Well we got a new truck

As some of you know my Girl Friend (maybe wife soon i mean after 25 years of knowing each other pretty close,maybe its time) was in a car accident a little while ago. Good news she is almost back to normal the only thing is they need to watch for blood clots that could lead to a stroke. She still isn't aloud to go back to work until august 4th. She is bored out of her mind sitting at home and apparently when the caprice got stolen and we were looking at cars she really liked the Silverado. Today im at work and i get a call from my dad asking why Kim needed his GM discount number, i had no idea. well i get home and see a shinny new 2008 Silverado regular Cab long box chilling out front.

HPIM2233.jpg

HPIM2234.jpg

HPIM2229.jpg

HPIM2230.jpg

HPIM2231.jpg

4.3 v6 2wd basically a loaded work truck power windows, pocks, cruise, locking diff, and AC. not bad though 19,800 out the door. As for why? i don't know I mean its nice and all but we already have a 02 sierra z71. She just finished paying off the vibe in February. guess she wanted another payment? I can't say anything since i bought the Vette and she rubs it in my face everyday. We each have our own fun accounts to buy the stuff that we want and have a main joint account for retirement and bills and whatever. So that means she is going to be working for 5 more years. Im starting to like the vibe though since i have been driving that a lot and its fun to drive and i still get 30.28 MPG and i beat on it.

GMT800 vs GMT900

The 900's have better handling and braking by far but the rest is all personal opinion but it is so slowwwww.... the 4.3 is under powered. So the GMC is going to stay up north for now and become the beater up there which i dont mind but i miss it now since i left it up there hope its okay.

HPIM2158.jpg

The fleet is too massive now for 2 people, Oh well Insurance loves me $7200 a year in just auto insurance...

90 Caprice

98 LeSabre

02 Sierra

03 Vibe

03 Vette

08 Silverado

As Always if shes happy, I'm happy. Finally for once in my life everything seems to be going good!

Very nice man!

Glad to see that she is doing better...I can see why she got the truck-so she can knock people out of her way, if needed. :yes:

If I got a new truck, I think I would get the same kind- but my would a ext cab (so Zach can come along)

I'n still thinking baout getting a truck (used, I think) for family trips...

And I'm glad to see things are going well for you, my friend. :)

Now take a good long vacation with Kim somewhere...... :yes:

Congrats on the new truck, even if it is the girlfriend's! I would have opted up for one with the 4.8L V8 over the 4.3L V6, but that engine is pretty much bulletproof (I had it in my 2001 GMC Sonoma Highrider). I too like the '02 Sierra that you have; it's a shame she didn't look at the GMC Sierra before buying the '08 Silverado :P Many happy and trouble-free miles with it :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone!

I think she is hoping for good gas millage cause my GMC with the 5.3 only gets around 14ish. Also she doesn't have the need for speed as i do.

Dave i don't know how long you plan to have your truck but the middle seat is quite spacious and has car seat anchors on it.

Thanks everyone!

I think she is hoping for good gas millage cause my GMC with the 5.3 only gets around 14ish. Also she doesn't have the need for speed as i do.

Dave i don't know how long you plan to have your truck but the middle seat is quite spacious and has car seat anchors on it.

It should get decent MPGs..is it going to see more highway than city?

Cap-I don't have a truck-yet. But I am thinking about it.... :yes:

Congrats on the shiny new truck!

Whatever happened to that Camaro that was supposedly at the shop?

They totaled it out after some guy with some sense looked at it i mean it would never drive straight again. They did give me $4528 for it.

They totaled it out after some guy with some sense looked at it i mean it would never drive straight again. They did give me $4528 for it.

Not sure if I'd be a jerk to ask so soon after the accident but do you have any "after" pictures of the Camaro?

Congrats! :) That's a very worthy whip.

Not sure if I'd be a jerk to ask so soon after the accident but do you have any "after" pictures of the Camaro?

I never took any becasue it wasnt that important at the time. but picture a 4th gen and picture the driver seat being pushed through the center console and in the the passenger seat. Then add crushed plastic and shattered glass all over the place. Come to think of it i dont rember the door being on it.

Yeah I have a couple places. Im renting out houses right now and I have a place in the nicer part of Harrison Township right now. Moran wasnt the cheapest around but i bought all of my chevys from him because Pat Moran knows how to run a dealership. I mean they are all nice and honest and don't try to push you that much.

Dave the east side is just that much cooler!

I guess I'm stupid, but I'd rather pay a couple hundred more and deal with an honest, ethical dealer.

Wish I knew why the "east side" was cooler.

Chris

Yeah its always worth the extra hundred to leave a dealer happy.

The East side is cooler because of the Lake effect...

• 1 month later...

Cool truck. I have a friend who had a 2005 work truck with the 4.3 and I didnt find it to be underpowered. His got about 17 mpg in town and 22 highway. For a full sized truck that is good but in the grand scheme of things it is so-so. And it is always worth it to pay a little extra to deal with a dealership that treats you well. I do the same thing.