Ya know, sometimes

:lovey: I still have my first big Rig, 1994 Model GMC Suburban SLE 1500 2wd. I love it as I am 6'6" tall and 275lb. So I can ride in total Comfort. I took out the 350 and bore it out to a 402, running 505 HP, 550lb torque. Dual 3" exhuast, People get out of my way as I fly by, sports cars are always suprised at how quick I am off the line. I added a 3 inch lift kit with 32" BFgoodrich All Terrain tires on 20" rims. The only thing is the required Premium gas, but over all I love it. Been running it this way for the last 7 years.

New Project on this bad ass Burb is I am changing it over to Diesel. Adding a 2" body lift kit so I can stuff in a Duramax with allison 6 speed tranny. I love the large 44 gallon gas tank that came with the 94 Suburbans as I can go 500+ miles on gas and with Diesel, I should be able to get around 750 at least. I love road trips and camping in it.

Now for those of you who think this is a big job or ask how I have planned it out. There is a company in Montana that took 3 years and for $100 you can buy their manual with all pictures included on who to do this conversion and have it look like it came off the factory assembly line. Here is their home page:

The Diesel Page

Here is the actual page within their web site for the book:

Duramax Conversion for all GM Trucks and SUV's

The upside of our down economy is instead of buying the engine, tranny and wireing harness, I have been looking for a used crewcab Duramax Diesel and have decided to buy a used one as it will have everything I need to convert my baby to Diesel. :D

Take a bad ass ride like this in front of those Eco Freaks that drive around here in Seattle and it is always amazing to see their face. You can see the color drain from the face when I come up behind them in my ride. :D

My Suburban

This is my Suburban with the 402 that I am going to change over to a Diesel. :D Gotta love these rides.

This is an older photo as I have changed out the Nitto's to BFGoodrich All Terrain tires. I was going to post it in the message, but it I guess I cannot use embedded addresses and it did not like my web address image so you get what it gives me. Yup I am using MSN Live for posting my pics. :P

Edited by dfelt

• 2 weeks later...
Had to dredge this one up just to say that my wagon is fulfilling this mission nicely.

:lol:

GOOD! Was wondering how the wagon was for you, these days, Camino. :)

I sure enjoy driving my '76 MC around ... c'mon SPRING!

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...MidW Event = 04/04/09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Beginning to think that I'm wasting time" ... Dobie Gray ... 'Drift Away'