Bus Horror

Let's not lose our heads on this one. (Sorry.)

There have actually been quite a few stabbings and murders on Greyhound buses over the years, mostly in the States. Let's face it, you're not necessarily going to get the cream of society on these buses. Those with money and means will fly, rent a car or take the train. Anyone with a broken heart or broken dreams who is down on their luck and wants to get out of town fast can take a bus.

I would also like to say I hate it that they are even giving this sick f@#k a trial, only charging him with 2nd degree murger, and wasting tax payers money on it. The cops should have shot this piece of filth while he was on the bus and rid the world of one more psychopath.

Edited by Dodgefan

Shopping doesn't solve this kind of problem.

Well, you know what they say: when the going gets tough, the tough go shopping.

Passengers said the man repeatedly stabbed his seat-mate before beheading him and carrying the victim's head around the bus.

The next moment, witnesses said, the older man stood up, still quiet, and repeatedly stabbed, then beheaded his younger victim.

"We heard this blood-curdling scream and turned around, and the guy was standing up, stabbing this guy repeatedly, like 40 or 50 times," Garnet Caton said Thursday from a hotel in Brandon, Man., where he and other passengers had been taken to rest.

okay... so he stabbed te guy 40-50 times, then beheaded him....

all in a split second, with no time between the knife being shown

& the beheading for someone to at least try to stop him!?

RCMP Staff Sgt. Steve Colwell wouldn't confirm those details, but did say a 40-year-old suspect was in RCMP custody and police were planning to interview him.

No charges were immediately laid.

Right. Let's not act too quickly, give the guy a chance to explain himself....

There's probably a perfectly rational reason why he beheaded his victim.

Colwell said the behaviour of the passengers and driver probably prevented anyone else from being hurt.

Colwell said they "were very brave. They reacted swiftly, calmly in exiting the bus and as a result nobody else was injured."

Oh absolutely... "swiftly" is the word I'd use. 50-stabs to a human torso & the

severing of a human head and spinal cord takes mere split seconds! <_<

One person, just one, with a firearm, could have prevented a death, or at least

stopped this horrific murder before the victim was sliced up into a headless,

bloodless tenderized corpse.

Reason #9,426,783 why a society where at least a small percentage carry

firearms, concealed or otherwise, would be much safer than one where

only psychopaths, hardened criminals & vicious killers are the only ones

who are armed with weapons.

Edited by Sixty8panther

Apparently the dude started eating the body. This just keeps getting more and more f@#ked up.

Yeah I heard about that yesterday, the guy is seriously f@#ked up...why is he only being charged with 2nd degree? This a no contest case. Like I said, they should have done the world a favor and killed the bastard at the scene, and done the world a favor.

Sixty8, I agree, that I'm willing to bet this tragedy could have been prevented if the 30 or so people on the bus had ganged up on the bastard, not run like chicken s**t.

This is why 3 of the 4 planes that were hijacked hit their targets on 9/11.

Yep and they'll coddle this guy, making sure all his rights are respected.

Some background has emerged about this man and there doesn't appear to be any mental issues in his past and no previous record.

Recenlty we had a horrific murder/suicide here, a young architect knifed his wife, two daughters and a tenant to death, leaving a toddler alive then killing himself. It defies any explanation.

One keeps hearing of these bizarre cases more and more. It's like some evil has been unleased on the earth.

I would also like to say I hate it that they are even giving this sick f@#k a trial, only charging him with 2nd degree murger, and wasting tax payers money on it. The cops should have shot this piece of filth while he was on the bus and rid the world of one more psychopath.

Totally agree with that. How many more Hannibal Lecters need to pop up and do something like this before people grow a pair and put an end to it?

I'm under the impression that this was a psychotic episode. It's scary, but frankly, given the circumstances, the driver and passengers handled the situation very well. Had someone confronted the guy, there could have been even worse consequences.

To be honest, I'm glad we got the murderer alive, as it'll give some closure, and we can figure out why this took place, and whether we can prevent similar acts in the future.

It says something about Canadians, I think. We are conditioned not to fight back, just run for cover.

Most personal weapons have been outlawed. The authorities always take the PC route and say

don't take the law into your own hands. We have nothing to protect ourselves with.

I'm dismayed the driver and passengers just left and didn't help that young man that was butchered.

