Officially official: 2011 Chevrolet Cruze

HAHAHAHAHHAHhhhahahahahahaahahahha! :lol:

I get it... hence no B-pillars, right? ...WRONG!

Originally i gave ZERO thought to that, just

posted a stupid statement to be funny but

since you brought it up.... look again dude:

1962jfkonparadebravinganu0.jpg

1962jfkonparadebravinganu0.33cbf7a17b.jp

[we now return you to your originally scheduled thread...]

Hahaha! Got me there!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see bits of ION and cobalt in the design of this thing, but mainly because it's still on Delta. The C-pillar comes directly from the ION sedan, same for the trunklid, same for the rear bumper where it meets the taillights, how it flows from the bottom of the taillight through to the bumper. Cobalt shared those details, and so does the Cruze.

I see the design as more evolutionary instead of revolutionary. I'm not sure if it's because I'm Canadian instead of American, but this thing needs some major rhinoplasty. The front end is hideous. Those headlights will give little kids nightmares for the rest of their childhoods. The taillights are way too similar to the canuck-only Acura CSX (civic reskin for Canada). The profile makes me think they just combined influences of different cars and slapped them on.

Example of the tails:

2008-acura-csx-type-s-0003.jpg

001_11chevycruze.jpg

For my next car, I'm buying a used Astra or Aura, and once that car and my Vue have served their time, I'm officially done with GM (if they are even around that long). They have screwed us over long enough. The way it makes me feel, as a consumer in the marketplace, is that if you don't have $30K or more to spend on their vehicles, you'll be getting the crap end of the stick when it comes to what they can offer you. For the price they ask for some of their crap, you can buy a great car through another brand. I think I'll shop around in 10 years time when it comes to replacing my vehicles. I'll be looking to find an automaker who cares about the direction it's going into.

Interesting how they look they same...

• 5 months later...

And, what, not word on a coupe yet? I definitely would NOT get one without a coupe, and even then, only if it looked freaking great in comparison. Chrysler dropped the coupe Neon. Then they dropped the Neon and replaced it with the Caliber. They have no two- or three-door cars. And that's what I like. It's partly why I went Euro, but another part of that choice had to do with seats.

I still don't like it. The Cruze is poorly named and nasty looking to this viewer. I'll inspect it first hand of course, but the appearance is so off-putting and Asiatastic.

To me, it looks un-American in a very "I'm an Asian small sedan" way.

The British rags are already saying that all Chevrolets in North America are rebadged Daewoos as it stands right now, never mind this car, the Aveo, and what else is coming. The Spark, right?

It has the worst design element present on the Sebring- that nasty black plastic panel by the rear doors and I HATE the way the grille looks, and the seat fabric on the dash. Leather would be nice but not this cloth.

Edited by MyerShift

The only saving grace of this car is the interior. Ironic, but true. The exterior isn't horrible, but it's not very cohesive and is blatantly obvious that it was designed by GMDAT. I really do not like they're designs, thus far. It's like Hyundai, but injected with GM's own EXCITEMENT!!!! in bits here and there in an attempt to make the design seem thoroughly American. It simply does not work. The Beat is by far much worse than the Cruze, however.

BTW, looking at the designer's sketch's, I can see why. Such poor flow and a complete lack of stylistic details. Swoosh here, crease there, completely lacking in any realistic perspective. Is this who is seriously designing for GM? Is this seriously the quality of work being used? I've seen far better sketches by 'amateurs'.

The exterior will not age well, much like the Cobalt.

Yeah, well, considering it's been designed for now, but still won't come out for another year, yes.

• 1 month later...