If (insert Asian brand here) did (insert wish here) I'd buy one....

For me, Honda has f-ed up most of their lineup with one notable exception. I find the Accord coupe to be a very handsome vehicle... especially over the dowdy and misaligned sedan.

If Honda could make that into an Acura CL without putting a chrome shovel on the front, I'd be very tempted.

I liked the first gen G35 coupe but found it too small inside and the interior was really nothing over my CTS. Had the interior been bigger and appointed nicer Cadillac would have had more serious competition for my dollars.

If any of them would build a luxury car that was built for comfort and fuel economy over speed, I'd be interested.

If the Infinity G35 coupe was offered in a 2-door

fixed roof hardtop bodystyle with a white leather

interior & powered by their V8 mated to a fully

manual trans. I'd have a freekin' Infiniti tatoo on

my arm by now. :wub:

---

If the FX45 was priced like a new Trailblazer LS

& offered a fully manual trans. I'd be signing the

papers right NOW! :D

---

If the Maxima was not UGLY like a roadkill frog,

and if it had all of my favorite features that my

1984 Maxi-Pad had as standard equip. I

would be in love with it....

- RWD

- over-built IRS

- 4-wheel disk brakes

- manual trans... as in THREE pedals not some retarded paddle shift crapola

- Lightweight, tossable chassis

- looooong nose, short deck proportiopns

- INLINE-six, w/ timing CHAIN driven valvetrain

- aaaaand, of course: the "vocalised warning system"

(XP used to call it my "Datsun girlfriend" whenever she'd start talking)

---

If the Honda S2000 had the EXACT motor that Honda uses in their

F1 race cars and it cost $24,000 I;d be tempted. :P

---

If the last gen. Celica had that same cool, wacky styling but also

a TRUE pillarless hardtop greenhouse, RWD & a chain driven

cammer motor mounted to a 6-speed manual trans & posi... well

I'll tell ya THAT would make me proud to own a Toyopet.

You can file that under: www.never.gonna.happen.com.org.net.us

---

If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.... :AH-HA_wink:

I find the Infiniti G37 coupe appealing as it is... I'd like to see Lexus make a coupe version of the IS. Looking forward to seeing the G37 convertible.

I'd like to have the GT-R for a weekend on Ohio backroads, it would be a lot of fun, I think..out of my price range, though.

If the Infinity G35 coupe was offered in a 2-door

fixed roof hardtop bodystyle with a white leather

interior & powered by their V8 mated to a fully

manual trans. I'd have a freekin' Infiniti tatoo on

my arm by now. :wub:

Well...they are going to sell the convertible hardtop..you could do a conversion. :P

Infiniti's got it covered, except having a 4-cylinder car.

To me, however, if Toyota had a Supra, and Honda had a Prelude, both built to compete head to head with Camaro and Mustang (even if Prelude didn't have a V-8 and was an SH-AWD car instead of rear-drive), both would have to be on the list.

Also, If Mazda did a rotary sedan (or 5-door or wagon) about the size of the 6 or smaller, that would be automotive sexual chocolate.

Edited by LosAngeles

Infiniti may have done it with the new G37 sedan, coupe, and convertible.

I really do lust for a modern J30 though... The G37 sedan has some of the same interior/exterior characteristics. So, I guess that's why I like it...

I've always liked the style of J30...had to look it up, forgot it was RWD. It was styled by Jerry Hirschberg, who for some reason, I thought was previously with Pontiac, maybe in the '80s.

I've always liked the style of J30...had to look it up, forgot it was RWD. It was styled by Jerry Hirschberg, who for some reason, I thought was previously with Pontiac, maybe in the '80s.

I can picture Infiniti reviving the J-series as their "4-dr coupe" to compete against similar cars like the CLS, new BMW 8-series, Audi A7 "Sportsback", and Jaguar XF... that would be very nice...

If Suzuki were fully owned by GM (I dont think they are, right now) would you buy a G8 ST rebadged as a Suzuki?

What an insane vision that would be.

If no other incarnation was available, then yes, I'd buy (and then de-badge) the ST. With it being available at Pontiac, then no.

If I bought a Prius, I'd feel like a sellout...my friends and coworkers would all applaud my choice, but I'd feel dirty. Therefore, I should by a Town Car..it's kind of the anti-Prius. But my Dad didn't buy his first Lincoln until he was 56, so I'm still a bit young for one..:)

You're never too young for high school girls to assume you're driving a celebrity around town.

I drove a Town Car to my 10th high school reunion back in '98.... they are my favorite rental car. I love the old school style.

if you super-glued my testicles to a cannon ball and fired it through a (insert Asian Brand here) dealership, you could not get me to sign up for any of the 'cars' they sell on my way through. NOTHING is appealing, even with tweaks!

No, if someone glued your testicles to a cannon ball and fired it, you'd be castrated, and you'd suddenly be fawning over every Camry you saw.

And my own requirements are quite simple. A small, good-looking, fun to drive car that's fuel efficient.

Edited by Enzora

Hah. I was thinking of the 6th Gen Civic when I wrote that.

I may be the only person alive who doesn't think the hatch was the best looking model, but all three body styles were absolutely perfect. They tried to update it for the next gen and it just didn't work. Give me a red 6th gen Civic coupe, and I'll be more than happy to drive it everyday.

I'll never buy a Toyota. It would be a cold day in hell before I drive a Honda or Nissan. If someone wants to go import I suggest Honda and Nissan. If someone put a gun to my head I wouldn't buy a Toyota. It is a matter of pride and recalling what happend on a small US island 60 years ago. I never forget.

You are talking about anti-asian CAR sentiment, not anti-asian PEOPLE sentiment, right?