Absolutely cowardly. Wouldn't we all want someone to help us in a situation like that?! They all could have

swarmed him, but no, save your own skin people!!! By all means.

Even more twisted is that this banner was posted on the victim's myspace page back in February:

l_6af1668796704295a3dc97576a16a6b1.jpg

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endID=108390479

I personally think it's ridiculous the RCMP waited hours negotiating with the killer, giving him time to cut up the body further and even eat parts of it. Get in there, put a gun to his head, subdue the guy, and slap some handcuffs on him.

Edited by mustang84

Oh good, another mentally unstable piece of &#036;h&#33; illegal immigrant Asian asshole that has no business being on this half of the globe AT ALL flips out and takes an innocent life.

Virginia Tech, anybody?

How many more times does this senseless bull&#036;h&#33; have to happen before somebody puts a stop to it?!

CLOSE THE f@#kING BORDERS IMMEDIATELY! We have enough problems inside them already that we don't need worthless, bottom of the barrel, can't scrape off trash like this arriving on our shores daily.

Edited by XP715

I figured it was something like schizophrenia, and I do feel bad for the murderer because if there wasn't such a massive amount of negative pressure against mental illness in the community, the guy could have gotten some help, and this would have likely been averted.

I figured it was something like schizophrenia, and I do feel bad for the murderer because if there wasn't such a massive amount of negative pressure against mental illness in the community, the guy could have gotten some help, and this would have likely been averted.

Feel bad for the murderer? Are you for real? Let me guess, you would have been amongst the cowards that got up and walked off the bus while the guy was being butchered a few seats away. I wonder how you'd feel if (God forbid) it happened to a friend or relative of yours. Sorry, but this is inexcusable any way you slice it. I don't give a f@#k what the guy has wrong with him.

If this were a planned, premeditated murder, then I'd be all for the murderer getting life, with no chance of parole and hoping he gets repeatedly cornholed by a big guy named 'Molly' .

But this is not the case. The murderer is schizophrenic. Had there been no peer pressure, and ambivalence towards mental illness within the community, he might have gotten the help he sorely needed. That's the part I find sad.

Would I have run? You bet your ass I would have, but not before making sure everyone else was off the bus and safe, because I don't want to mess with a schizophrenic time-bomb with a massive Rambo-knife. Had they noticed him with the knife before the stabbings, then it'd be a different story to try and intervene, but I am pretty sure that after the third or fourth wound, the victim would have been beyond saving, so it makes more sense to preserve the lives of the other passengers.

Yep the liberal looney left, it would be very interesting to see their reaction

if someone was breaking in and going to harm them and their family.

What to do? Talk the creep out of it? Sit down and chat about it over coffee?

Oh oh, the liberals got everyone disarmed so they can't protect themselves.

I wonder what a liberal does in a situation like that.

Do you really think the situation would have played out differently in the US?

Would the average bus full of Americans contain a gun? I don't think so. That's not to say there wouldn't be a gun owner on board, but would they have it with them?

I think disarming the public is smart personally. Give the police automatics for all I care, they're the police, that's a different story. Handguns should not be legal for the public IMHO.

2 Things.

1. The liberal slander is annoying, because while I am a registered democrat, you can bet your ass that I feel the guy should have had 50 caliber sniper bullet hit him.
  2. I think there needs to be some kind of security at greyhound terminals. They have no security at all. Had they at least had a metal detector this would never have happened.

2 Things.
  1. The liberal slander is annoying, because while I am a registered democrat, you can bet your ass that I feel the guy should have had 50 caliber sniper bullet hit him.
  2. I think there needs to be some kind of security at greyhound terminals. They have no security at all. Had they at least had a metal detector this would never have happened.

Agreed and agreed.

The only people I feel bad for in this situation are the victim, and ayone sympathizing with the attacker. This is inexcusable.

One hollow point bullett would save the Canadians a lot of wasted tax money...

There is NO effin way this guy will ever be able to do anything good for society

& if some feel-good ultra-left (sorry DF, generalization...) psychobable doctor

ever fascilitated his parolle I bet by non-severed head there would be another

victim. Just like the piece of $hit governor of ours who helped to get convicted

rapists & murderers out of jail only to have them strike again!

Disgusting.

This kind of 'filth of society' needs to be cut out of existance like a bad cancer.

In rural areas, these type of buses will stop and drop off passengers at will. Security searches are not always practical.

