Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MRDETROITMETAL

2010 Chevy Caprice

14 posts in this topic

This is a WIP....just fleshed out the basic shape....thought I would open this to your ideas ???....before I finish it up.

post-1820-1215227605_thumb.jpg

Nice start. The grille/headlight setup is particularily nice. I'd say it needs to be a little crisper to keep with the times. Some chrome around the side glass would be nice too.

THX....here is where I got so far....crisper & more defined...IDK what else to do tho at this point ? Maybe it is done ? :

caprice10ny0.jpg

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

The wraparound rear window is an absolute NO. Not on a Caprice ever (except the ~'78 coupe, yes I know what you were about to Google); not on a luxury sedan ever, not on a modern car ever. No.

But other than that that's a pretty snazzy, classy ride. Not bad an interpretation.

^ LOL....OK, I was wondering about that too !!...THX...I will change it & a few little details I messed up as well !!! :scratchchin:

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Ooo...I like that.

RWD?

It needs the Caprice emblem, too.

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"My heart is like an open highway" ... BonJovi ... 'It's My Life'

I agree that the wraparound needs to go. However, I'd also say that it's too bland in a world full of Camry and Impala. It needs to stand out a bit more like the Charger...

I definitely agree with NOS, that it needs to stand out more. But I'm afraid of what you might do to make it stand out!

Started with an STS right?

Yeah it was an STS to start....I was pretty constrained in the design...on purpose. Have to think about it some more.

I like it except the front. It's not ugly but not particularly memorable. The car itself is pretty handsome but kind of bland...which is scarey considering who did the chop. :P

I like it except the front. It's not ugly but not particularly memorable. The car itself is pretty handsome but kind of bland...which is scarey considering who did the chop. :P

LOL....THX.

never underestimate MR METAL !!.... :rolleyes:

I am still working this a bit more...any ideas are welcome....I fixed the rear window already...but am still kinda stuck as to what to do next ?

It's a good call to stay conservative. I think the very idea of a Caprice is conservative to begin with. I think the headlights could be stretched wider a bit, toward the tires. They look a little diminished. Also, I like the grille inlay taking from the Volt, but that sort of grille itself has been overplayed at Chevy, with the ugly previous-gen Malibu, the cheap looking Cobalt, the old previous-gen Impala, etc. I'm thinking something more like the Malibu--though I'm not sure I like the idea of Chevy trying to give every single car the same profile, the same shape, and almost identical faces (Audi anyone?).

Edited by Zulehan

Try a face more along the lines of the new malibu, that might liven up the front.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0