Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

GMC Envoy?

jbartley

I think the rake of the sides is too great to be that of a BoF SUV, it just looks like it was styled off of a car platform. It looks fabulous BTW. That interior could easily go in a lexus. As far as the need for the gmt360s, i agree that they seem almost superflous at this point if we're having v8 powered lambdas. But chevy doesn't get a lambda (right now), so they would still need the trailblazer. If they can redesign it, make it lighter with a 6-speed and greater fuel economy i don't think most buyers care if it's body on frame or unibody based. I'd just think GM would be better off getting more economies of scale by just giving chevy it's own lambda and leave the body on frame people with a tahoe or a silverado, or a colorado if they want something a little smaller.

I think the rake of the sides is too great to be that of a BoF SUV, it just looks like it was styled off of a car platform.  It looks fabulous BTW.  That interior could easily go in a lexus. 

As far as the need for the gmt360s, i agree that they seem almost superflous at this point if we're having v8 powered lambdas.  But chevy doesn't get a lambda (right now), so they would still need the trailblazer.  If they can redesign it, make it lighter with a 6-speed and greater fuel economy i don't think most buyers care if it's body on frame or unibody based.  I'd just think GM would be better off getting more economies of scale by just giving chevy it's own lambda and leave the body on frame people with a tahoe or a silverado, or a colorado if they want something a little smaller.

[post="35251"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Chevy will be getting a Lambda minivan - but not a crossover. There is still a demand for a truck based SUV like the Explorer and Trailblazer for those folks who have a boat or that want 4WD. The Lambda crossovers will fill the void for those folks who want to have three rows of seats, not drive a minivan but not want the poor fuel economy of a body on frame SUV.

With Chevy getting a Lambda minivan - the Trailblazer will be a great fit for the SUV demand and will probably sell at a lower price point than the Lambda trio. This will help to emphasize chevy's value promise.

I like everything I am seeing about the Lamda trio - I just fear the price that these will command.

3 vents in the center stack? I guess there wont be seprate vents for the rear..

[post="35245"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The current GM CSV's have 3 vents in the center stack and have rear vents as does the DCX minivans.

Having 3 vents in the center stack has no bearing on the rear. It is safe to say that these will have a rear A/C system.

I have to be honest with you guys. I'm slightly dissapointed with the interior. I was expecting something extraordinary but instead it looks like every other interior out there on the market. There's nothing original about it. Maybe my view will change when we see the final product. Sorry for the buzz-kill.

I have to be honest with you guys.  I'm slightly dissapointed with the interior.  I was expecting something extraordinary but instead it looks like every other interior out there on the market.  There's nothing original about it.  Maybe my view will change when we see the final product.  Sorry for the buzz-kill.

[post="35406"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Some would consider getting GM interiors on par with other best in class interiors to be extroardinary. Interiors have been one of GM's biggest problem areas. Personally, I'm quite pleased. Just compare this to the current TrailBlazer interior and I think you have to agree that they've really come a long way.

The UV8 is the eventual replacement for the Northstar I believe. It's 4.7L in displacement according to AH-HA, DOHC, should have all the goodies. I'm guessing it'll have 360+ HP in Cadillacs to match the new BMW engine, but probably around 300HP in the Lambdas.

Maybe.  I wouldn't be surprised if there was no Envoy XL for sure.

[post="35338"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I hope the XL stays, even though it is almost as large and heavy as a Yukon. I like the looks of the LWB GMT360's.

I think the interior is top of the class. The Pilot, Highlander, Freestyle, and others have nothing over it.

And, if GMC<Saturn<Buick, then the Saturn will be nicer than this, and the Buick will be kickass.

[post="35490"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Very true. The recent Saturn interiors have been very tasteful and if the Lucerne is any indication of the direction that Buick is headed - then their crossover should have an excellent interior.

I was taking another look at the pictures and even though I think someone already pointed this out, I don't like the steering column. It's big, blocky and does not fit with the rest of the interior. It jumps out at you. Then again, it is preproduction.

