and so I pulled out the 85 TA from garage queen staus only to find out it needed a master brake cylinder replaced. While it was at the shop yesterday, I rented a CTS and man was it a revelation. My next car purchase candidates now include the following, a used 2002-4 Z06 Corvette, a G8 and now a CTS. I know all three cars are apples and oranges but now I can't decide. Once we secure our sons student loans for Cal Poly, I will be able to get one of these cars in a couple of months. For now the garage queen will be a daily driver until I get a new car, after which she will go back into garage queen status.

1. 0

2. A CTS coupe is on the radar if I hit it big. Most likely no.

1. 0

2 Well....

I wanted the CTS, but my better half liked the G35 better (and it was a lot cheaper) - and it's her daily driver, so we got that. Depending on how insane I feel in a year or two, I may get a CTS Coupe - but my more pragmatic side will probably drive me into ultimately driving something a lot cheaper.

For me AND the 'rents:

1. Never any new, just mine and my father's Fleetwoods.

2. Probably not for the parents ever, but very possible again for me as I continue to change through cars over time. Something like a CTS.

I do not believe in buying new cars I have owned 5 Cadillacs all used. If I wanted a new car I would wait 3 months into the year and then get a sub 1000 mile clean repo at the action (tons of 08 and 09 at manheim auctions).

Interesting survey. I've only ever had one new car, an '02 Alero. Most cars I buy are newish used. Or old B-bodies. :D

Though I've never owned a new Caddy, I'm on my second used.

My goal is to buy a new one in a couple years though, STS or it's replacement. Fingers crossed!

1. I've had two in the past.... 1995 Seville, 2004 DTS

2. Who knows for sure! looking forward to the new dts/sts replacement.

If im not knocked out of my socks, im gonna stick with a newer Audi down the road. perhaps an A8 next time.

1. '99 STS, 03 CTS

2. Yes, probably a CTS in about 1 year and a half.

1. None.

2. Many years from now I'll probably buy a CTS. I love the new one, and I'd get it if money wasn't tight.