The Official MPG Thread

Or here's a thought: not everyone has to abide by someone else's definition of what makes a desriable car.

What a f@#king concept.

+1

It is amazing the number of people you would find that would rather drop whatever particular car into the crusher than look at it.

For what it is worth car guys need to stick together, to keep the government off of our back and keep enjoying our cars.

I didn't mean to sound harsh inmy previous posts, but I worry about cheers and gears. Sometimes I think we lack rationality and an understanding of what real world car buyers want/need in a car.

Sometimes I think this is why guys like CARBIZ, enzl, O.C., and Chris Doane don't post here as much as they could-I think they get sick of the stupidity.

Chris

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way man, cars are THE most important thing in the world. More important than family, friends, home, money, sex, war, peace, boobs, laughter, children, the elderly, responsibility, pride, puffy Cheetos, oxygen, nitrogen, movies, books, newspapers, computers, cockroaches, dirt and sloppy blowjobs from bulimic prostitutes.

I'm glad someone elses irony meeter is pegged.

BTW, Satty, back to m.p.g....how is the Prius doing?

Chris

I guess I should just try to be constructive then and agree when

members of this forum try to make a disposable-camera on four

wheels into something the likes of a Barrett Jackson featured

classic I'll just act stupid, as if my standards were that low too.

southparksmug313bb9.gif

Good for YOU!

My new '08 G6 GT coupe continues to impress in this regard. It's rated--and not good so--at 17/26 with the sport gearing of the GT. But real world the 3.5L is always a sipper and it gets off the line so easily, it's just loafing at no RPM most of my driving.

I've been averaging 23 daily, with a 13 mile drive of largely cruising (wherein I get 30-35 actually) but then also hitting red lights that I have to sit minutes at and re-accelerate. It's terrific. A few days when I breezed through only hitting one light for 5 seconds, my average from the driveway to work was 29.5. Compared to 14-17 with the Fleetwood LT1 in this driving, I'm elated, car payment and all--always a tradeoff, but I like this one.

Edited by caddycruiser

I'm glad someone elses irony meeter is pegged.

BTW, Satty, back to m.p.g....how is the Prius doing?

Chris

I took it out tonight, filled it up on the way home, did a little mathematical magic and came up with 44mpg. Not bad, but not great. Better than the Fusion, which has regressed, only got 26 out of my last tank.

Sad. :(

It will take you 150,000 miles of driving that G6 to make up for the car payment,

and you'll stil be paying more for insurance and repairs.

In the end, it's a G6, even if Bob Lutz signed the hood and a magical goose filled

your trunk full of golden eggs you'd still have traded DOWN!

No way man, cars are THE most important thing in the world. More important than family, friends, home, money, sex, war, peace, boobs, laughter, children, the elderly, responsibility, pride, puffy Cheetos, oxygen, nitrogen, movies, books, newspapers, computers, cockroaches, dirt and sloppy blowjobs from bulimic prostitutes.

That was beautiful :lol:

More important than puffy Cheetos? Srsly? I dunno about that. :P

Anyway, we've hijacked the thread enough.

I averaged 28.3 with the Intrepid.

It will take you 150,000 miles of driving that G6 to make up for the car payment,

In the end, it's a G6, even if Bob Lutz signed the hood and a magical goose filled

The best part of having a new car, though, is you don't have to deal with the old car headaches..the breakdowns, the constant repairs, etc. Plus, you get the modern features. 10 yr/100k mi is my limit for a daily driver.

Edited by moltar

A point about the 300M that you so called auto enthusiasts should know (it was disscussed on C&G not long ago).

It was designed to be the new Eagle Vision. It magically became a letter car in name and badge only.

Achieva milage right now: about 22MPG (90% city)

A point about the 300M that you so called auto enthusiasts should know (it was disscussed on C&G not long ago).

It was designed to be the new Eagle Vision. It magically became a letter car in name and badge only.

Yep.

From Allpar:

Originally slotted to be second-generation Eagle Vision, the 300M became a Chrysler at the last moment; there are photos of 300Ms with Eagle trim and badging, but the decision to eliminate Eagle came just in time for a quick readjustment. The use of the name 300M offended many familiar with the company’s history and would confuse would-be buyers for years, especially when the 300 and 300C were brought out, but it did make the launch much more public: the 300M made the covers or inside pages of just about every glossy car magazine, thanks largely to its links with the past. Once inside, reviewers were generally pleased, and some called the 300M the best big front-wheel drive car ever made — all things considered. The 250 horsepower engine pushed the massive vehicle with alacrity, but it was fine with sharp turns, too, and didn’t mind being driven around leisurely.