The UV8 is the eventual replacement for the Northstar I believe. It's 4.7L in displacement according to AH-HA, DOHC, should have all the goodies. I'm guessing it'll have 360+ HP in Cadillacs to match the new BMW engine, but probably around 300HP in the Lambdas.

[post="35524"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

So will it be Northstar 2.0, or is the name going away with it?

Yeah that's definitely the Acadia, and it looks like it has a long wheelbase. And since these Lambda's are rumored to seat 8 (kudos to GM!!), I'm thinking this will replace the Envoy XL. Personally, I think it should be restyled and sent to Chevy and also replace TrailBlazer EXT in the process, and give Equinox potential buyers a step-up and Honda Pilot a run for its money. I'm also questioning how this will affect GMC as a brand-I really don't think what essentially is a front-drive car is going to help GMC as a TRUCK division, but as of right now, its a little late now.

People, AGAIN--THIS IS THE ACADIA! If it were REALLY the Envoy, don't you think you'd instead see frame rails and a solid rear axle? The independent control arms under the back of this mule kinda show that it DEFINATELY is something new. Plus the fact that we pretty much already know the "next" GMT-360's won't change that much at all.

People, AGAIN--THIS IS THE ACADIA!

If it were REALLY the Envoy, don't you think you'd instead see frame rails and a solid rear axle?  The independent control arms under the back of this mule kinda show that it DEFINATELY is something new.

Plus the fact that we pretty much already know the "next" GMT-360's won't change that much at all.

[post="36083"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I don't think anyone said it was the Envoy, they were just talking about the rumor that the Lambdas might replace the GMT360s.

Some people still thought it was, for whatever reason, hence my post. Regardless, will ALL of the first three Lambda's, the Enclave, the Acadia, and the Outlook have 3 rows of seats? Any ideas on any first-time or interesting features? Edited by caddycruiser

I'm pretty sure they'll all have 3 rows of seats, as they're SRX-sized or bigger I think. I've heard they'll have a power liftgate, but not much else about the features. According to an insider that I've read posts at other places from, the interior in the Outlook is the best from GM ever, and even better than the new Escalade's, at least in terms of design.

I'm pretty sure they'll all have 3 rows of seats, as they're SRX-sized or bigger I think.

I've heard they'll have a power liftgate, but not much else about the features.

According to an insider that I've read posts at other places from, the interior in the Outlook is the best from GM ever, and even better than the new Escalade's, at least in terms of design.

[post="36136"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well that sounds good http://www.cheersandgears.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/AH-HA_wink.gif

What about the powertrains? The 3.6L and the 5.3L? Hope to god there's no pathetic 3.5 or any 4-spd auto underneath the skin of ANY of them. That'll just be instant death.

Well that sounds good http://www.cheersandgears.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/AH-HA_wink.gif

What about the powertrains?  The 3.6L and the 5.3L?  Hope to god there's no pathetic 3.5 or any 4-spd auto underneath the skin of ANY of them.  That'll just be instant death.

[post="36156"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

3.6L and 4.7L UV8 will be the engines according to AH-HA. I think they'll all have 6-speeds standard.

You guys must be able to see more in that fuzzy interior photo than I can. Such as the quality of the materials, which will be key. The sweep of the center stack into the console reminds me of the Saturn VUE, and we all know what people think of that one. By the way, I haven't been back in a while and had to create a new account. I remember some trouble with hackers about the time I last visited. A lot of account info end up getting wiped?

You guys must be able to see more in that fuzzy interior photo than I can. Such as the quality of the materials, which will be key.

The sweep of the center stack into the console reminds me of the Saturn VUE, and we all know what people think of that one.

By the way, I haven't been back in a while and had to create a new account. I remember some trouble with hackers about the time I last visited. A lot of account info end up getting wiped?

[post="36316"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yes, sir. Very unfortunate but we're on stable grounds.