Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MRDETROITMETAL

2010 Monte Carlo

8 posts in this topic

It almost had a chance, though not as a Monte Carlo... and then I saw the front end.

It almost had a chance, though not as a Monte Carlo... and then I saw the front end.

Yeah it is pretty adventurous for a MC, as is the new Riv upon which this is based....I was not sure of the front either, but something along these lines seems appropo IMO....here is the other version of the front ;

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index...showtopic=24509

^ some how I need to bring these 2 together as the same car...??

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Yeah I don't like the front. Looks too 90's. If you made the chrome bar into a part of the body instead of just a bar of chrome that looks glued to the front, it'd look a lot more current. The idea of no C-pillar was a cool idea in the early 90's, but when Olds tried that with the Cutlass coupe, as did Mercury with the first-gen Sable, it turned out ugly.

Another thing is that starting out with the Riv, you'd have to really change up the forms on the side; as it is, it just screams Buick, with flowing sensuous curves and almost a sweepspear. Besides, you just can't have a Monte Carlo without the fender swoops. The only Monte without those was just a two-door Lumina. It looked like a suppository.

Hmmm, I hear what your say'in....good suggestions. Part of that is my fault for not accenting the front fender design properly,...and I also agree with your "chrome bar" comment...as for the back pillar, IMO thats a design that needs to return as it is distinctive & paractical,...But, lemme see what I can do here...& THX Bro !

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Not bad.... not at all retro but I guess it could work as a modern day M.C.

That rear window & roofline is quite 1988 Cutlass Supreme 2dr. :P

It's interesting, and Damn, 68! Where have you been?

Hmmm, I hear what your say'in....good suggestions. Part of that is my fault for not accenting the front fender design properly,...and I also agree with your "chrome bar" comment...as for the back pillar, IMO thats a design that needs to return as it is distinctive & paractical,...But, lemme see what I can do here...& THX Bro !

I do wish the C-pillar idea was done right in the 80's/90's. But I'm afraid that unless someone pulls it off flawlessly and in a fresh way, everyone's just gunna see the Cutlass or the Sable (among other cars that tried the idea and failed as well).

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room