The 300M was given the LHS’ elegant, refined instrument panel, along with a similar interior, albeit devoid of some minor niceties available on the Concorde. The 300M, though, was shortened, primarily for sale in Europe, where the LH was simply too large; the shorter length also resulted in lower weight, for better acceleration. Aggressive gearing brought 0-60 times down to about 7.5 seconds, which was better than most of the original 300 letter cars, despite their fearsome Hemi and Wedge engines (to be fair, the originals also had better torque for instant-on acceleration). The ride is also firmer than the other LH cars, a tradeoff for superior handling - better than many cars with active suspensions.

The Chrysler 300M was benchmarked not against GM, Ford, and Toyota, but against the BMW 5-series. Based on the same platform as the $20,000 Intrepid and Concorde, the $30,000 300M is smaller (though you'd never know it from the interior), faster, firmer-riding, and better-handling. It still failed the Eurotest in some ways (no turbo option, no diesel option, no five-speed), but when it came out, most reviewers considered the comparison to be fair.

Edited by Dodgefan

OK, NOW I TAKE ISSUE WITH THAT

work buddy yesterday told me his element is only netting 22 mpg. nice box. My 500 is at 21.6 the last few tanks.

so much for honda economy

I saw a Prius on a flat bed tow truck.... hood was ajar.

----

My friend I grew up in Europe and watched Trabants &

much less crappy but not much bigger Skodas drive

past my school bus stop as a kid by the dozen with a

few but rare baby Mercedes or BMW cars on occaison,

but even I would not call the LH cars "big".

They're NOT fullsize IMHO, not even close, just cause

the interior was large due to the cab-forward styling

does not mean they're anything more than a midsize

car.... maybe the magazine rags think that a Ford 500

or Dodge Intrepid is full size but I'm not that blind.

If your Intrepid is FULL SIZE, than WTF "size" is a

Town Car or a DTS? :blink:

Super-FULL-size?

I saw a Prius on a flat bed tow truck.... hood was ajar.

----

My friend I grew up in Europe and watched Trabants &

much less crappy but not much bigger Skodas drive

past my school bus stop as a kid by the dozen with a

few but rare baby Mercedes or BMW cars on occaison,

but even I would not call the LH cars "big".

They're NOT fullsize IMHO, not even close, just cause

the interior was large due to the cab-forward styling

does not mean they're anything more than a midsize

car.... maybe the magazine rags think that a Ford 500

or Dodge Intrepid is full size but I'm not that blind.

If your Intrepid is FULL SIZE, than WTF "size" is a

Town Car or a DTS? :blink:

Super-FULL-size?

As I recall, a car's size class is determined by the the interior dimensions.

The Town Car has 108.7 cubic feet, only 4.2 cubic feet more than the Intrepid's 104.5 cubic feet total interior volume. That's not counting the trunk's volume.

As I recall, a car's size class is determined by the the interior dimensions. Anything sedan with an interior volume of over 120 cubic feet is classified as a full-size car. One of the things about modern cars is there space effieiceny VS older cars. This is why the new Accord is classified as a full-size car, as it's just over 120 cubic feet inside, even though it competes in the midsize segment.

To-Mato vs. Toma-To

I understand that interior volume... but it's still a stupid classification.

Exterior dimmensions are what SHOULD count.

I would not argue with a "cavernous-midsize" or "ultra-efficiently

packaged midsize" but for Krissake DF, remember the Green Monster?

You drove that and my/Fly's '76 LeSabre a few times... THOSE are

full size cars. Technically even my short-wheelbase '59 Buick is, IMO

just at the threashold of what is "full size".

FULL means FULL, just like there's no such thing as 101% there can

not be a whole range of mid-to-large cars called fullsize. That's my

point, again... the stupidity of the world in 2008.

And yes, before you ask I'll interject & say that Mercedes Benz was

smoking crack when they called the CLS with its' four doors & fat,

ugly b-pillar a "4-door coupe"

And don;t get me started on the VW Phaeton!!! :angry:

THIS is a FEEKIN' Phaeton... notice the complete lack of a roof!?

