Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Pebble Beach: 2010 Cadillac CTS Wagon debuts

This is my amateur "chop" that took me all of 7 min.

'nuff said.

cadillacctswagonof8.jpg

cadillacctswagonof8.447543bf5f.jpg

This is my amateur "chop" that took me all of 7 min.

'nuff said.

cadillacctswagonof8.jpg

cadillacctswagonof8.447543bf5f.jpg

i'm torn. i kind of like the extra glass that 68 put in. the production version tends to look a bit MAXX-y.

you know, the shape of the rear in profile is almost a dead ringer for the 9-3 sportcombi, which by the way has a nice stance over the rear wheels. very unwagony.

i will say one thing....did anyone actually ever see a lexus IS sportcross? and a manual, no less?

Edited by regfootball

i will say one thing....did anyone actually ever see a lexus IS sportcross? and a manual, no less?

I've seen a couple...about 3 years ago, there was a dark blue on in the parking garage at my office building..saw it every day...it was a neat design. I worked with a guy in '06-07 that had a 9-3 SportCombi...neat wagon.. rode in it a couple of times.

I rarely disagree with you, Mr. 68, but I like the production roofline better....it looks less station wagon.

To each his own...

but here's my argument for my chop:

1. that production window is tiny... dare I say almost

non-existant, by the time you add in the black glue &

plastic surround you're looking at like, oh... 17 square

inches of glass. I really do not think that's much of

an exageration either.

2. That fat, flat, heavy D-pillar looks gross to my eyes.

Now THESE are nice D-pillars on a wagon:

1025_15640296224562a28b8ea43.jpg

1962-Buick-Invicta-Station-Wagon-RA-nf.j

1968%20C3.jpg

53217779_pr.jpg

1963%20Chevrolet%20Impala%20Wagon.jpg

cadsw425175cjz8.jpg

550.jpg

I think I just found the replacement when it comes time to trade the CTS. I love it.

Not crazy about the big d pillars either but I'll reserve judgment until I can sit in one and see what (if any) blind spots they create.

An word when we'll get pricing info?

EDIT. Autoblog link ( http://www.autoblog.com/photos/monterey-20...-reveal/979277/ ) picture 9. Someone please tell me that's the next XLR... :hot:

Edited by DBeaSSt

I think I just found the replacement when it comes time to trade the CTS. I love it.

Not crazy about the big d pillars either but I'll reserve judgment until I can sit in one and see what (if any) blind spots they create.

An word when we'll get pricing info?

EDIT. Autoblog link ( http://www.autoblog.com/photos/monterey-20...-reveal/979277/ ) picture 9. Someone please tell me that's the next XLR... :hot:

looks like the Evoq to me. you know, the car the XLR should have looked like. it still looks hot after 10years.

I think this is a sharp wagon. The only thing I might suggest changing is the Front grill and fascia. I would like to see it be more slanted to the center and agressive looking. Nice job!

The D Pillar design is cool, Cadillac needs to look into Infinity's AVM (Around View Monitor) System. Cool technology suited for Caddy.

Edited by InvictaMan

The idea of a CTS wagon is great, but I feel mixed about the design. Using the sedan's rear doors results in a messy C-pillar and makes the design look compromised.

That I agree with. I'd prefer a more vertical C-pillar, which would clean up some of the lines and improve rear seat access and outward visibility.

That I agree with. I'd prefer a more vertical C-pillar, which would clean up some of the lines and improve rear seat access and outward visibility.

The blind spots at the rear quarters looks huge. Unfortunately many cars these days have terrible visibility out that way. :(

• 4 weeks later...

It's definitely one beautiful station wagon. Too bad it will be out of my price range <_<

For those of you saying that this is why the G8 Sportwagon isn't going to be offered, have you forgotten about the scale of economies? I'd love to own a station wagon, much more than a sedan. But this Caddy will be priced too far out of my affordable range, so that leaves me with what other option? Since GM is being boneheaded and not offering the G8 Sportwagon here (I can't see why a few Holden estates can't be adapted like the sedans were for Pontiac), I guess I have no mid- to large-size wagon offerings to choose from with GM that I can afford.

The CTS wagon will do well for GM/Cadillac no doubt, but GM shouldn't be so single-minded in this market. I say bring on the G8 Sportwagon and let the market decide if it will surviive. :metal:

• 8 months later...

Took a CTS out for a test drive last night to get a feel for the suspension on the current model and was chatting with the dealer afterward. They are still expecting a Sport Wagon by July 4th. He's going to call me as soon as it gets there! I can't wait!