C&G GMC Truck Census

For me:

1. 1

2. yes - GMC Sierra X-Cab 4x4 SLT if GM ever gets of it's a@@ and offers the 6-speed auto. If they'd offered the X-Cab 4x4 with the 6-speed at launch, they'd already have my money. Even better would be the All-Terrain equipment without the Z-71 suspension and rancho shocks and a sunroof option and a DI 5.3 V-8.

1. How many new GMCs have you purchased/leased since the 1998 model year?

2. Do you intend to purchase/lease a new GMC in the next two model years?

1. Two (2001 Sonoma, 2005 Envoy; both leased)

2. Yes (assuming gas prices are not spiraling out of control still and new options are explored <i.e. Denali XT :AH-HA_wink: >)

2. Prolly never. I'd buy a Chevy any day, but I do like the All Terian Serria's and Denali Series. I am not a GMC fan tho so go figure.

That's a shame, seeing as how you're such a Pontiac fan and the fact that GMC & Pontiac have had a long-time affair together :scratchchin:

I am not unhappy if people buy a GMC but I like the look of the Silverado over the Sierra any ways. The All Terrain is tempting as is a nice Denali Sierra but still no. Sorry GMTruckGuy I have never been a big GMC fan. Although a buddy of mine has a 2000 Sierra SL Regular Cab long box SL work truck in gold/ebony with a 325ci. Vortec 5.3L and it drives nice and has great pick-up.

1)-1-1999 Sierra. Now has 54000 miles.Have had to replace fuel pump,all the rotors, one front wheel hub and ALL the brake lines-rust.

2) Nope,I learned my lesson.Sorry,I like the truck but will drive it until the frame rusts=can't see getting a new one.

For me AND the 'rents:

1. Never new, just an ancient 60's truck and a 70's van.

2. Possible, but not probable now that trucks and even crossovers aren't that hot to us anymore. Almost briefly did an Acadia and before started off wanting a Yukon XL and ended up with a Suburban. Not likely.

1. 0

2. We Test-Drove and Liked the Acadia. We WOULD have leased one instead of buying the Impala if it had decent fuel economy. If they can squeeze another 2-3 MPG City out of it by 2010 then we might yet buy one.