(among other things)

1929duesenbergmodeljduabu9.jpg

By the definition of interior dimmensions would Square, tall

crossovers like the Element be technically a FULL size car?

(it's a 4-cyl unibody 2wd tincan... NOT a truck!)

See how stupid that is!?

To-Mato vs. Toma-To

Not really... exterior dimensions don't measure the utility of a car, which is what the size classifications measure...interior volume is a practical measure, plus factor in the knee room, shoulder room, etc. Judging or categorizing a car simply by exterior dimensions is pointless.

Edited by moltar

Anything over a certain size is classified as a full size car, since that's the largest class they have for cars. Intrepids are certainly larger than midsize cars, although they were cross-shopped and compared with midsize cars from the competition..mainly because of price (you got a lot for the money) and well, they were so much better than the last gen Stratus.

Edited by Dodgefan

By the definition of interior dimmensions would Square, tall

crossovers like the Element be technically a FULL size car?

(it's a 4-cyl unibody 2wd tincan... NOT a truck!)

See how stupid that is!?

No, because it falls under a different segment (Crossover/SUV).

My new '08 G6 GT coupe continues to impress in this regard. It's rated--and not good so--at 17/26 with the sport gearing of the GT. But real world the 3.5L is always a sipper and it gets off the line so easily, it's just loafing at no RPM most of my driving.

I've been averaging 23 daily, with a 13 mile drive of largely cruising (wherein I get 30-35 actually) but then also hitting red lights that I have to sit minutes at and re-accelerate. It's terrific. A few days when I breezed through only hitting one light for 5 seconds, my average from the driveway to work was 29.5. Compared to 14-17 with the Fleetwood LT1 in this driving, I'm elated, car payment and all--always a tradeoff, but I like this one.

Speaking of new cars, the price on the G6 ragtop is dropping in the used market and since we already love our Miata...we are thinking seriously about getting a nice clean used low mi. G6 Convertible next year.

The G6 is one of those designs that kind of grows on you.

Chris

To-Mato vs. Toma-To

I would not argue with a "cavernous-midsize" or "ultra-efficiently

packaged midsize" but for Krissake DF, remember the Green Monster?

You drove that and my/Fly's '76 LeSabre a few times... THOSE are

full size cars. Technically even my short-wheelbase '59 Buick is, IMO

just at the threashold of what is "full size".

FULL means FULL, just like there's no such thing as 101% there can

not be a whole range of mid-to-large cars called fullsize. That's my

point, again... the stupidity of the world in 2008.

And yes, before you ask I'll interject & say that Mercedes Benz was

smoking crack when they called the CLS with its' four doors & fat,

ugly b-pillar a "4-door coupe"

And don;t get me started on the VW Phaeton!!! :angry:

THIS is a FEEKIN' Phaeton... notice the complete lack of a roof!?

(among other things)

1929duesenbergmodeljduabu9.jpg

That's a sweet lookin' car. Thanks for the Pic!

Chris

I took it out tonight, filled it up on the way home, did a little mathematical magic and came up with 44mpg. Not bad, but not great. Better than the Fusion, which has regressed, only got 26 out of my last tank.

This is the beautiful part of the Prius. Your really getting about 20 miles per gallon more out of a midsized car.

I've found few regular midsized automatic V6 cars will get better than about 23-25 on a regular basis.

But this is what I loved about the wonderful Concorde I owned. 28-29 m.p.g on a regular basis, even in the middle of an Ohio winter.

Chris

That was beautiful :lol:

More important than puffy Cheetos? Srsly? I dunno about that. :P

Anyway, we've hijacked the thread enough.

I averaged 28.3 with the Intrepid.

About what I got out of the Concorde. For a full sized car that you could load full of people and travel in comfort with...can't be beat by almost any other car.

Used to work with a guy named Pedro, older guy who drove gently. Drove from Columbus Ohio to Mexico City to see his family and back to Ohio. He kept all of his gas tickets to prove it...33 m.p.g. on the trip.

Try getting that out of a big Body on frame rear wheel drive car!

Chris

I actually think he's trded UP. I like the driving dynamics MUCH better on the G6 than the Fleetwood.

Plus I like slightly smaller cars. I'd have traded the fleetwood in on that G6 in a minute.

Chris

The best part of having a new car, though, is you don't have to deal with the old car headaches..the breakdowns, the constant repairs, etc. Plus, you get the modern features. 10 yr/100k mi is my limit for a daily driver.

