CarSpotting

What do a Toyota Camry LE, Hyundai Azera Limited, Honda Accord, and a donked Mercury Grand Marquis (taller than our rental Pathfinder!) have in common? Carriage roofs. The Toyota even had curb feelers.

A more pleasant sight was the older Rolls-Royce (maybe one from the 70s) and the sky blue Bentley Continental Flying Spur.

I have seen 2 Prius rentals from Enterprise (we use them for our customers who need a rental). And something irks me... NO GREEN "E" STICKER, on either one! I am wondering if "somebody" (like Toyota?) has a policy against rental car agencies putting their mark on these golf carts?

About a month ago I saw 3 of the new Ford F-150s in a hotel parking lot. Didn't really think much about it the time, but I haven't seen these on dealer lots or on the street....are they even on the market yet?....and if not, why were these 3 on the street?

A BMW X6 in Isle of Palms, SC with Georgia distributor plates. I managed to snap a picture of it:

025zq3.jpg

It's none too attractive, IMHO.

A black '09 Challenger heading south on I-95 through Cumberland County, NC. Looked pretty nice.

Also, there is a rather large freight truck graveyard just north of Florence, SC, near exit 169 off I-95.

Saw one of those new BMW X5s in blue...it almost reminds me of the AMC Concord 4x4 stationwagons.

They sure are taking a chance on something like that.

Walking along on a beautiful sunny day, I spied this in a back alley.

Nissan Pao:

nissanpaosx6.jpg

Incredible sightings today in the hot, sunny, trendy area....

New Rolls Royce Convertible....wow.

Last generation Rolls vert.

Ford GT....the light blue one with orange stripes

Jensen Healy convertible

New Ferrari convertible

Olds Omega Coupe, first generation....never ever see those.

I saw the most dismal thing tonight.

A Ford Windstar with Buick style portholes.

White '02-ish Deville with huge rims and three square portholes per side. I wanted to grab the kid by his turned-up collar, shake him and tell him "NUMBER ONE, THESE BELONG ON A BUICK, AND NUMBER TWO, YOU HAVE A NORTHSTAR, IT'S AN EIGHT CYLINDER, DID YOU EVEN KNOW THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE NUMBER OF PORTHOLES ON A BUICK FENDER, FOO?" But if I'd done that, I prolly wouldn't have been able to post this mini-rant, I'd have been waiting in the ER for 6 hours with a cap in my ass.

Yeah, you learn not to bother telling douchebags anything. Though we understand portholes to be championed by Buick, these people (and the manufacturers) are inspired by Maserati using them on their latest cars.

Saw my first X6 (silver) around town today, with Jersey plates. Nope, still don't like it. It would have been better as a car, not an X3+X5+M Coupe amalgamation.

Also, a Dodge Magnum R/T... the second one I've seen that have the regular letters RT on the back instead of the regular stylized R/T. First time I saw it I thought it was a joke, but I guess not...

On my way home from camping today, I stopped at the local Chevy dealer. They have a dark blue '08 Cobalt SS, optioned with sunroof, LSD, low spoiler, and MP3 stereo. It's amazing how the SS is so transformed from the basic Cobalt with just a few exterior changes. My first sight of one. Very hot.

The today show:

-saw a Nissan GT-R downtown, that pearl off-white color.

-and a silver new Challenger heading down Crenshaw.

So the machines for the enthusiasts are hitting the streets.

Haven't seen much else that I haven't posted about before. Though I do take a look at what folks are putting up for sale, and I caught a early 70s Ninety Eight 4-dr. on Robertson. Would be nice if I didn't have gas prices to worry about (seem like a great car for dates).

There's a small car lot/repair shop near where I live which has a 1950 Chevrolet pick-up truck (with the paint all but worn off) and it's written on the windshield "V-6." Right next to it is a beige and wood 1946 Dodge truck that looks like one good wind would reduce it to a pile of sticks. It used to say "$5,000" on the windshield, but now it says "$ 000." <_< Evidently it's been reduced to what it's worth.

In my neighborhood AutoZone's parking lot, I noticed a black '04-ish Pontiac Grand Prix 4-door with three fake portholes. I felt like yelling to the guy, "Get those off of there." But it's his car.

They're on everything now from Civics to late-model 3-series. Now I know why all these douchebags love to yell "rice rice rice"* these days. It's because so many car owners tastes are frickin' tacky.

*Doesn't mean I advocate or condone that term.

They're on everything now from Civics to late-model 3-series. Now I know why all these douchebags love to yell "rice rice rice"* these days. It's because so many car owners tastes are frickin' tacky.

*Doesn't mean I advocate or condone that term.

Of course, every generation has it's tacky accessories. The big thing when I was young was the tinted headlight covers, bras, and huge windshield banners with the make or model on it. I never got into that crap, though..

I saw the 'stealth' Century again today..I've seen this car every day over the last week, it's a late '90s Century painted flat black all over---wheels, grille, chrome trim, etc. Reminds me of an OCP Taurus from Robocop.

Of course, every generation has it's tacky accessories. The big thing when I was young was the tinted headlight covers, bras, and huge windshield banners with the make or model on it. I never got into that crap, though..

Ah, the 80s. The time for hatch louvers, chrome ladies, gold leaf, and dual-blade windshield wipers.

The today show:

-saw a Nissan GT-R downtown, that pearl off-white color.

-and a silver new Challenger heading down Crenshaw.

So the machines for the enthusiasts are hitting the streets.

Haven't seen much else that I haven't posted about before. Though I do take a look at what folks are putting up for sale, and I caught a early 70s Ninety Eight 4-dr. on Robertson. Would be nice if I didn't have gas prices to worry about (seem like a great car for dates).

I saw a sharp gold w/ black top '72 Ninety-Eight 4dr ht on Hwy 1 in the Florida Keys a week ago Sunday. Neat to see those old yachts being driven.

2 black Charger SRT8s

red 300C SRT8

a bunch of k-car

some crazy guy in a hardtop Mercedes :P

Black is just a great car for the modern Charger. They also look totally bad ass as cop cars. The City my daughters middle school is located in has Charger cop cars...and it is one of the few times I'm happy to drive through a speed trap.

Chris

Saw an orange Challenger w/ black stripes (going North on the 5, through the OC).

Been seeing a few SSR's, lots of Kappas. Even seen a few G8's.

I've seen a few G8's also. this car is WORTH all of the hype it is getting....impressive car!

Chris

This morning, saw a Solstice Coupe/Targa with a MI manufacturer plate (but NO camo at all) on West Sahara here in Las Vegas!

Glad to have you back O.C., don't be shy about coming round, eh?

Chris