Political Correctness

K.C.

Dear [ genderless pronoun ]:

We are in receipt of your inquiry and will take it under advisement whereby we shall form a committee to study it and "run it up the ol' flagpole and see who salutes." On second thought, we must delete that last phrase for fear of offending someone by mentioning the flag.

Respectfully yours,

Ed McMahon and the Prize Patrol :P

Political correctness is just one more step down the path to total social collapse. In an effort to offend no one, we end up pleasing no one.

Gosh, the reason I started this is because I made one harmeless joke and someone got offended and started chucking a spaz. I just told them to f@#k off. Typical oversensitive neurotic.

Edited by K.C.

Gosh, the reason I started this is because I made one harmeless joke and someone got offended and started chucking a spaz. I just told them to f@#k off. Typical oversensitive neurotic.

every day i find more and more of those people and i wonder how the hell i am going to work around all those asses.

At my sister's wedding about 15 years ago, my black cousin and I got drunk together and we traded horror stories about his growing up 'black' in highschool and my growing up 'gay.' He played hockey, hung out with the guys and whenever he heard a racial slur, he would laugh it off or turn it around in a humorous way. His brother, on the other hand, turned every perceived offense into a personal attack and was constantly in the Principal's office or had the cops bringing him home.

There is a right way and a wrong way to handle a jerk, but the definite wrong way is by becoming a jerk yourself.

How about we all dump the artificial and bloodless "Political Correctness" and replace it with honest respect?

That'd be great, but I think that a good part of the population is too far gone.

We can definitely do that here though. :)

How about we all dump the artificial and bloodless "Political Correctness" and replace it with honest respect?

for people that can show that, HERE HERE. but alas, alot cannot do that most of the time.... and not everyone can do that all the time.

for shame camino, what would all those lawyers do for a living when all those harrasment and whatever else kind of cases fall by the wayside? think of their children... who come to think of it probably get whatever they want and... yeah lets go with the respect after all.

I've tried that, and the problem with it is that respect must be given, but it must also be earned, and so few people understand that anymore.

I've tried that, and the problem with it is that respect must be given, but it must also be earned, and so few people understand that anymore.

We're talking about just between adults, right? 'Cause the rules are different when they involve kids.

We're talking about just between adults, right? 'Cause the rules are different when they involve kids.

Yes, the only kids I really talk to are my own, and their friends, and they get my sense of humor. I guess I should feel good that they have more personality than the average adult. I'd shoot myself if my children had the personalities of a dial tone.