Sometimes a new car can really pay off. I have a friend who just loves his new Accord. He travels for work and often leaves home at 2 or 3 in the A.M. He makes about 80 or 90 thou a year so the 26 thousand for the Accord was money well spent, IMHO.

Your right, sometimes it is nice to have peace of mind.

Chris

I always like the look of the Achieva. There was a rare performance version of the Achieva, forget what it was called.

There was one raced around here at SCCA events for awhile. I loved watching that thing come through the corners at Mid Ohio!

Again, nice car Ted.

...and I didn't know that about the Chrysler.

Chris

That's a sweet lookin' car. Thanks for the Pic!

Chris

Ur welkome.

THAT is an early 1930s Duesenberg SJ dual cowl phaeton.

Even if you made a G6 out of solid gold with diamonds

for headlights it would probably not be worth the $2+

million that Doosy is worth. Rightfully so. :wink:

Ur welkome.

Well, that's just exactly it. I really don't want to get in a flame war here. In a lot of ways I really respect you:

1. You post great pics of older cars...often this is the highlight of my day.

2. You opened my eyes to the beauty of the forgotten era-1958-1960-in American cars. I used to hate these cars, no I am really starting to like them. Thank you for that.

3. Your you-tube video's of the Camaro (1968, your old blue one) doing burnouts was Pricesless!

4. You ahve great pics of your own cars. I love your photographic talent and Dodgefans Photographic talent. I am honestly in green envy over what skill both of you have.

5. Your opinions are things I agree with more often than not...

That being said, no one is saying that modern cars like the G6 are EVER going to be the level of a Dusy or even a 68 Camaro. All of us here need to buy real cars in the real world, and we don't always buy "collector cars" for daily drivers. I'd drive a G6 in the snow in the middle of an Ohio winter, but I wouldn't drive the bannana Boat and I damned sure wouldn't drive a car like the B-59 or my old 55 or my old 71 Chevelle or omy old 66 Mustang or whatever.

We are basically saying that they have done a good job of building a modern, disposable appliance when we say we like certain modern cars.

Take my neighbor Katie for example. She is 18, just graduated from high school, and has driven a buick Regal for the last two years. She really loves that car, it is doing her a great job. It starts without effort when it is -20 and covered in ice. The AC blows ICE cold, and she drives it everywhere with her friends without a problem.

That being said, that Buick is just a disposable car, just like my dishwasher. I have a Bosh diswasher made in Germany, and it is a great dishwasher...but in the end I'm going to throw it out, just like Katie will "throw out" her Buick.

Don't get Sand in your Vagina Sylvester, we are all here with you on this one in a way.

By the way, I am in lust over-and going to buy from a local merchant- a mint condition Vaccuum cleanr for my wife and I (Hoover, 1937). There is a style and a class and a beauty to solid American (or German) made things from our previous era.

I want to get back to that Era very badly. In the mean time, I want Dodgefan to have a safe, comfortable car in case DF and Jessichan make a bambino knocking knees one night. Hence my suggestion for a 300. I am not saying that the 300 will ever be a classic car, but it would be a nice upgrade from the Intrepid.

Peace, Bro. Keep up the good work and keep posting pics.

Chris

Edited by 66Stang

Ur welkome.

Oh, yeah, and I like your tagline. I'd rather have someone come out and get in my face and argue than be a patsy. There are too many "pussies" in the world, and I respect your desire to debate things. All I ask is that we stay friend while debating them.

Chris

Oh, yeah, and I like your tagline. I'd rather have someone come out and get in my face and argue than be a patsy. There are too many "pussies" in the world, and I respect your desire to debate things. All I ask is that we stay friend while debating them.

Chris

Agreed. :CG_all:

I'll admit, sometimes I do get my proverbial panties in a bunch.....

usually it's because a Toyopet living-dead driver cut me off hours before. :wink:

About what I got out of the Concorde. For a full sized car that you could load full of people and travel in comfort with...can't be beat by almost any other car.

Used to work with a guy named Pedro, older guy who drove gently. Drove from Columbus Ohio to Mexico City to see his family and back to Ohio. He kept all of his gas tickets to prove it...33 m.p.g. on the trip.

Try getting that out of a big Body on frame rear wheel drive car!