In developing news, it seems the attacker may have had some connection to the victim after all. He was seen speaking with a female co-worker of the victim at the front of the bus and they were seen outside during a rest stop having a smoke together.

Initial reports are always speculative and tend to run toward worst case scenarios. This coud turn out to be a love spat or some other twist we haven't heard about yet. He may have intended to stab the victim and then run, but with tensions run high, the victim fighting back and pandemonium on the bus, the attacker may have gone overboard.

I am not a violent person, but I've seen close up what happens in a violent situation: once the andrenalin kicks in, a sort of blood-lust takes over. We've all seen it in Hollywood action flicks. Maybe once he realized he was trapped, he did go beserk in frustration.

Who knows. We weren't there and I am sure many of the witnesses exaggerate their story to be seen or heard on camera.

Let's face it, you're not necessarily going to get the cream of society on these buses. Those with money and means will fly, rent a car or take the train. Anyone with a broken heart or broken dreams who is down on their luck and wants to get out of town fast can take a bus.

Nice class assessment there, pal.

Yep and they'll coddle this guy, making sure all his rights are respected.

One keeps hearing of these bizarre cases more and more. It's like some evil has been unleashed on the earth.

It's because there's TV ratings to fish for and newspapers to sell. Foul things have been happening forever. Those "simpler times" of lore, for instance, weren't simple for everyone. One crime has simply been traded for another.

Oh good, another mentally unstable piece of &#036;h&#33; illegal immigrant Asian asshole that has no business being on this half of the globe AT ALL flips out and takes an innocent life.

Virginia Tech, anybody?

How many more times does this senseless bull&#036;h&#33; have to happen before somebody puts a stop to it?!

CLOSE THE f@#kING BORDERS IMMEDIATELY! We have enough problems inside them already that we don't need worthless, bottom of the barrel, can't scrape off trash like this arriving on our shores daily.

Oh wow. That's good that you're telling us how you really feel. And it's only gettin' better in this thread....

The liberal looney left

always caring for the criminal.

It just makes me puke.

That you in anyway can excuse this animal is beyond comprehension.

Spare us all the pseudo sociological crap.

One hollow point bullet would save the Canadians a lot of wasted tax money...

There is NO effin way this guy will ever be able to do anything good for society

& if some feel-good ultra-left (sorry DF, generalization...) psychobabble doctor

ever facilitated his parole I bet by non-severed head there would be another

victim. Just like the piece of $hit governor of ours who helped to get convicted

rapists & murderers out of jail only to have them strike again!

Disgusting.

This kind of 'filth of society' needs to be cut out of existence like a bad cancer.

Of course the fire-and-brimstone, gung-ho righties would come out to play and draw the line in the sand on this one. Because the so-called conservatives know best.

Disclaimer: Should murderers, rapists, pedophiles, white-collar criminals, and such get their just desserts? Absolutely.

My point is....is anybody reading the same thing I'm reading here?

You guys are waaaaaay too comfortable spitting this kinda of stuff. All of those views are related, subsets of the same family of mentalities. I would think I was reading stormfront.org if I didn't know any better. I've held my tongue on a whole lot as long as I've been here because I didn't want to make trouble and end up getting treated differently or banned. This might be why not many people post.

Real talk, something has to give around here.

You guys are waaaaaay too comfortable spitting this kinda of stuff. All of those views are related, subsets of the same family of mentalities. I would think I was reading stormfront.org if I didn't know any better.

Really? Stormfront.org? So now we're all a bunch of chinless inbred skinheads? So you can make the generalization that anybody who thinks that the guy should what he deserves for BUTCHERING AND BEHEADDING A TWENTY TWO YEAR-OLD KID WHILE HE SLEPT are assholes and rednecks and racists, but the rest of us are all nobody to be passing judgement on anybody? Are you for real? Who the f@#k do you think YOU are?!

Is this guy reading a different thread than the rest of us? Because I don't see any Neo-Nazi white supremacist undertones (nor do I think that anybody else does), but rather an outcry for things like personal accountability and a law enforcement and court system with the balls to cut through the bull&#036;h&#33; and tell the "murderers are people too" pussies to go f@#k themselves and start bringing people to justice.

