Cobalt name changing to Cruze

Cruze  

79 members have voted

1. 1. What Do You Think of the New Name for Chevy's New Compact Car?

• Love it! I'll be Cruzin' to the Chevy dealer to buy one as soon as I can.
    • Hate it. Chevy is Cruzin' for a bruzin' in the compact car segment
    • Doesn't bother me. Cavalier, Cobalt, Cruze...it doesn't matter as long as the car is good.

Because No-Va was such a hit in Spanish speaking countries the first time around.

I'd rather have a "Chevy NO GO" than a Toy-oh-duuh Yah-riss. :lol:

I don't like it now, but just like the Cobalt name, which I also didn't like at the beginning, I'm sure it'll grow on me.

Right now it it makes me think of some MINI-sized import.

You're right. But what it's making me think of is like a Kia... a car brand I would never buy from.

Pssst, Chevrolet will also launch a station wagon version of the Cruze, for those of you that have been pinning for a wagon, like oldsmoboi has been doing of late. :smilewide:

size does matter. It needs to be larger..like Malibu or Impala sized.... and I'm guessing the wagon will just be the HHR replacement.

Dufus, that is so widely reported as an example of an unsubstantiated urban myth you really should know better by now. It did so well they've used it over and over again already. Only english speakers think it is spanish for "no go". Memories of the last Nova, the rebadged Toyota Sprinter that preceded the Prizm, the Holden Nova, and the Vauxhall Nova are greater problems.

:yes:

In fact, the Nova sold well in Latin American countries.

Dufus, that is so widely reported as an example of an unsubstantiated urban myth you really should know better by now. It did so well they've used it over and over again already. Only english speakers think it is spanish for "no go". Memories of the last Nova, the rebadged Toyota Sprinter that preceded the Prizm, the Holden Nova, and the Vauxhall Nova are greater problems.

pwnt

:pokeowned:

Not to mention "nova" in Spanish means the same as "nova" in English.

Who cares what the name is, we should be more concerned whether or not GM will finally be able to build a world-class compact. Cruze, Cobalt, Crapalier, doesn't make a whole lot of difference. Names like xB and tC didn't stop Scion from selling lots of those cars.

Cruze may actually appeal quite well to younger people, the people who will make up a good portion of the vehicle's sales.

Just because I think the name is odd is not going to keep me from buying the product if I like it......

Who cares what the name is, we should be more concerned whether or not GM will finally be able to build a world-class compact. Cruze, Cobalt, Crapalier, doesn't make a whole lot of difference. Names like xB and tC didn't stop Scion from selling lots of those cars.

Cruze may actually appeal quite well to younger people, the people who will make up a good portion of the vehicle's sales.

Just because I think the name is odd is not going to keep me from buying the product if I like it......

At least it is not sharing the first two alphabets with the competing product from Big T. <_<

Actually, it does share it's first letter with the competing product from Big T (Corolla), as well as Honda (Civic).

Edited by moltar

Guest aatbloke
Pssst, Chevrolet will also launch a station wagon version of the Cruze, for those of you that have been pinning for a wagon, like oldsmoboi has been doing of late. :smilewide:

I heard that GM sources stated that a wagon won't be joining the Cruze line-up to replace the Lacetti/Nubira wagon. Confirmed for Europe are a sedan, hatchback and mini-MPV (a la Ford C-Max), the latter of which will appear in concept form at the Paris show along with production versions of the sedan and apparently, the hatchback. A coupe-convertible and mini-CUV (Ford Kuga & VW Tiguan rival) are due to follow later.

Edited by aatbloke