Chris

After Sixty8's B-59 almost blew itself up from a bad waterpump less than 50 miles out, we came back to take another car. That poor thing was dragging its ass because we loaded it up with 4 people and our gear. We contemplated taking the Roadmaster he had then, but the dying transmission was a big no (although 68 still toyed with the idea, we decided against it). In the end we took the Intrepid, loader her up, no saggy butt, got 27-29 mpg going 80-90 mph most of he way to Tulsa. The only thing that broke was the cruise control light.

That road trip was so much fun, wish we could do it again.

We'll see how good your rear shocks/springs are in the Intrepid

when it is 48 years old... and for he record you guys had like

800 lbs. worth of stuff & there were four people in that car....

I'm only 160 & I was the lightweight by far.

Edited by Sixty8panther

We'll see how good your rear shocks/springs are in the Intrepid

when it is 48 years old... and for he record you guys had like

800 lbs. worth of stuff & there were four people in that car....

I'm only 160 & I was the lightweight by far.

Understandable, plus there was tools and stuff already in the trrunk if I remember correctly. I'm sure the RoadMonster would have handled the trip well too had the transmission not been on its way out.

You should get a wagon agaon...it's cooler than the sedan, especially with that sexy fake wood. :P

Anyway, this is getting old fast, I just got really annoyed when you liked my car to being on the same level on mundaneness as a freakin' Camry. Give some it credit man.

Edited by Dodgefan

Exageration... even if it was "slight" for effect. :wink:

No dodge, even a Mitsubishi rebadge, is as soul-less as a Camry.

And BTW, your used/new-to-you Panther is making me think

about picking up an ex-Mass State Trooper issue Ford Interceptor.

I've come close to buying them before.... it's just that damn FORD

logo on the grille always makes me reconsider. :P

Besides the windows, we've been quitehappy with the Pnather so far. She purs like a kitten (although I often wish she growled). If I could get those, aheadlight, and some damn hubcaps we'd be all set.

After Sixty8's B-59 almost blew itself up from a bad waterpump less than 50 miles out, we came back to take another car. That poor thing was dragging its ass because we loaded it up with 4 people and our gear. We contemplated taking the Roadmaster he had then, but the dying transmission was a big no (although 68 still toyed with the idea, we decided against it). In the end we took the Intrepid, loader her up, no saggy butt, got 27-29 mpg going 80-90 mph most of he way to Tulsa. The only thing that broke was the cruise control light.

That road trip was so much fun, wish we could do it again.

I wish I could do it with you...although next time, take the B-59.

Chris

Look at the bright side sixty eight, they circled the problem on the front of the car and were even kind enough to highlight it in blue.

Chris

66S:

Now that's hillarious!

As far as the B-59, when I get the motor back together

we'll see if I can finally get a PROPERLY rebuilt H2o

pump, I have managed to get a few phone numbers &

email addresses for people/machine shops that will do

a good job the first time. Since the meltdown and

engine teardown started I have aqcuired TWO cores,

not sure if they're usable but it's a start.

Rest assured DF/66S:

I WILL drive a '50s car coast to coast someday... unless

a Freightliner car-carrier full of rotted-frame Tacomas

breaks my Roadmonster in half tonight on my commute

home and makes soilent green pudding out of me. :wink:

Even cooler though would be a long-distance roadtrip in

a pre-war car powered by the block that it was built with!

Imagine a trip from Boston to say, North Carolina in a

1937 Buick bustleback sedan, not some silly SBC-350

powered, TH700 shifted, Mustang II front suspended,

12-volt converted & double resevoir master cylinder

coupled to four-wheel disk brakes, wearing AR cheesy

rims and raised white letter, low profile tires...

I mean a car that is 93% original, with oodles of patina

and all mechanicals rebuilt & road-tested.

I will admit that radial tires are a good investment for

ANY car that will be driven at over 45/50 mph.

Although, go figure, the Super 88's 1960s era bias-ply

tires were 100% trouble free for me... no air leaks,

which is mORE than I can say for many of my radials,

and I had the car at almost 100mph more than once

without any scary shake, balance problems.

How about coast to coast in a Camry? :)

Doing a coast-to-coast is a goal of mine also, but in something new or nearly new...a CTS would be great. I have driven from Michigan to Boston and back, Michigan to Baltimore, Michigan to Colorado, N. California to Colorado, Colorado to Arizona (several times), Ohio to Florida, but never coast to coast.

How about coast to coast in a Camry? :)

Excuse me... :yuck: I think I'm going... to... :puke:

I'd rather do it in the Dog-Van from Dumb & Dumber

than in a Toyopet anything... well, never say never

but certainly NO Camry-anything!