And in the larger scheme of things, an outcry for the complete revamping of whatever piss-poor system allows those from outside the borders of a nation to enter into it ILLEGALLY (since after all, this is the ENTIRE ISSUE we have with immigration: the ILLEGALS), assmiliate themselves into society, and then commit crimes with little to no recourse and have the full range of due process that a naturalized citizen would. I could give a f@#k less what color, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation any person is and what benefits of a country they receive as long as they have a documented, LEGAL right to do so. Ask any immigrant of any nationality in the United States or Canada who gained their citizenship through legal means how they feel about ILLEGAL (you do understand what ILLEGAL means, right?) immigration and I'll guarantee you it burns their asses just as it does any natural-born citizen that's paying attention, because they remember all the hoops they had to jump through to do it the right way. If the system worked at all, this guy would have been cracked over the head with a billy club the second he set foot on Canadian shores ILLEGALLY and shipped back to his home port for his own country to deal with him, and an innocent young man would have woken up from his nap, pulled his headphones out of his ears, and walked off the bus. But this system failed him, a legal citizen. And what ways of seeking fair treatment can HE take advantage of from inside his little drawer at the county coroner's office?

Edited by XP715

Ummm where has it been established that this guy was an illegal immigrant?!

He legally emigrated from China to Canada in 2004.

Besides, crazy isn't bound to one nationality or country of origin. There are plenty of crazy people who were born in the U.S. (or Canada) and didn't have to come through a border. Suggesting we close the borders completely is about the most un-American thing I can think of. Ok, maybe throwing someone in jail for saying we should close our borders completely is more un-American, but I digress. There is no way to tell if someone is going to flip out in 6 months, or 10 years, and no statistical evidence that a person from X country is more likely to be a criminal than a person from Y country. Yes, you can say that illegal Mexicans are more likely to be criminals that Polish immigrants, but there is such a large sample size, that the two cannot be compared.

The point is, closing the borders or building a fence is short-sighted, it doesn't address current illegal immigrants. Amnesty isn't the answer, getting them to want to leave is the answer. There are two ways to do this. One: Come down HARD on employers of illegals. If Joe Schmo knows he'll get a $1500 fine for hiring an illegal to put up his backyard fence at Home Depot, he'll think twice. If Wal-Mart knows they'll be fined tens of millions if they hire a single illegel, they'll think twice. The second way would be to make them want to return to where they came from, which would require us investing a lot of money in another country. Not ideal by any means.

Besides, crazy isn't bound to one nationality or country of origin. There are plenty of crazy people who were born in the U.S. (or Canada) and didn't have to come through a border.

The post that made me question it and you referred to was downright crazy and pathetic.

The post that made me question it and you referred to was downright crazy and pathetic.

That was kind of my point. That more than right-leaning white males post here. People seem to have forgotten that.

Besides, crazy isn't bound to one nationality or country of origin. There are plenty of crazy people who were born in the U.S. (or Canada) and didn't have to come through a border. Suggesting we close the borders completely is about the most un-American thing I can think of. Ok, maybe throwing someone in jail for saying we should close our borders completely is more un-American, but I digress. There is no way to tell if someone is going to flip out in 6 months, or 10 years, and no statistical evidence that a person from X country is more likely to be a criminal than a person from Y country. Yes, you can say that illegal Mexicans are more likely to be criminals that Polish immigrants, but there is such a large sample size, that the two cannot be compared.

The point is, closing the borders or building a fence is short-sighted, it doesn't address current illegal immigrants. Amnesty isn't the answer, getting them to want to leave is the answer. There are two ways to do this. One: Come down HARD on employers of illegals. If Joe Schmo knows he'll get a $1500 fine for hiring an illegal to put up his backyard fence at Home Depot, he'll think twice. If Wal-Mart knows they'll be fined tens of millions if they hire a single illegel, they'll think twice. The second way would be to make them want to return to where they came from, which would require us investing a lot of money in another country. Not ideal by any means.

-About the man's immigrant status, I stand corrected. I had read news reports earlier that had said that he was an illegal immigrant. The subsequent postings since my last post prompted me to dig further and, yes, he appears to have immigrated legally.

-When I said close the borders immediately, I never once said or implied forever. However, I certainly don't think it would cause this country any harm, or be an affront to its Americanness (Is that even a word? It is now!) to close them long enough to "take stock" of exactly who is here and deal with them accordingly (read: identify and deport the illegals), and to come up with a system that keeps the illegals out before re-opening them. And I am completely in agreement with you about imposing huge penalties for those that give them any sort of help whatsoever.