Breaking up GM will be hard to do

you know that topic where someone posted the link that a tv station ran a report on the vibe and matrix.....people said they would not buy the American brand but then found out the two vehicles were the same, and then would they buy a Pontiac?

until we get our nation over that hurdle, this is all just high drama.

I did live in Houston at one time, near Westheimer & Dairy Ashford, zip was 77077. I loved Houston when I was there. However I grew up in Plano, Tx, which is North of Dallas. And yes I have a Texas accent when I let my guard down, but I work hard at masking that accent most of the time. :AH-HA_wink:

That's funny, my wife went to high school over there (Stratford) and grew up near Westheimer and Kirkwood.

Well, Houston is okay in a sense that there's tons of great restaurants and bars and an incredibly awesome, world class museum district (over by Rice University) - but beyond that, I don't really like living here. Way too hot in the summer and it's absolutely flat as a pancake (and I love hiking). After having lived in Colorado for a while, Eastern Texas is for the birds.

FOG used a good term, "sacred," I don't understand what it is about this brand that is so hallowed to GM management that they would axe Pontiac over it.

If you listen to Maximum Bob today, you'd have to conclude that Pontiac isn't out of the woods yet, but Saturn seems to be in much deeper $h! and more likely to be cut to me.