Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Whats Your Favorite Fast Food Drive Thru?

Whataburger..... Fantastically Delicious.

Okay... you got me... Whataburger... very good burgers (when I'd eat one), very food fish sandwiches, and the only fast food chain that understands why fries should be served in a cup (so you can eat them safely secured in your car cupholder while driving.)

Unfortunately, they're not in the PacNW either... you'd be surprised in the amount of chain restaurants that can not survive up here... We're too healthful in our diets. We don't have Long John Silver, Captain D's, or Sonic's either. A lot of the chain mainstream mid-class restaurants like Red Lobster & Olive Garden just survive in the suburbs... Chili's just closed all of their restaurants here...

I think their burgers are pretty good, but I prefer Fatburger.

I forgot about Fatburger....it's here in the city. What is their claim to fame?

And what's the best burger to order?

Something I've noticed here that is gaining in popularity are kinda upscale hotdog shops...no drive thru and some serve beer as well.

I forgot about Fatburger....it's here in the city. What is their claim to fame?

And what's the best burger to order?

Something I've noticed here that is gaining in popularity are kinda upscale hotdog shops...no drive thru and some serve beer as well.

I usually get a regular Fatburger w/ cheese and bacon, skinny fries, and a strawberry shake. They do basic burgers (no Red Robin fancy stuff) quite well, IMHO. Tasty.

Interesting about the hot dogs... I'm not much of a hot dog fan, though I like the Hebrew National ones at the ballpark when I go to a baseball game.

I usually get a regular Fatburger w/ cheese and bacon, skinny fries, and a strawberry shake. They do basic burgers (no Red Robin fancy stuff) quite well, IMHO. Tasty.

Interesting about the hot dogs... I'm not much of a hot dog fan, though I like the Hebrew National ones at the ballpark when I go to a baseball game.

Oh man!...can anything be better than a burger with cheese and bacon?...thats the one I'll order, fries and a chocolate shake. Damn, I wasn't hungry till now.

Ya, those hotdog shops have every topping you can imagine. I'll have to try this weekend and give a full report.

Oh man!...can anything be better than a burger with cheese and bacon?...thats the one I'll order, fries and a chocolate shake. Damn, I wasn't hungry till now.

Ya, those hotdog shops have every topping you can imagine. I'll have to try this weekend and give a full report.

I'll tell you what: a black angus burger with 3 kinds of cheese (like cheddar, provolone, and monetary jack), with thick peppercorn bacon, ketchup, maybe a little mayo, and bbq sauce.

F that lettuce and tomato BS. Real men eat meat and cheese (with tomato product sauces). :P

Fatburger w/ cheese, bacon and egg. Hold the tomato and add a side of thick fries (steak fries for the uninitiated) and a regular unsweetened iced tea.

What, no love for the Thickburger in here?

With Culvers here? The only one I bother with once in the great while is the mushroom and swiss. Otherwise why pay the same as culvers or more and get way less quality?

Checker's is good, I'm also a big White Castle fan. Growing up in The Bronx it's pretty much a given. Lastly, I'm surprised no one ( at least from NY) has mentioned Nathan's, their fries are flat out awesome when fresh. Philly cheese steak's, real burgers that are grilled etc. I also enjoy KFC too, love the biscuits.

Alright, I tried Sonic tonight (last time I had it was probably 15+ years ago)....and it was kind of a letdown. They put the burgers in a foil bag, which makes them both really hot and kinda soggy. I also got a side of cheese fries and both the fries and the cheese were pretty bland.

My ranking of favorite fast food burger joints:

1. Culver's

2. A&W (very hit and miss though; the older, family-owned stores are usually superior to the ones in gas stations)

3. Dairy Queen (depends on the franchise)

4. Hardee's

5. Steak N' Shake

6. Wendy's

7. McDonald's (used to be worse than BK, but their burgers have improved the last few years)

8. Burger King

9. Sonic

10. B-Bops (another drive-in, atmosphere is cool, but the food is mediocre)

For sit-down burgers, Red Robin and Fuddrucker's are really great places to go.

Alright, I tried Sonic tonight (last time I had it was probably 15+ years ago)....and it was kind of a letdown. They put the burgers in a foil bag, which makes them both really hot and kinda soggy. I also got a side of cheese fries and both the fries and the cheese were pretty bland.

My ranking of favorite fast food burger joints:

1. Culver's

2. A&W (very hit and miss though; the older, family-owned stores are usually superior to the ones in gas stations)

3. Dairy Queen (depends on the franchise)

4. Hardee's

5. Steak N' Shake

6. Wendy's

7. McDonald's (used to be worse than BK, but their burgers have improved the last few years)

8. Burger King

9. Sonic

10. B-Bops (another drive-in, atmosphere is cool, but the food is mediocre)

For sit-down burgers, Red Robin and Fuddrucker's are really great places to go.

Red Robin is a bit pricey.

Chris

Checker's is good, I'm also a big White Castle fan. Growing up in The Bronx it's pretty much a given. Lastly, I'm surprised no one ( at least from NY) has mentioned Nathan's, their fries are flat out awesome when fresh. Philly cheese steak's, real burgers that are grilled etc. I also enjoy KFC too, love the biscuits.

Man, when you have had grilled hamburgers you just don't want to settle for anything else. The best.

On a similar subject... a brief moment of silence for Steak&Ale and Bennigan's -_-

I enjoyed going to both of them growing up in Dallas... But, times change... :cry:

Again... neither of these chains existed in the PacNW either. :(

I almost ate at a Bennigan's last summer, but my friend wanted to eat somewhere else at the last second. I wonder if Bennigan's inspired the restaurant "Shenaniganz" from the movie Waiting.

I haven't used a drive-thru for years - nowadays, it's getting painful to let the engine idle while going 0 mph. I've noticed with In-N-Out, sometimes it's quicker to park the car, order inside, and climb back into your car to eat, if you must.

I never mastered the fast-food-while-driving thing, even with fries, but I suppose it's quite handy for passengers. Child seats must be a pain.

I haven't used a drive-thru for years - nowadays, it's getting painful to let the engine idle while going 0 mph. I've noticed with In-N-Out, sometimes it's quicker to park the car, order inside, and climb back into your car to eat, if you must.

I never mastered the fast-food-while-driving thing, even with fries, but I suppose it's quite handy for passengers. Child seats must be a pain.

I will only use a drive-thru if I crave In-N-Out and am without company.

Fast food while driving isn't too bad...I've done it while going 80 on the 10 before, and those were animal fries and a protein burger.

I will only use a drive-thru if I crave In-N-Out and am without company.

Fast food while driving isn't too bad...I've done it while going 80 on the 10 before, and those were animal fries and a protein burger.

It's easy enough in my Jeep (automatic, good cupholders), but near-impossible in my Mustang (stick shift, no cup holders). I remember once trying to drink a Mc Donalds coffee, eat a bacon/egg/cheese biscuit, drive and shift at the same time...messy.

On a similar subject... a brief moment of silence for Steak&Ale and Bennigan's -_-

I enjoyed going to both of them growing up in Dallas... But, times change... :cry:

Again... neither of these chains existed in the PacNW either. :(

Ah, too bad to hear..I used to frequent a Bennigans in Colorado that was close to where I worked a few years ago..