Chevrolet Gallery

This has to be one of the hottest looking Corvair customs I've ever seen....it has an LS7 engine in that rear. Take that Ralph!!!...whack!

I never tire of that roofline and those porportions...

corvaircostumeca7.jpg

Edited by HarleyEarl

Harley, your 11:55 pm post has to be a rebodied Corvair. There were several concept cars based on the Corvair, some made by European coachbuilders. I may have seen it before in photos from a different angle, but I cannot name it. It's pretty tho.

Harley, your 11:55 pm post has to be a rebodied Corvair. There were several concept cars based on the Corvair, some made by European coachbuilders. I may have seen it before in photos from a different angle, but I cannot name it. It's pretty tho.

It indeed is a rebodied Corvair...by Pininfarina. It's a good looker for sure. I'd seen others, but didnt know about this one.

Frankly, we could post a rusted exhaust pipe from a '60's Chevy and it would look better than 95% of what is on the road today.

cletus, I :lovey: the '90-'93 Chevy 454SS! If I had the money, I'd try to get one. There's one in the local Auto Shopper magazine; it's garage-kept and has about 20k miles on it, but the asking price ($20k) is definitely not in my ballpark! Other than the whopping 10 MPG, did you like it? When I sold new cars back in '99-'00, the manager there downplayed the 454SS they once had, saying it wasn't as fast as he thought it would be (but he did like their Syclone better, so I can't fault him too much!).

Isn't that the truth!!!!

Luv your era of Chevys.

Here's the 1970:

70ar5.jpg

1970 was the last 'good' year for the full size Chevy's, IMO. After that, only the 'big' coupes were interesting to me. The 1970 Caprice and the '67 Impala are my two favorite Chevys from that era.

cletus, I :lovey: the '90-'93 Chevy 454SS! If I had the money, I'd try to get one. There's one in the local Auto Shopper magazine; it's garage-kept and has about 20k miles on it, but the asking price ($20k) is definitely not in my ballpark! Other than the whopping 10 MPG, did you like it? When I sold new cars back in '99-'00, the manager there downplayed the 454SS they once had, saying it wasn't as fast as he thought it would be (but he did like their Syclone better, so I can't fault him too much!).

Got that my senior year in high school. it belonged to a friend of my dads. they went to the winston race where they debuted and he said right then and there he was getting one. sold his 74 vette and bought one at ward smith chevrolet in seneca sc. sadly he passed away in 96 from cancer and the truck went into storage. in 99 her son was about to start to drive and she didnt want him in it, though while she wasnt home he was taking it into a new subdivision and smokin the tires off it. i got it with 32k miles on the clock for 10 grand. needed some buffing and an new exhaust and there was some scratchesin the bed from one of their family members hauling wood in it. i actually had a friend that got the cat off and a straight pipe, it was the sweetest sounding beast i ever heard, in fact i recorded the idle and saved it on a memory card. owned it 4 years, wound the clock up to 73K miles, and won many a street race with it. traded it back to the same dealership it was purchased from cept it had changed owners. they sold it to a guy in alabama on ebay. i put my number in the the owners manual and he called but i didnt have my phone on me to talk. the window sticker merp on it was $18,950 lil pricey for 90

by the way they are doing thing on spike tv where they are putting a 92 ford lightning against a 90 ss 454, they did a head cam and intake swap and some exhaust work and are churnin round 400 hp with it. maybe 450hp

Edited by cletus8269

Hey cletus, that's a damn nice Impala!

thank you blu, it was my grandparents. they parked it in 87 and gave it to me for my first car, what i drove all through high school. i finally graduated college and got a job about 3 years ago and put the majority of what i have earned into it cause i knew when a house and married life came along if it wasnt done it was never going to be. sheepishly i admit that i farmed it out and in hindsight i wish i had done it myself but the resto shop(if you could call them that cause we aint exactly happy with each other) had ties with a big to do local engine guru so i got a stout mill in the fenders. she is my pride and joy.

i've been told the rarest are the white with grey interior, never actaully seen a white one in person.

i'm shocked one of these hasnt popped up yet 62 bubble top bel air most went straight to this

1962belair409aug252005lf1024.jpg

1962belair409nhraopensep32005englfready7

just has nice clean lines

SCR79999998.JPG

Edited by cletus8269

This has to be one of the hottest looking Corvair customs I've ever seen....it has an LS7 engine in that rear. Take that Ralph!!!...whack!

corvaircostumeca7.jpg

The LS7 is fake, its just a cover i talked to the owner at a local car show.

You can tell because the flywheel would basically be right against the bumper.

corvaircostumeca7.jpg

seen this corvair in popular hotrodding a while back

Edited by cletus8269