What's new for GM NA MY 2009/2010..summary

Just thinking what is definitely coming between now and the end of next year...

Buick:

2010 LaCrosse

Cadillac:

2010 CTS coupe

2010 CTS wagon

2010 SRX

Chevy:

2009 Traverse

2010 Camaro

2010 Equinox

2010 Cruze (or is it coming for '11 for NA?)

GMC:

2010 Terrain (Torrent replacement)

HUMMER:

2009 H3 pickup (out now or soon?)

Pontiac:

2009 G8 GXP

2010 G8 ST

2009 Solstice Targa

SAAB:

2010 9-4x

2010 SAAB 9-5 (or '11 MY?)

Missing anything?

Edited by moltar

doesn't the next 9-5 happen simultaneously with the LaX?

Unless it has been moved up, the 9-5 is/was to debut about 6-8 months after the LaX.

So yeah, add the 9-5, add the CTS wagon also. The 9-1 was originally supposed to be here before the 9-5 (at least in Europe) but that program was said to be stalled not long ago...

We were told there is a new minivan coming in the 2nd quarter or 3rd quarter of '09 for Chevrolet. Not sure if GMC or Pontiac is getting one, too.

We were told there is a new minivan coming in the 2nd quarter or 3rd quarter of '09 for Chevrolet. Not sure if GMC or Pontiac is getting one, too.

That one is odd..I've heard rumors of it several times, but no concept or spy pics have been seen yet...wonder if it's going to be a surprise at one of the major 09 shows..

2009 CTS-V

2009 Saab 9-3/SportCombi XWD

Also for 2010 I thought there was a chance the Silverado/Sierra were getting an MCE and the new 4.5L diesel engine options in the 1500s. 2009 brings wider adoption of the 6-speed autos.

Edited by BigPontiac

You sure there hadn't been one camouflaged spy photo... with the vehicle, in a dark color, looking along the lines of a Zafira/MPV.

EDIT: I found a site with the photo: go to http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080804.006/ne...-mpv-spy-photos

Cool..that's first I've seen of it.. wonder what it will be named in NA.

oh yeah, they are either resurrecting the astro or reskinning the uplander.

Hey, I wouldn't mind it if they brought the Astro back. We sold a lot of them. They are great delivery vehicles for downtown stores/businesses. I just had a customer trade their '92 Astro (with 130k miles on it) for a new Uplander. Many people I sold Astros to are holding onto them because there is nothing to replace them with. The cargo vans were big sellers to the cable companies and phone companies.

We've ordered 40 Uplander cargo vans for fleet. They aren't as good for the trades as the Astro but for the city they are better than the much larger Express van.

Hey, I wouldn't mind it if they brought the Astro back.

my parents still have a 91 gmc. ~160K miles and other than blue smoke at startup, it really drives and mostly handles like it has 60k on it.... might just need some rust to be taken care of, but it's really not bad.

Hey, I wouldn't mind it if they brought the Astro back. We sold a lot of them. They are great delivery vehicles for downtown stores/businesses. I just had a customer trade their '92 Astro (with 130k miles on it) for a new Uplander. Many people I sold Astros to are holding onto them because there is nothing to replace them with. The cargo vans were big sellers to the cable companies and phone companies.

We've ordered 40 Uplander cargo vans for fleet. They aren't as good for the trades as the Astro but for the city they are better than the much larger Express van.

The Astro's spiritual successor...

transiteq9.jpg

... and it looks really cool, too.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/transitconnect/

Edited by empowah

I thought that elsewhere, someone stated that the NG Chinese Buick Excelle (Skylark?) would be out in, I think, 3rd quarter 2009 --- so there shouldn't be any reason why it couldn't be out in NA then, too. Right?

I thought it was China only..

i think we all totally forgot about the 4.5L diesel for the 'burb, yukon, sclade and ...h2 if it's still around.

ive been hearing this rumor for over 6 years... until i see i wont beleive it... also people have been begging for it in the express van... speaking of express when will that be redesigned on the GMT900 frame?

ive been hearing this rumor for over 6 years... until i see i wont beleive it... also people have been begging for it in the express van... speaking of express when will that be redesigned on the GMT900 frame?

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/06/15/gm-anno...-the-hummer-h2/

it sounds like an '10MY, but i was wrong, it's for the trucks and H2, not the burb and such...?

it does seem like forever since they announced that. hopefully they have a v6 in the making for say, light duty trucks or maybe even the canyon/colorado.

GM will use the VM 2.8 L in medium trucks, just as Jeep does, not the 2.9 L V6. Whether you see it in the US will depend on economics—adding a few thousand to the price of a Colorado might not seem feasible. If they can use a NOx catalyst wth the 4-cylinder it might work, but the V6 would require Urea-based SCR. The next Blazer will get an MWM International 2.8 L 4-cylinder for the Brazilian market as well.

• 3 weeks later...

the GM 4.5L diesel is in the newest popular mechanics. I was surprised to a picture of it and for packaging purposes is a reverse intake exhaust engine, i didn't know that before hand.

it also uses a good amount less of parts, can't think of the actual number atm. 30ish?