Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KaliRover

Random Panther thread...

8 posts in this topic

It's real...it was a 2002 concept for a Crown Vic PI. I think the bottom two photos werep photoshopped though because they're missing the lightbar and decals. But yes, it's real. Edited by mustang84

Real and ugly. Real ugly. With all the money they've made on the ancient Panther chassis you'd think a all new BOF, RWD big V8 Crown Vic was well on it's way to us by now... or like 2003.

Real and ugly. Real ugly.

With all the money they've made on the ancient Panther chassis you'd think a all new BOF, RWD big V8 Crown Vic was well on it's way to us by now... or like 2003.

It's one of those 'if its not broke, don't fix it' scenarios, I think...most of the CV sales go to fleets, as long as the police departments, taxi companies, etc are happy, Ford isn't going to spend any serious money on them... though I've read rumors of some changes coming for '07 (probably just another mild facelift).

Ford's future big-car development is centered around the Five Hundred and variants of it's platform, so I don't expect them to spend much on the legacy Panther platform...

The bottom two pics are definately photochopped - look at the lack of texture of the concrete caisons where the light bar use to be... :rolleyes:

It would be nice to see Bill Ford and Mark Fields announce the phasing out of the Panther platform on Monday. It's not that it isn't a good car, but it is hopelessly outdated in terms of packaging and style. And at around 175,000 units (and falling) it's just barely keeping St Thomas going at a decent clip. Ford should get on with putting the flagship focus on D3 and live up to it's "Innovation" promise.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0