Speculation: Chrysler to Declare Bankruptcy

I hope they pull through. They are my favourite. Plus, they have the guts to put out their rear drive muscle coupe way before GM seems to have theirs ready.

Chrysler is bold. If they innovate as they have in the past, all may not be lost.

Edited by MyerShift

OH!!!!! BTW oh wise one....

My daily driver is a 2007 Chevrolet.

What is yours?

And I drive a VW. But I still love my home team!

Also, speculation blows. (pardon lack of eloquence)

i'd like to see chrysler hang around but honestly they need some new iron.

a buddy called me the other day and he was on a work trip. said he picked up his new rental.....a caliber, and man did he not have anything good to say about it. having tested one myself once, i could get where he was coming from.

Jeep's lineup i like, but they are hurt by gas prices. Compass and Patriot need interior upgrades. I like the Liberty, GC, and Commander if its still here.

Dodge should focus on a few core items and really try to modernize. But still have the most models. Chrylser should try to stick with 5 models or something.

I saw a couple crossfires the other day. In a way its sad that car didn't get love, but its roots were old. But they were going for big discounts recently. I bet an open air crossfire might even be as cheap as some mid priced kappas if you hunt right about now.

Also, speculation blows. (pardon lack of eloquence)

I'm reading how GM will be bankrupt on my MoPar board daily, everything they do seems to be terrible.

I come here and read the opposite.

LOL

Brand blindness is a funny thing.

I've always loved Mopars, weird and off the beaten path MoPars that is....

;)

(Only owned ONE VW!- 1969 Squareback!)

And your posts are worthwhile? You're a Chrysler humper, thats obvious, this is a GM fansite, also obvious, did you expect to come in here and convert people? If you did, you're a bigger idiot than FOG. Maybe you'd have a shot if Chrysler had anything appreciably better than any GM offering, but they dont, in fact their vehicles are far worse, Kia level, so you're not going to find many here to agree with you.

Quick question, and while I do agree with most of the lineup is sub-par, what do you think of the LX cars, Vioer, and new Ram? Besides being out of place in this era of panic and $4 gas of couse.

Edited by Dodgefan

Quick question, and while I do agree with most of the lineup is sub-par, what do you think of the LX cars, Vioer, and new Ram? Besides being out of place in this era of panic and $4 gas of couse.

As a Grand Cherokee owner and fan, I like the current Jeep lineup (except for the Compass), and am a fan of the LXes....yes, they could use better interiors, but they are the kind of cars I wish GM (and Ford) had been building this decade...modern, distinctly American RWD cars. The Viper is interesting, but I'd rather have a Corvette. The Ram is just another obese truck, nothing that would appeal to me.

I can answer that one, DF.

LX cars, owned one, decent car, but that was 15 years ago when they brought out that chasis and they no longer build it.

Viper, love it, saw a clean older one at a local Specialty car dealer (the toy Barn) for 37k, thought hard about going into debt...but it is more than I can handle right now. However, I do drive a Miata, and would be very interested in a Rear Wheel Drive Demon that was made somewhere other than China. IMHO Chrysler needs an affordable Sporty car.

I'll be checking out the V6 Challenger also...but they need a sporty small car, like the Neon R/T was. (Not even like the SRT-4, but the first gen R/T...something cheap that the Young, Fabulous, and fabulously broke can buy.)

New Ram, I'll take mine with a Cummins, please. I think a lot more of them after my friend Eric's Hemi Ram 4x4 was totaled. He was hit by a woman doing about 85 in a 350Z, Tore the Drivers side doors off of the truck and nearly seperated the bed from the truck, but Eric walked away. I have a lot of respect for how they built the truck after I saw how it stood up to that kind of collision. I am just utterly amazed.

Heres to hoping that Chrysler comes back, but they ain't gonna do it with Calibers, Sebrings and Compasses.

Chris

Edited by 66Stang

And your posts are worthwhile? You're a Chrysler humper, thats obvious, this is a GM fansite, also obvious, did you expect to come in here and convert people? If you did, you're a bigger idiot than FOG. Maybe you'd have a shot if Chrysler had anything appreciably better than any GM offering, but they dont, in fact their vehicles are far worse, Kia level, so you're not going to find many here to agree with you.

Actually I quite enjoy FOG. He may be a redneck, but I don't think he's an Idiot at all.

Chris

As a Grand Cherokee owner and fan, I like the current Jeep lineup (except for the Compass), and am a fan of the LXes....yes, they could use better interiors, but they are the kind of cars I wish GM (and Ford) had been building this decade...modern, distinctly American RWD cars. The Viper is interesting, but I'd rather have a Corvette. The Ram is just another obese truck, nothing that would appeal to me.

Silly me, I forgot about the Jeeps :P Really the only crappy one of the lineup is the Compass. Everything else fits the brand and looks pretty good. They do need better interiors though, except the Wrangler, since the interior fits it's tough image.

:pokeowned: Screw em all, Let Chrysler, Ford and GM go Bankrupt and Toyota buy them all to be the world best and biggest auto Dealer. :AH-HA_wink:

:pokeowned: Screw em all, Let Chrysler, Ford and GM go Bankrupt and Toyota buy them all to be the world best and biggest auto Dealer. :AH-HA_wink:

Over the last week I've realized how much Toyota's logo resembles IBM Websphere's logo.... the Toyota logo, with a stylized T inside a circle, represents global domination, just like IBM.. and Websphere is a bloated POS of an app server.....so Toyota...

what do you think of the LX cars, Vioer, and new Ram?

I think the LX cars are exactly what is described above by moltar- "distinctively American RWD cars".

I bought one with our families hard earned cash, so I must obviously like them.

I think the Viper is gorgeous, and a great performing car. It ooozes personality. I think the Corvette offers better bang for the buck, but it doesn't offer the same kind of appeal as far as I'm concerned.

The new Rams are actually pretty nice. I've REALLY liked the Dodge Ram pickups since the 2002 or so, they are great trucks IMO.

The Calibers are entry level cars to me, they do what they do at a fairly cheap price to get into, but they aren't my cup of tea. Same goes for the Sebrings etc... The SRT4 Caliber appeals to the enthusiast crowd because it's an enthusiast's car, the base Caliber won't because it isn't IMO.

I just rented a PTCruiser, it's a cheap car, it was pretty good for what it was except for wind buffeting at highway speeds with the rear window(s) down. Thank God it had A/C, the buffeting drove me nuts!