The two seem easily blurred here at times. Like brands are hated on simply because they're Asian. While many European brands that aren't exactly much better or the friend of fans of American cars seem to be cut much slack by comparison.

Some people expressing WWII- and communism-based views about some cars as if the Asians can't make anything worth driving.

Trust, I don't care for the current Toyota or Honda or the culture in the U.S. that feels neither can do wrong either.

But some of these posts are clearly sending a message based on something completely different.

I'd hate to see what kinda views would be shot off if an African car company existed.

The two seem easily blurred here at times. Like brands are hated on simply because they're Asian. While many European brands that aren't exactly much better or the friend of fans of American cars seem to be cut much slack by comparison.

Some people expressing WWII- and communism-based views about some cars as if the Asians can't make anything worth driving.

Trust, I don't care for the current Toyota or Honda or the culture in the U.S. that feels neither can do wrong either.

But some of these posts are clearly sending a message based on something completely different.

I'd hate to see what kinda views would be shot off if an African car company existed.

People not wanting to buy a car based on national pride isn't racist or communistic. We all have our preferences and reasons we wouldn't buy/drive X brand of car. BTW there have been quite a few Asian designers or engineers who have helped made some awesome cars for Detroit, Mike Shinoda being one of them. So if someone was trying to use race/ethnicity as view point for buying or not buying said vehicle, then that would make them an ambiguous hypocrite.

I didn't like any of the cars that Lutz presided over while at Chrysler, but he came to GM and gave us the CTS, the Malibu, and many others that I like. If the lead designer at Lexus were to defect over to Buick and design a bad ass, full size, V8 Buick, true to it's roots, I wouldn't shun the Buick just because of who designed it.

I buy GM partly because it's the closest I can get to buying Canadian. If a Canadian car company existed and wasn't total crap then I would buy from them.

BTW there have been quite a few Asian designers or engineers who have helped made some awesome cars for Detroit, Mike Shinoda being one of them.

I think you're thinking of Larry Shinoda. Mike Shinoda is the rapper for Linkin Park. But yes, Larry Shinoda did design some of the most iconic cars in American history. Of course, he was American, not Asian, and his designs are deeply rooted in the American automotive design tradition, not the Japanese.

There are a lot of people living in the past, thinking it's still 1941. In a global economy, such simplistic jingoism doesn't fly..

I would love to have a G35 coupe with the double spoke wheels (absolutely love those wheels). I like the G37, but the G35 is still better looking to me. It was an excellent design.

800px-2006-Infiniti-G35-coupe.jpg

I'd also like a 90's 300ZX...love those cars, and considered one while car shopping but they are expensive for me and hard to find.

Wouldn't mind a last gen Supra either, but they are way overpriced.

I like the current Altima, as well as the new Maxima having seen one in person.

I like the Accord coupe a lot too.

Last gen TL would be nice as well.

There's more but ths is a good start for now

oh and the GTR of course :D

Edited by Dodgefan

To me, however, if Toyota had a Supra, and Honda had a Prelude, both built to compete head to head with Camaro and Mustang (even if Prelude didn't have a V-8 and was an SH-AWD car instead of rear-drive), both would have to be on the list.

Also, If Mazda did a rotary sedan (or 5-door or wagon) about the size of the 6 or smaller, that would be automotive sexual chocolate.

Ditto to two of your Ideas. I like the idea of a modern Prelude, I am still thinking about buying an older prelude in good shape. Great driving car, the last gen was probably one of the best driving cars of the 1990's, esp for a FWD car.

Don't even get me started on the rotary thing, I am having a real hard time stayhing away from the RX-8 as it is. As a sports sedan, that would just kick ass.

Chris

Here ya go.

Black on tan even. :wub:

This is one of those awesome cars that you have a near sexual reaction to when you see it. I don't think any photograph does this car justice.

The exhaust note on those is cool also. We used to do site lighting repair down from Team Rahall, and we used to do Electrical work for Team Rahall here in Columbus.

Honda makes some great sounding race motors, and the sound of an NSX just puts a chill up my back.

Thanks for the pics, Siegen!

BTW, Silver and Red also look great on that car also.

Chris

if Subaru made the WRX STI from 2 generations ago still. Or a NSX that cost $25k. but that's about it.

I love the way the boster four cyl counds in an STI. That almost sells the car for me.

Chris

This is one of those awesome cars that you have a near sexual reaction to when you see it. I don't think any photograph does this car justice.

The exhaust note on those is cool also. We used to do site lighting repair down from Team Rahall, and we used to do Electrical work for Team Rahall here in Columbus.

Honda makes some great sounding race motors, and the sound of an NSX just puts a chill up my back.

Thanks for the pics, Siegen!

BTW, Silver and Red also look great on that car also.

Chris

Yes, sweet car...my friend Steve in Denver has a '91... I've ridden in it many times, driven it a few times..it's really a sweet car...black w/ black interior. The handling is great.

I think you're thinking of Larry Shinoda. Mike Shinoda is the rapper for Linkin Park. But yes, Larry Shinoda did design some of the most iconic cars in American history. Of course, he was American, not Asian, and his designs are deeply rooted in the American automotive design tradition, not the Japanese.

I know this is a GM board, but to me the 1970 Boss 302 trumps damn near every other car on the planet, a Ferrari F40 included.

He gave us some fine cars.

Chris

That would make this place REAL interesting... and probably piss me off a couple of times.

Actually I think it would be really cool to have an African car company. I know a lot of very artistic African Americans, and my son Joel is going to a high School (http://www.artcollegeprep.com) for the arts that is mostly African American.

There are some really cool students at his school, and I would just LOVE to see what a different culture could come up with in terms of cars.

I bet it would be a damn site better than a Camry!

Chris