C&G Saab Census

1. 0

2. When I test drove a 9-3 I fell in love withe quirkiness of the car...however currently I would only consider used, as nothing the make or have in the pipeline (all of one CUV that we've actually seen spyshots of) excites me the way a RWD muscle car or sports sedan does.

Edited by Dodgefan

1. 0

2. If the 9-1 doesn't lose much from the latest 9-x concept, then it's on the radar. Otherwise, no new Saabs (though a CPO post-refresh 9-3 is a sleeper option)

1) 2 --> 2005 9-3 Linear and 2005 9-2X Aero

2) Probably not. If a stunner of a 9-3 showed up by 2010, I'd consider it. Would also consider a 2011 9-4X to replace the Vue IF it has a turbo 4 cyl. with decent performance (0-60 in upper 7 second range) and above average gas mileage.

attn ZL-1

1. 2004 9-3 auto, 2005 9-3 manuel

2. look at 2010/9-1, I'm tired of 4 door cars

Thx for the reply!

I'll take a look at the 9-1 or anything they do that is Astra-sized. For me it will be about getting something bigger than the MINI but keeping the hatchback versatility.

Edited by ZL-1

1-9-3

2- Next car will definably be either as 9-3 or 9-5 Sports Combi. As Bob Lutz say's, SAAB is the sweetheart of GM and he's right. They still have unique styling, although not as quirky as in the past, and have a Scandinavian inspired interior copied by no-one. My 9-3 manual weighs under 3,200 lbs, and still gets a 5 star crash rating. Why can't other manufactures get the weight down like SAAB can.(that includes every other thing GM builds other than the Vette). The Automotive future does not need Hybrids, it needs smaller, lighter vehicles', and for the majority of the nay sayers out there, get your fat ass away from the keyboard, because you are probably in just as bad shape as the Big 3.

Thx for the reply!

I'll take a look at the 9-1 or anything they do that is Astra-sized. For me it will be about getting something bigger than the MINI but keeping the hatchback versatility.

yup the hatchback versatility, I like the Astra alot, make it kind of Saab-ie like and it could be a blast to drive , yet fuel efficient as well. Hopefully it will be flex fuel as well.

The mini clubman is sort of odd yet appealing, but I'll wait for the 9-1.

b

1. How many new Saabs have you purchased/leased since the 1998 model year?

None

2. Do you intend to purchase/lease a new Saab in the next two model years?

Trying to get my pa to replace his S80 with a 9-3, but unfortunately buying cars in Hong Kong is just that expensive.