261650.jpg

20040326_Toyota2000GT.JPG

e.i.2006.mfs.toyota.celica.1973.turquois

77_ra28.jpg

2000gt_red_library340w2222.jpg

If it was cheap and in excellent condition, I MIGHT,

just MIGHT be tempted by either a '67 2000GT or

a Celica Hardtop.

66S:

Now that's hillarious!

As far as the B-59, when I get the motor back together

we'll see if I can finally get a PROPERLY rebuilt H2o

pump, I have managed to get a few phone numbers &

email addresses for people/machine shops that will do

a good job the first time. Since the meltdown and

engine teardown started I have aqcuired TWO cores,

not sure if they're usable but it's a start.

Rest assured DF/66S:

I WILL drive a '50s car coast to coast someday... unless

a Freightliner car-carrier full of rotted-frame Tacomas

breaks my Roadmonster in half tonight on my commute

home and makes soilent green pudding out of me. :wink:

Even cooler though would be a long-distance roadtrip in

a pre-war car powered by the block that it was built with!

Imagine a trip from Boston to say, North Carolina in a

1937 Buick bustleback sedan, not some silly SBC-350

powered, TH700 shifted, Mustang II front suspended,

12-volt converted & double resevoir master cylinder

coupled to four-wheel disk brakes, wearing AR cheesy

rims and raised white letter, low profile tires...

I mean a car that is 93% original, with oodles of patina

and all mechanicals rebuilt & road-tested.

I will admit that radial tires are a good investment for

ANY car that will be driven at over 45/50 mph.

Although, go figure, the Super 88's 1960s era bias-ply

tires were 100% trouble free for me... no air leaks,

which is mORE than I can say for many of my radials,

and I had the car at almost 100mph more than once

without any scary shake, balance problems.

Dude, I am a car guy at heart and this is singin my song.

Before I became an Electrician I worked in acabinet shop part time down on Hudson street here in Columbus. There was a buisiness next door called "Coachbuilt Motors" and they maintained a bunch of cars you'd give your eye teeth for (I'm talking V-16 Caddy's, Pre war Rolls, Packard, Pierce Arrow, etc.) That people toured the country with.

Personally I'd like a prewar Blower Bently, but it ain't never gonna happen...

My choice for the cross country trip is going to be a Miata. But I'd rather do it in something like an original 37 Chevy, just like you described.

Chris

Excuse me... :yuck: I think I'm going... to... :puke:

I'd rather do it in the Dog-Van from Dumb & Dumber

than in a Toyopet anything... well, never say never

but certainly NO Camry-anything!

261650.jpg

20040326_Toyota2000GT.JPG

e.i.2006.mfs.toyota.celica.1973.turquois

77_ra28.jpg

2000gt_red_library340w2222.jpg

If it was cheap and in excellent condition, I MIGHT,

just MIGHT be tempted by either a '67 2000GT or

a Celica Hardtop.

Nahh, you really need to do it in something like the 57 Cadillac 4 door hardtop you posted the link to in another thread.

The cross country thing would be WAYY to much fun in a car like that.

Chris

$$$$

Amelia is coming soon.... so that is going to put the

brakes on my spending/time for the time being,

perhaps a year or two (hopefully not that long) but

I think a more realistic roadtrip will happen when the

car is back together...

maybe to central NJ...?! :wink:

If there's one thing cooler than the '30s cars it's kids,

man Sofia is such a awesome, positive force in my

life, now that she's got a baby (half) sister coming

she's been talking about it quite a bit & is all excited.

17.04 MPG. And that includes my trip upstate, camping last weekend. Gasoline is down to $3.74 here for regular, but even at that low, low price, it still took more than $80 to fill 'er up last night.

O.B.

17.04 is damn good for a REAL, no B.S. pick'emup trukk.

Hope you keep the GMC instead of trading it in on some POS Rabbitt or (worse) Honda.

Volkswagen Golf 2.5

Last tank of gas approximately 27miles per gallon in 75+mph Interstate travel.

Volkswagen Golf 2.5

Last tank of gas approximately 27miles per gallon in 75+mph Interstate travel.

Pretty good for a 2.5...the 2.0 Turbo motor is supposed to be better. I've known people with GTI's to get into the low 30's with a manual.

Is your car manual or autotrajic?

Chris