C&G Buick Census

Camino LS6

1) Zero

2) The next LaCrosse/Invicta is tempting, but probably no.

My wife and I have a 2006 Lucerne CXS and a 2008 Buick Enclave. We traded in a MB C-class for the Lucerne and BMW X-5 for the Enclave..kids love it.

Our first Buicks together, although my parents drove them and I had a Skylark right out of college.

We plan on going with the Invicta when the Lucerne lease is up, although our first choice would be the Velite if that made it.

1. None (still driving a 15-year old Buick)

2. Probably in November/December I'll be purchasing a LaCrosse... unless I hear the new LaCrosse won't be SO much more in price.

For me AND the 'rents:

1. Never any new yet, just dad's old Roadmaster.

2. Quite possible. We all love the brand and mom was THIS close to buying an Enclave in the fall, so it's not a far throw.

1. How many new Buicks have you purchased/leased since the 1998 model year?

None. I inherited both a 1967 and 1972 Skylark from my parents in college.

2. Do you intend to purchase/lease a new Buick in the next two model years?

Yes, Invicta is very possible. Enclave, maybe. Would love a Theta-Ep Buick. Can that happen in two years?

1) A 2002 Buick Rendezvous, then traded in for a 2005 Rendezvous.

The Rendezvous is a great car for our family and it's a shame that it was slated to cease production after seven years. It was the first of its kind in the small - midsize luxury crossover segment. I love the styling, and overall quality. The vehicle certainly could be revamped and come back as a winner. There are many Rendezvous driving around these days, and they're a hit used car purchase. Give it the same chassis and engine/trans options as the new Vue, and it would serve as an excellent younger sibling to the Enclave (which is way too big for us to drive and park around a large city where we live).

2) With the current line up, I'm afraid that another Buick wouldn't be on our shopping list. We went to find an American 08 model that would be a good replacement for the Rendezvous, and couldn't find one that we liked. If only there were a Mercury version of Edge and MKX! So we bought our lease. In the future, however, we may be looking for a car-- the Invicta is quite appealing.

Buick has the capability to compete with the majority of Lexus and Acura models. It's the Mercury of GM-- and both Mercury and Buick need some help. If Cadillac is to be in the sports luxury segment that competes with Infiniti, BMW and Audi, then Buick needs to cover the middle ground.

Of course, GM still needs to consider consolidating some brands. There are simply too many makes that no longer match the ideals of a car brand designed and marketed for every American.

P2840.jpg

Edited by way2tall

1 nope

2 nope

Buick has the Enclave, very nice... and the Lucerne, ok vehicle. What else do they have?? (nothing worthwhile). Ditch the outlook, rebadge the enclave as a saturn and do away with Buick.

1) 2000 LeSabre Custom with factory moonroof, full power and trunk mounted 12 disk CD changer

2) Possibly a Lucerne if the lame brains at GM use the AFM version of this engine otherwise nothing existing or even the Toyota like 2010 LaCrosse replacement even remotely interests me anymore. Buick had a WAYYYYY more interesting lineup in the 80's and 90's. What the hell happened?

1 nope

2 nope

Buick has the Enclave, very nice... and the Lucerne, ok vehicle. What else do they have?? (nothing worthwhile). Ditch the outlook, rebadge the enclave as a saturn and do away with Buick.

The Enclave is selling well. The Invicta concept I am guessing will do well too. Saturn, well, not so many sales going on there.

The Enclave is selling well. The Invicta concept I am guessing will do well too. Saturn, well, not so many sales going on there.

Yes the Invicta would probably do great (hope it's not made in China and imported). But as far as sales, Saturn total sales has outsold Buick for both the month of May and year to date (18k to 11k and 83k to 61k respectivly). Rebadge Saturn's as Buick's and Buick could have a great lineup as well. But as of now, Saturn has a better overall line-up. They just need more brand recognition, something GM marketing does a piss poor job of doing. The "think american" campaign was a good start but that stopped as quick as it started.

Yes the Invicta would probably do great (hope it's not made in China and imported). But as far as sales, Saturn total sales has outsold Buick for both the month of May and year to date (18k to 11k and 83k to 61k respectivly). Rebadge Saturn's as Buick's and Buick could have a great lineup as well. But as of now, Saturn has a better overall line-up. They just need more brand recognition, something GM marketing does a piss poor job of doing. The "think american" campaign was a good start but that stopped as quick as it started.

Well, what are you comparing? Buick has 3 models. Saturn has 5 with several trims for each including hybrids. Buick's sedans are dated--on dated platforms, with dated engines. Saturns are on more modern platforms with modern engines. Seems obvious Buick would have fewer sales. I was speculating when the Invicta comes out... that's more a fair game.

1. 01' Buick Regal, Dad has purchased 98 rivera(still only has 50lk on it) bought a 2000 lesabre which he traded in on a brand new Lucerne in 06'

2. I wanted to purchase the new body Lacrosse(assuming I will like it) or a used Enclave(only cuz I can't afford a new one)

Also, I am not yet 30 so buick has many years/models to count on my support!